LOW CARB DIET from today.- who's with me?

Options

Replies

• sungvars
    sungvars Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can you please add me as a friend. I'm starting low carb again and could use some support on this journey. Thank you.:smile:
  • vegandieter1987
    vegandieter1987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey guys! I JUST STARTED THIS TODAY. so how important is it to be less than 50g/day? is less than 100 alright? or maybe btw 50-100 on training days and less than 50 on nontraining days? any advice appreciated. cheers.
  • yvette2762
    Options
    Hey everyone....I would love to join....I am alittle late....BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER......as I hd back surgery and am finding it hard to work out.....
  • Bbwinpr
    Bbwinpr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I TRIED THE DIET A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT ACTUALLY WORK BUT HERE IN PUERTO RICO WE EAT RICE ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS SO I ENDED UP GIVING IN SINCE I WAS THE ONLY PERSON BETWEEN MY FAMILY N FRIENDS DOING THE DIET I WOULD LOVE TO START AGAIN WITH SOME FRIENDLY SUPPORT THIS TIME AROUND
  • slimmingteacher
    Options
    Following a low carb diet you will notice that your calorie content naturally get lower and your appetite goes down. Foods which are high in protein such as chicken will fill you up and they contain reasonably amount of calories and if you continue it for a fortnight or so you will see your appetite going down and you will naturally stay under 1200cal a day. When I did my high protein diet I couldn't eat more than 800cals in the day. Not because I was starving myself; but because the high protein supressed my appetite and I lost a stone in just over two weeks.

Additionally, this post is not meant for debate but just a voluntary option of following a low carb diet with me, I did not force anyone as everyone have their own ideas of what works and what doesn't and I am in no position to be giving professional information. A low calorie diet just cannot work for me as eating bad carbs such as rice and bread may make you feel satisfied for a few hours but does not fill me up and I end up going over my calorie limit. whereas if I follow a low carb I naturally stick to my under 1000 calories.

I eat 160g+ protein per day much of the time - I can still eat a damn site more than 800 calories.

Why is rice a bad carb?

Yes but i ate only protein being chicken. And yogurt. And i could not eat more than 700calories. Plus people have different appetites and ways of functioning. Yet again as i mentioned i am in no way forcing snone to do a low carb diet but merely offering my support and gaining support of those who wish to do it with me.

Rice, pasta, potato and bread if you go to any doctor or health professional will tell you those 4 items contain the highest amount of carbs.

You only ate chicken and yogurt totaling 700 calories and was full? I thought I had a low appetite. The fat levels with just eating that sounds horribly low to me.

I think I can find the amount of carbs without having to go to a doctor or health professional, especially as this app has them in the database. So, the carb density makes them bad?

There is only so much protein one can have. Following the Dukan diet I lost 1 stone in just over a fortnight. My daily diet was 2 boiled eggs without yolk for breakfast. 3 boiled eggs (2 with yolk and 1 without) for lunch. And half a chicken for dinner. Snacking on fat free yogurt when hungry. Came to roughly 800calories and I burnt off about 400 calories 5 days a week. Consequently the weight came off! Right at the start I ate a lot of chicken then slowly couldn't finish my plate and came down to a quarter. Do not question it unless you try this for a month. Otherwise you're more than welcome to try any diet that you fancy. :)

Do not question? Really?

It seems like there is only so much protein *you* can have. I have a damn site more than that. And no thanks, I am doing perfectly well without that kind of restriction.

Also, why on earth would I want to try a diet that has such low calories that I risk losing muscle mass as well as having a bunch of hormonal issues and have my gym performance go to crap?

No one's asked you to try it or provide your input as you can see on the title there is no question asking your opinion. If you think the diet is not right for you than feel free to move forward and walk away, because no one would want you to join in our friendly and positive group; as you do not fit the criteria. :)

Good day!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Following a low carb diet you will notice that your calorie content naturally get lower and your appetite goes down. Foods which are high in protein such as chicken will fill you up and they contain reasonably amount of calories and if you continue it for a fortnight or so you will see your appetite going down and you will naturally stay under 1200cal a day. When I did my high protein diet I couldn't eat more than 800cals in the day. Not because I was starving myself; but because the high protein supressed my appetite and I lost a stone in just over two weeks.

