Approached

Options
_jayciemarie_
_jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
I am all for meeting people with similar interests and goals. I want to know what motivates you and what works for you. I'm on here because I want to lose weight. Has anyone else been approached on here as if this is a dating website? I keep accepting friends, because I truly want a good support system. I don't want a date.

Replies

• Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    No, I can't say anyone on here wants to date me :smile:

Edited, but I do have an obnoxious sounding disclaimer on my profile for just in case
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    YES!! LOL, for that reason, I don't typically add any men. I just rather not go there. I don't feel sexy when I'm counting calories, venting about my struggles, and sharing the joys of wanting to lose weight. Not all the guys are that way, but to avoid it, I just decline the male requests.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I have a mix of men and women on my FL. The men are flirty, but so am I. That being said, I haven't had a single one not offer help when I need it or encouragement when I am feeling down.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    YES!! LOL, for that reason, I don't typically add any men. I just rather not go there. I don't feel sexy when I'm counting calories, venting about my struggles, and sharing the joys of wanting to lose weight. Not all the guys are that way, but to avoid it, I just decline the male requests.

I mean--I don't know a lot of ladies that start off meeting a man and saying "Hi! I'm 200lbs". I was approached and it was just awkward. This isn't Match.com, Plenty of Fish, OkCupid, Farmers.com, or whatever. I'm a fatty and I want to lose weight. That is it! haha
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    All the time, LOL. Unfortunately I think it's just part of it. They see an attractive person that has lost weight and all of a sudden you have tons of friends :) . But you can chose to deny them and only have those that truly support you and your goals. I have tons of friends, some of which comment on my daily events and some do not. Those that do not don't stay very long.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    All the time!.... but im doing the approaching ;)
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    bonding over common interests is kind of supposed to be a good thing.

it makes sense to approach someone who you know is interested in getting healthy and fit if that is also an interest of yours.

you don't have to be interested, but do recognize that it makes perfect sense.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options

it makes sense to approach someone who you know is interested in getting healthy and fit if that is also an interest of yours.

You're pretty, smart, and you lift. Are you free Friday?
  • fivethreeone
    Options

I'm sorry, Fridays are only half-off.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Was I approached? No...

Did I develop a solid friendship with someone? Yes..
    Did I develop feelings for him? Yes...

Does he mean the world to me now? HELL YES!

Am I complaining that it happened on MFP?

ummm... NEVER!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    At least once a day, if you have female organs it happens. I call this place mydatingpal.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

Barry-Yes.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Don't ruin it for the rest of us. :angry:

Make MFP what you want it to be. I like it to be fun, so I flirt with my friends, because that's fun to me. That's why they gave us a delete button.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Everyone hates me.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Barry-Yes.gif

That's fine baby I got dollas!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Jeez, you could have just said no to me in PM. You didn't have to go airing it out on the forums.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love to be flirty and fun with my friends. I am just as flirty with my girl friends on here as I am my guy friends. I just think its fun. I had a dude friend me last year and he was telling me all about him and his kids etc. I mentioned that I was pregnant at the time and never heard from him again. Jag bag!!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I see it all as harmless, my fiance is fully aware that I'm a flirt, but he knows that he's my one and only :heart:
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes.... and that is why I had to abandon my "original" profile and start a new one without pictures and without friends..... because that is not what I am here for.... and all the "fake" encouragement was getting on my nerves, too. Know what I'm talking about? The same people were always posting praise and cheers on my MFP but would get upset when I would not reciprocate. I can't!
  • fivethreeone
    Options
    Yes.... and that is why I had to abandon my "original" profile and start a new one without pictures and without friends..... because that is not what I am here for.... and all the "fake" encouragement was getting on my nerves, too. Know what I'm talking about? The same people were always posting praise and cheers on my MFP but would get upset when I would not reciprocate. I can't!

pick better friends.