Approached

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    People here need to get a life if they're flirting and stuff. This isn't a dating site people! This is all serious to me here. I'm as hard-core here as I am in the gym. It's all business and hard work. Playing around or doing things halfway doesn't pay off. Whether it's the gym or MFP you need to focus on your goals or you'll never hit them.

Hard work pays off. I can now do tricep extensions with the full stack.

Wtf-tricep-extensions.gif

rotflmfao!!!!!!!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have gotten a lot of these. I have no idea why, honestly, but I do get a lot of "hey sexy dancer ;)" PMs and FRs. What I want to know is... WHY???

Edited to add: It's legitimately really creepy and makes me uncomfortable. I have issues with the idea of getting hit on/creeped on.

If you don't want those kind of messages, why do you have the photo up that you have? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but you are certainly presenting a sexy image. Why would it puzzle you that men would send you those kind of messages?

Not that it's any of your business, but I am most certainly not presenting a "sexy" image. I wanted to show off my new corset (which is something that I like to wear) to my friends and didn't mind the picture, so I kept it as main. Also, even if I was going for "sexy", that would not mean that it was inviting people to send me creepy messages. That's as stupid as blaming a woman for getting raped by saying that she was wearing a short skirt, so she was asking for it.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm here for my health, & to focus on eating right & exercising right. I have had a few guys make passes, or say some inappropriate things. And it's pretty obnoxious. I don't mind making friends here, or knowing people that are here for similar reasons & results.. But I'm not down with the perverted messages. It's one thing to compliment someone, but quit taking it to an uncomfortable level.
  • ShaniWulffe
    Options
    I have gotten a lot of these. I have no idea why, honestly, but I do get a lot of "hey sexy dancer ;)" PMs and FRs. What I want to know is... WHY???

Edited to add: It's legitimately really creepy and makes me uncomfortable. I have issues with the idea of getting hit on/creeped on.

If you don't want those kind of messages, why do you have the photo up that you have? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but you are certainly presenting a sexy image. Why would it puzzle you that men would send you those kind of messages?

Not that it's any of your business, but I am most certainly not presenting a "sexy" image. I wanted to show off my new corset (which is something that I like to wear) to my friends and didn't mind the picture, so I kept it as main. Also, even if I was going for "sexy", that would not mean that it was inviting people to send me creepy messages. That's as stupid as blaming a woman for getting raped by saying that she was wearing a short skirt, so she was asking for it.

Comparing getting a harmless creepy message that you can easily delete to getting raped. Do you even logic?

Oh, and that was rhetorical. It is obvious the answer is "no."

I wasn't equating the messages to getting raped, I was equating her putting the blame on me for others being unable to have basic human decency to people putting the blame on survivors of rape for others being unable to have basic human decency. In addition, you don't know my story.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

I'll let the bolded snippet speak for itself. And (of course) you are not just showing your pic of your posing in your corset to just your friends here. Surely you know that? :smile:

You post a photo of you...looking like a sexy dancer. And you get all bent out of shape because you get 'Hey sexy dancer' messages??

And no - the rape comparison is just...no. :noway:
  • ShaniWulffe
    Options

You post a photo of you...looking like a sexy dancer. And you get all bent out of shape because you get 'Hey sexy dancer' messages??

And no - the rape comparison is just...no.

Like I said, I was in no way, shape, or form going for a "sexy" image. I'm not even remotely in a "sexy" pose in the picture. I was not getting "bent out of shape" about getting messages. I'm just saying that there is no reason that adults should not be able to control themselves and understand that just because I'm wearing something that I liek to wear, that does not mean that it's an open invitation to creep on me. Also as I said before, I have issues with this kind of thing, and you do not know my story. So stop acting so high and mighty, honestly.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Like I said, I was in no way, shape, or form going for a "sexy" image. I'm not even remotely in a "sexy" pose in the picture. I was not getting "bent out of shape" about getting messages. I'm just saying that there is no reason that adults should not be able to control themselves and understand that just because I'm wearing something that I liek to wear, that does not mean that it's an open invitation to creep on me. Also as I said before, I have issues with this kind of thing, and you do not know my story. So stop acting so high and mighty, honestly.

You're not even in a 'remotely sexy pose'? LOL!!

Listen young one. Believe it or not, I get my fair share of 'fan male' but I expect it because I do post photos that invite it. If you get real vulgarity, just report it. But if something as benign as 'Hey sexy dancer' makes you uncomfortable, post a photo of your kitten or something. That is what some of my MFP friends do.