Additionally, this post is not meant for debate but just a voluntary option of following a low carb diet with me, I did not force anyone as everyone have their own ideas of what works and what doesn't and I am in no position to be giving professional information. A low calorie diet just cannot work for me as eating bad carbs such as rice and bread may make you feel satisfied for a few hours but does not fill me up and I end up going over my calorie limit. whereas if I follow a low carb I naturally stick to my under 1000 calories.

I eat 160g+ protein per day much of the time - I can still eat a damn site more than 800 calories.

Why is rice a bad carb?

Yes but i ate only protein being chicken. And yogurt. And i could not eat more than 700calories. Plus people have different appetites and ways of functioning. Yet again as i mentioned i am in no way forcing snone to do a low carb diet but merely offering my support and gaining support of those who wish to do it with me.

Rice, pasta, potato and bread if you go to any doctor or health professional will tell you those 4 items contain the highest amount of carbs.

You only ate chicken and yogurt totaling 700 calories and was full? I thought I had a low appetite. The fat levels with just eating that sounds horribly low to me.

I think I can find the amount of carbs without having to go to a doctor or health professional, especially as this app has them in the database. So, the carb density makes them bad?

There is only so much protein one can have. Following the Dukan diet I lost 1 stone in just over a fortnight. My daily diet was 2 boiled eggs without yolk for breakfast. 3 boiled eggs (2 with yolk and 1 without) for lunch. And half a chicken for dinner. Snacking on fat free yogurt when hungry. Came to roughly 800calories and I burnt off about 400 calories 5 days a week. Consequently the weight came off! Right at the start I ate a lot of chicken then slowly couldn't finish my plate and came down to a quarter. Do not question it unless you try this for a month. Otherwise you're more than welcome to try any diet that you fancy. :)

Do not question? Really?

It seems like there is only so much protein *you* can have. I have a damn site more than that. And no thanks, I am doing perfectly well without that kind of restriction.

Also, why on earth would I want to try a diet that has such low calories that I risk losing muscle mass as well as having a bunch of hormonal issues and have my gym performance go to crap?

No one's asked you to try it or provide your input as you can see on the title there is no question asking your opinion. If you think the diet is not right for you than feel free to move forward and walk away, because no one would want you to join in our friendly and positive group; as you do not fit the criteria. :)

Good day!

Sorry that you do not like people asking questions in an open forum. And no, I do not fit the criteria of someone who eats less than 800 calories.

FWIW, I have no issue with low carb. I do have an issue with misinformation.
  • syk48
    syk48 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm on low carb because I have to be. Would be good to know others doing same way.
  • slimmingteacher
    Options

Why is rice a bad carb?

Do not question? Really?

Good day!

Sorry that you do not like people asking questions in an open forum. And no, I do not fit the criteria of someone who eats less than 800 calories.

• Jackie_Chanly
    Options
    Hey I wanted to start another round of paleo too starting in november. Do you need fitness buddies on this goal? If so please add me! I'd love to have someone to keep in mind other than myself during the goal. :-)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I did in no way say i am a health professional or that my information is 100% accurate. If you read porperly you will see that i wrote a lot of research and not all research or it is a fact that a low carb diet works. Plus if staying on 800calories worked for me andnot you than it is not my problem but your own. Feel free to follow any program that you are doing as i am no one to tell you and do not wish to do so. Yes it is an open forum but you should maybe next tike learb to read the title and information before givong your unwanted opinion. If the diet did not work then so many people would not be interested to join.

Lol, did someone make you the internet monitor?? Maybe you want to consider chillaxing a little.
  • JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting low carb this week too, after reading Living Low Carb.
  • NiikouruDesu
    Options
    No.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Why is rice a bad carb?

Do not question? Really?

Good day!

