1200cal/day really works.

Options

Replies

• belindanjumo
    belindanjumo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    it could just be water weight, it's really hard to maintain 1200 cals/day for an extended period of time for some people because a lot of people binge etc. that being said, i've lost 60 lbs on 1200 and less (extremely sedentary/dont work out/etc). to each their own though, whatever satisfies you and your lifestyle! no judgments can be really made over the internet :)

Your right. It could just be water weight. Am just happy seeing the scale going down. It wasn't doing that before. Congrats on ur loss though. Hope to be you someday!
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Wao i think i've come off the wrong foot here. Am not severly restricting myself. I just realised that sugar is quite MY enemy. Doesn't like me at all. But that doesn't mean i dont binge sometimes. I was just strict for one week and it worked for me. Thought I would encourage others to try it as well. Wish I could be you eating some icecream and still watching my weight plummet but my dear after kids the story changes.
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Congrats on your loss.

I am losing on 1600/day (more when I exercise) while enjoying my very high in sugar :devil: White Mocha. Gonna stick to my plan!!

I wonder how you lose on high sugar. If I did that, my weight would escalate. I drink my tea and coffee with no sugar. Have you heard about insulin resistance? you should check it out!

What was that about sarcasm and negativity?

I've lost over 35lb so far this year eating 2000 calories a day, so no you don't HAVE to live at 1200.

And I'm sorry, but I have to agree with other posters that you can't call it a success story when you're only a week in.

Oh no i wasn't trying to be sarcastic. You totally got me wrong. By the way congrats. I was only sharing what i thought sugar would do to me coz i have a sweet tooth. Am just saying for those who are sedentry, if they really stick to 1200/day, they would lose weight. its difficult ofcourse but if you try just one week, strictly, it works. Obviously if i was exercising like yourself, I wouldn't eat only 1200cal. Congrats on ur 35lbs. I aim to lose 30lbs

After you lose the 30 pounds - how will you maintain?.
    I am banking on you eating 1200 cals a day?.
    Err, for the rest of your life that is.
    1200 cals for the rest of your life.
    Fantastic life.
    You got it all worked out.
    Well done.
    Awesome.

Wao! first of all, i realise my apology was not accepted. Next, did you realise the thread where I was saying for now, i am a stay at home mum coz of my twin babies? I don't plan on staying home forever. When they grow old enough to go to school, i plan on being more active like before. I play lawn tennis, basketball and volleyball. Though i dont dream of exercising in the cold winter like now. hahaha. but what am trying to say is that if i succeed on losing the weight, i will try to maintain it as long as possible, My issue here is not maintaining but losing it in the first place.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I just plugged your numbers into the TDEE calculator and with 1 day a week of exercise your TDEE would be a little over 2000 calories and if you took 20% from that for weight loss then you should be losing eating 1600 calories. Are you weighing and measuring all your food and logging???

Yes am doing that. Every little thing i eat, i log on. I made sure i didnt go over 1200. Don't exercise partly because of the weather here in the UK and also coz there would be no one to look after my babies. If ur keen on trying eating 1200cal, please do. Don't want to sound cliche but it does work. I ate salads, chicken and water most of the time. Drank a cup of coffee a day too. I was surprised myself when i lost 4lbs. Because I had not managed to lose that much in a week before.

You've done this for one week - give it 6 then we will talk about it working. Lose the weight and happily maintain it for several months on a decent calorie intake - then we might agree.

It's far far to early to encourage others to lose on 1200 a day :noway:

PS I'm 5'2 losing on 1600 cals a day and I exercise even in our lousy British weather. (twins is a better reason - but never the weather)
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss.

I am losing on 1600/day (more when I exercise) while enjoying my very high in sugar :devil: White Mocha. Gonna stick to my plan!!

I wonder how you lose on high sugar. If I did that, my weight would escalate. I drink my tea and coffee with no sugar. Have you heard about insulin resistance? you should check it out!

I've lost over 35lb so far this year eating 2000 calories a day, so no you don't HAVE to live at 1200.

And I'm sorry, but I have to agree with other posters that you can't call it a success story when you're only a week in.

Oh no i wasn't trying to be sarcastic. You totally got me wrong. By the way congrats. I was only sharing what i thought sugar would do to me coz i have a sweet tooth. Am just saying for those who are sedentry, if they really stick to 1200/day, they would lose weight. its difficult ofcourse but if you try just one week, strictly, it works. Obviously if i was exercising like yourself, I wouldn't eat only 1200cal. Congrats on ur 35lbs. I aim to lose 30lbs

Fantastic life.
    Well done.
    Awesome.
    I think she's well aware that if she loses at 1200 a day, she won't be maintaining on 1200 a day. She does have a fantastic life, she is working it all out. Well done and awesome she's lost the weight she lost. She's proud, I'm proud. If you don't agree with the 1200 calories....SO BE IT! Let it be. You do what works for you, others will do what works for them. This site really should be encouraging, not sarcastic and rude.
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Wao i think i've come off the wrong foot here. Am not severly restricting myself. I just realised that sugar is quite MY enemy. Doesn't like me at all. But that doesn't mean i dont binge sometimes. I was just strict for one week and it worked for me. Thought I would encourage others to try it as well. Wish I could be you eating some icecream and still watching my weight plummet but my dear after kids the story changes.