It's not brain surgery or anything.
  • ShaniWulffe
    Options

You're not even in a 'remotely sexy pose'? LOL!!

Listen young one. Believe it or not, I get my fair share of 'fan male' but I expect it because I do post photos that invite it. If you get real vulgarity, just report it. But if something as benign as 'Hey sexy dancer' makes you uncomfortable, post a photo of your kitten or something. That is what some of my MFP friends do.

It's not brain surgery or anything.

That was an example of a type of message. It was not literally every message I get. And no, I'm not in a remotely sexy pose. If you can't handle a woman *gasp* putting her hand on her hip, that's YOUR problem, not mine.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

That was an example of a type of message. It was not literally every message I get. And no, I'm not in a remotely sexy pose. If you can't handle a woman *gasp* putting her hand on her hip, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

ETA: deleted response upon further reflection.
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

All I can think of right now is, "It's not the nail"

Don't know how popular this youtube video is... it just fits. perfectly. look it up :)
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hell, I've been here over a year and NEVER had a naughty PM or invite! <scratches her head>
    Guess I must be past my expiration or something, LOL

The way I look at it, it's easy enough to ignore/report if someone creeps you out.
    One day you will get to an age where no one notices anymore... THEN you get to complain! :-p
  • QuietBloom
    Options

All I can think of right now is, "It's not the nail"

Don't know how popular this youtube video is... it just fits. perfectly. look it up :)

Hahahaha! You're right. It is perfect! :flowerforyou:
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I think it helps I have a furry man in my picture and that my ticker on my profile has my "save the date" as the background. :tongue:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I've never been approached once. I'm cute enough but, unfortunately, my personality sucks. :sad:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Truth. I originally came in here to track my food and exercise. I was here for the reason this site was created, not for the site that it has become. At least in this particular forum.

I find most topics to be repetitive. Haven't seen anything new in a very long time. I flirt a little, get sarcastic a little, even met a few people I can relate to, but the main reason I am in here is because I am bored at work sometimes. I never log into MFP at home. Too many better things to do.

In all reality, when I retire, I will shut this profile down and get on with more productive things. Until then, I'll bet I can be just as shallow and redundant as the rest of you.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Everyone hates me.

That cause you be all Hulked up! :happy:
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I have a few flirty men on my friends list. They never cross the line of what I would feel is appropriate and what isn't. The guys are actually more supportive and encouraging than most of the women on my list.

Going back to what someone posted about "how much you are approached depends on what you have as your profile picture"...this is absolutely true for me. If I change my profile pic to a body shot with my stethoscope, I get about 10 "hey I'm sick, wanna be my nurse?" messages. I took that picture in response to the "why are nurses obese thread" and also because I have lost 40lbs and was kinda feeling awesome about myself that day for the first time in forever. It wasn't meant to be sexy...are the messages a confidence boost? Of course! They've never been overly creepy though & I've even added a couple of people that way who have turned out to be some of the funniest people I've met in a while. :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    YES!! LOL, for that reason, I don't typically add any men. I just rather not go there. I don't feel sexy when I'm counting calories, venting about my struggles, and sharing the joys of wanting to lose weight. Not all the guys are that way, but to avoid it, I just decline the male requests.

Is that how I get rid of them! I was like is it just me, why do i keep getting hit on ughhh
  • Monkey_Business
    Options
    Dear Lord, people can find anything to complain about. If someone smiles at you at the grocery store do you mace them because you're "not there to get hit on?"

You can meet someone anywhere.... MFP, Starbucks, Match.com, the gynecologist's office, and even the morgue.

Take it as a compliment or GTFO.

The gyno's office could be awkward...

Ya, that would be just Wierd ....... wait!
  • Monkey_Business
    Options
    Truth. I originally came in here to track my food and exercise. I was here for the reason this site was created, not for the site that it has become. At least in this particular forum.

I find most topics to be repetitive. Haven't seen anything new in a very long time. I flirt a little, get sarcastic a little, even met a few people I can relate to, but the main reason I am in here is because I am bored at work sometimes. I never log into MFP at home. Too many better things to do.

In all reality, when I retire, I will shut this profile down and get on with more productive things. Until then, I'll bet I can be just as shallow and redundant as the rest of you.

Ok, this is absolutely the truth.

I am on here now mostly for the entertain and kill the boredom factor at work.
    Besides there are some turely amazing folks on here. Both in what they have achieved, overcoming struggles in their lives and totally funny!