Just for Today

Options

Replies

• FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will tell myself that I am super awesome....... and then act like it!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: Keep it simple.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am 6 days without wine - just for today I will make it 7 days!!!!
  • tlchris7
    Options
    I am very grateful for this post and all the responses. I can so relate to the one cookie away... I lost 70 lbs 5 years ago and although, thank God, I've kept most of it off, I've slowly gained 20 back. Since I've been working really hard to lose weight again, I've lost 10. However the last 10 seems elusive. And that's just to get to a weight I know I can achieve but isn't according to charts where I should be. I'm 170 and trying to get to 160 and I am 5'5" which means I should be in the 145 range at most. So I struggle and mostly I struggle to not eat sweets. Which brings me to the theme, just for today... When I eat a lot of sweets I ditch recording in the diary and then I ditch it every day after because I lost my streak. So this post has reminded me that if I focus on today, yesterday doesn't have the power to sabotage me. That feels very empowering!

Again, I am grateful for the inspiration and wisdom in these posts!

Just for Today!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will find the positive side of everything.
    what a great attitude... I love this!:flowerforyou:
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! I love these inspiring words-- I seriously wrote a bunch down on sticky notes to place around my house!

Just for today, I am stronger than my cravings.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stick to my plan.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    LOVE this! I love these inspiring words-- I seriously wrote a bunch down on sticky notes to place around my house!

Just for today, I am stronger than my cravings.

:heart: :heart:
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Just for Today I will stick to my plan... even when its hard and I'm tired
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stay away from the peppermint candy.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great way to look at it. Some people do well with moderation, but for others abstinence is much more effective. Thinking you can never eat a cookie for the rest of your life can really be tough to deal with, but getting through the day without a cookie is much less scary.

II assume this is the essence of the "one day at a time" that I have heard from friends who did AA

Sounds like an awesome plan
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be kind and supportive to everyone around me, including myself.
  • pauldix
    pauldix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying but I don't think I could operate in that way.

It is perfectly possible to enjoy food and feel full while on a moderate diet.

I do have the odd bar of chocolate and cookie but allow for that in my diet planning. I'm sure anyone could do the same.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. We all want treats, and we can all have treats in moderation. But if you're like me, suddenly the treats are in control and I can't leave them alone. I lost 97 pounds, and then let "treating myself" become an all day, every day occurrence. I've gained back 30 plus pounds and haven't been able to lose any of it because I can't leave the treats alone. I re-committed yesterday to staying focused every day on getting healthy which means making better food choices and only treating myself here and there. Thanks for the post...I needed it today. :flowerforyou:

Just for today: I will maintain my focus on eating healthy.
  • palmtree51
    palmtree51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with that. Thank you today I will eat healthier :flowerforyou:
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just for today...I will take care of ME as well as I take care of everyone around me.

Just for today...I will not let the tape spouting negativity in my head to be heard.
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Just for Today I will go to the gym and enjoy my workout!!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will get my walking done then get to my exercises without complaint.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I will continue to eat right, exercise and put real clothes on- not sweats!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    Just for Today I will remember!

14janic.jpg