babe sugar ain't the enemy.
    But binging might be.
    Please read up.
    Loads of gals on this site have kiddies and have so much success.
    Look around a wee bit.
    Babes, don't feel bad, you have twins to look after.
    The weight will come off.
    Look around the site k.
    I give ya a flower too :flowerforyou:

there are some fantastic threads on what works and what-not.
    Look around a tad.

yea you right. I stopped binging and was strict for that week alone. I guess thats why i was surprised to see my weight dropped. Now you got me in floods of tears. I was just trying to share the lil' success I had and what i did to achieve it. Thanks for the flowers. xxx
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you ... Just be careful not to end up "skinny-fat" ...

ETA: not to put a damper on your party, but those 4 pounds weren't all fat ... maybe 1 or 2 was, the rest ... water ...
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Can't judge success after one week. Come back when you have been at your goal and on maintenance for at least a year.

That was a little snarky. She's celebrating a change!
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Congrats on your loss.

Fantastic life.
    Well done.
    Awesome.
    I think she's well aware that if she loses at 1200 a day, she won't be maintaining on 1200 a day. She does have a fantastic life, she is working it all out. Well done and awesome she's lost the weight she lost. She's proud, I'm proud. If you don't agree with the 1200 calories....SO BE IT! Let it be. You do what works for you, others will do what works for them. This site really should be encouraging, not sarcastic and rude.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Finally someone who gets me. Proud of my lil' 4lbs/week for now. Thanks for being proud of me.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Wao i think i've come off the wrong foot here.

welcome_to_the_internet.jpg
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Can't judge success after one week. Come back when you have been at your goal and on maintenance for at least a year.

That was a little snarky. She's celebrating a change!

Thank you! Okay now am no longer crying. Having a wide grin on me face!
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Congrats on your loss.

Fantastic life.
    Well done.
    Awesome.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Finally someone who gets me. Proud of my lil' 4lbs/week for now. Thanks for being proud of me.
    :happy: you're very welcome. Everyone here knows it's hard work to lose weight, otherwise they wouldn't use this site! I just don't understand some people.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and have lost almost 150 pounds doing so. I'm eating every few hours. I just eat whole and healthy and eat a lot of food. What works for you may not work for someone else. It does not by any means that you are depriving yourself or starving yourself. It just means this is what works for you. Don't let people dog you for your means of weight loss. It's your life, you have to live it not them.
  • belindanjumo
    Options

babe sugar ain't the enemy.
    But binging might be.
    Please read up.
    Loads of gals on this site have kiddies and have so much success.
    Look around a wee bit.
    Babes, don't feel bad, you have twins to look after.
    The weight will come off.
    Look around the site k.
    I give ya a flower too :flowerforyou:

there are some fantastic threads on what works and what-not.
    Look around a tad.

yea you right. I stopped binging and was strict for that week alone. I guess thats why i was surprised to see my weight dropped. Now you got me in floods of tears. I was just trying to share the lil' success I had and what i did to achieve it. Thanks for the flowers. xxx

Stop crying and be strong.
    You are a beautiful gal and you have the drive to succeed and you will get there.
    Just want you to get on the right track that's all.
    I apologise if I was too harsh, my intent wasn't to hurt you. You do know how harsh brits are after all.
    After all, I do love Newcastle.
    Love twins too.
    You are doing grand.
    You are a beautiful, strong gal and I wish you all the very best.
    And your success is welcomed.
    You have done well.
    You are beautiful.
    Lillies in the spring for ya.
    Take it easy.
    Lots of love.

Thanks. Roses for you too!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    OP starts a post telling everyone to try 1200 calories, with no mention that it's the bare minimum for a sedentary woman and too low for active or taller women and too low for all men. She then agrees that it's not for everyone but gets upset that people feel it's important to point out that it's not for everyone.

Did I get everything?
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and have lost almost 150 pounds doing so. I'm eating every few hours. I just eat whole and healthy and eat a lot of food. What works for you may not work for someone else. It does not by any means that you are depriving yourself or starving yourself. It just means this is what works for you. Don't let people dog you for your means of weight loss. It's your life, you have to live it not them.

Thank you! Wao you did great. I will definitely try to emulate you. My goal is to lose 30lbs and you lost 150? BRAVO!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    no mother of twins is completely sedentary.

I was just going to say the same thing.

hahaha true. But lemme give you some insight. My twins are 18months old. Not yet playing or running around a football field as you would expect. I sure will be more active when they get older. For now am a stay at home mum.

When my twins were 18 months, they were climbing fences and the wood pile out back. Not to mention the destruction inside. I was VERY active chasing them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!