I did in no way say i am a health professional or that my information is 100% accurate. If you read porperly you will see that i wrote a lot of research and not all research or it is a fact that a low carb diet works. Plus if staying on 800calories worked for me andnot you than it is not my problem but your own. Feel free to follow any program that you are doing as i am no one to tell you and do not wish to do so. Yes it is an open forum but you should maybe next tike learb to read the title and information before givong your unwanted opinion. If the diet did not work then so many people would not be interested to join.

Yes, it is an open forum, which means that I can post. I don't care what the title is. Misinformation is misinformation. I did not post in this thread until I saw a bunch of BS bandied about.

Sorry, you have absolutely no say in who posts in a thread you start on the main forum. I can and will post as I see fit, as long as it is within the CGs, which my posts are.

Of course 800 calories a day allows you to lose weight. If you call that working....well, that's up to you.

Also, please do not insult me by insinuating that I have not learnt to read a title or information. I am sorry that you are bent out of shape that I tried to have a discussion with you and you did not feel up to defending your stance, but that is your issue and no reason to insult my comprehension skills.
  • slimmingteacher
    Options

Why is rice a bad carb?

Do not question? Really?

Good day!

Yes, it is an open forum, which means that I can post. I don't care what the title is. Misinformation is misinformation. I did not post in this thread until I saw a bunch of BS bandied about.

Sorry, you have absolutely no say in who posts in a thread you start on the main forum. I can and will post as I see fit, as long as it is within the CGs, which my posts are.

Of course 800 calories a day allows you to lose weight. If you call that working....well, that's up to you.

Also, please do not insult me by insinuating that I have not learnt to read a title or information. I am sorry that you are bent out of shape that I tried to have a discussion with you and you did not feel up to defending your stance, but that is your issue and no reason to insult my comprehension skills.

I did not and would not encourage you to folloq the information did i. I am merely informing people of what worked for me. It may not be healthy but in desperate times something has to be done and only a person who has a lot of weight to lose can understand that. So if i am providing guidance and gaining support from people then i have full right to do so and don't need your input. Afterall it is an open forum and i can give information as i please. Also, if you read thr forums my fitness pal has already mentioned that information provided on forums is in no way professional. So unless you work for them then you do not need to repeat what has already been said. And if the information is so wrong then there would not be so many people already joined into the group and successfully following and losing weight with a low carb diet.
  • JenB619
    Options
    I'm on board with low carb. I've seen much long-term success from family, friends, and co-workers who follow a low carb lifestyle. Additionally, (apart from red meat..I'm really not a fan) I enjoy the food I can eat while following a low carb plan. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Why is rice a bad carb?

Do not question? Really?

Good day!

I did not and would not encourage you to folloq the information did i. I am merely informing people of what worked for me. It may not be healthy but in desperate times something has to be done and only a person who has a lot of weight to lose can understand that. So if i am providing guidance and gaining support from people then i have full right to do so and don't need your input. Afterall it is an open forum and i can give information as i please. Also, if you read thr forums my fitness pal has already mentioned that information provided on forums is in no way professional. So unless you work for them then you do not need to repeat what has already been said. And if the information is so wrong then there would not be so many people already joined into the group and successfully following and losing weight with a low carb diet.

There was misinformation in this thread...please reread what I actually have posted here.

I realize that you do not *need* my input, but my comments/questions are not for your benefit as you have already made your mind up.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    death by concentric rectangles
  • Mikiemg
    Mikiemg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me! Started working on it .....last week. Finding the right foods and getting rid of the wrong ones....lots of checking nutrition lists!

How low are you going with the carbs?
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My research show that a low carb diet is not healthy. Carbs are energy and any athlete would perish if it wasn't for carbs. I am not an athlete but my aim is to re-gain my fitness level from a few years ago, in which carbs played a major part in my daily meal times. Plenty of rice, potatoes with hearty helpings of various veg is the key for performance and endurance.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My research show that a low carb diet is not healthy. Carbs are energy and any athlete would perish if it wasn't for carbs. I am not an athlete but my aim is to re-gain my fitness level from a few years ago, in which carbs played a major part in my daily meal times. Plenty of rice, potatoes with hearty helpings of various veg is the key for performance and endurance.

Are you a scientist? What research did you do exactly?