LOW CARB DIET from today.- who's with me?

Options
Hi everyone,

From my excessive research and experiments on myself (LOL) I have come to know that a low carb diet works very well if not the best. Therefore, I think it is time to stop thinking and start doing! I am starting my low-carb diet from today (4th November 2013) and would love to have similar people as buddies and join my new group so we can all be on our way to a healthier, fitter and sexier new you! ;)

MY group: (search for this:) "Low Carb Dieters Start 4th November '13"

It would be great to motivate each other and share recipes and tips that work best for us all!

Around three years ago I did a similar diet and lost 14 kgs (22 pounds) in just 6 weeks! So if we can commit we can all do it!

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I did it for a year.

Never again.

Good luck!
  • ChristinaAndrews
    Options
    Why never again? Considering giving it a shot.
  • hailbloodymary
    Options
    Wow slimmingteacher, that is a great effort with the first time! May I ask you what you did exactly?
  • Shateyn
    Options
    Good timing. I've been in build phase for the last 3 months and have put on quite a bit of weight (both muscle and fat). So tomorrow I meet with my trainer and we will be starting burn phase so I'm thinking my carbs are going to drop way down. I'll add you!
  • rotielover
    rotielover Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend! Good to have someone else working the same as me! It is the only diet that worked consistently for me, but I have sooooo much weight to lose, it was difficult to keep going for me.

This time -- it WILL be different!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group please add me
  • ndelacourt
    ndelacourt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting LC again too! I lost about 40 lbs the first time around in 3 months.....some recent lab work has scared me into coming back to LC....all the books and research I have done, points to lc as not only the best way to lose fat, but also the healthiest diet.

I am in!!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm In! Only way I lose weight consistently :drinker:
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hi

My new macros carb goal isn't too high 140 and 30g sugar. So it really qualifies for low carb--- so I need to kick start myself, I'll join you!
  • saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yup.. I'm starting from the the 5th of November.. (4th is already over here .. so..:drinker: )
  • jjeanne7
    Options
    Please add me, I have just been reading about carbs and how the wrong kind can make us fat and unhealthy!
    I would think there needs to be a balance?
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I also lost quite a bit of weight before on a low carb diet.BUT, it didn't stay off, because I eventually went back to eating carbs and the weight came back on :sad: . I find I do best in a plan that allows *all foods* in moderation, while watching nutrients, macros and protein intake. Good Luck to you all, though! :flowerforyou:
  • StretchDaily
    StretchDaily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in. I sent friend request. Just found this site today and signed up. All new to me, but I am 35 pds overweight and none of my clothes fit. So count me in.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Why never again? Considering giving it a shot.

Ended up with terrible energy/endurance levels, cycling through weight loss and weight gain, and in the end, the only way to get the weight off anyway was...you guessed it...counting calories.

And the deprivations...omg...

If it works for others, that's totally cool, but I personally will never ever do it again.
  • dereksyme
    Options
    Happy to join up for my next phase. i have lost 10 kgs on LC and exercise and i'm targetting another 4kgs by Christmas. Good luck to all. cheers
  • slimmingteacher
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Glad to see that you all are with me! feel free to add me as a friend and join my group so we can easily stay in one place and stay on track! good luck everyone!! We can DO it!!! <3
  • rotielover
    rotielover Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ended up with terrible energy/endurance levels, cycling through weight loss and weight gain, and in the end, the only way to get the weight off anyway was...you guessed it...counting calories.

And the deprivations...omg...

If it works for others, that's totally cool, but I personally will never ever do it again.

I would suggest reading the Atkins book. It has methods for getting thru the energy issue which are generally caused by your body switching from burning carbs to burning fat.

I also suggest reading "Why we get fat and what to do about it". That one has all the science put in layman's terms for why it works and how it has been known for a couple of hundred years.

I mean -- you eat as much as you want (from the lists), and don't actually have to exercise (part of the book talks about why this can be detrimental). I am really going to miss my carbs, but can get back to having them in moderation when my weight loss is done!

Good luck to us all!
  • bybyadipocytes
    bybyadipocytes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'll join in but I am eating 100 carbs/day. It is low carb enough since I am a runner. I can still have fruit and sweet potatoes, it really is grains that mess me up!
  • nealandterri
    nealandterri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I agree! When I have lost weight, it was when I ate more protein and less carbs! I am with you! Terri
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What do you consider low carb? Everyone's idea of low carb is so different.