Wedding Ring Debate

Options

Replies

• sprog5
    Options
    I don't wear a wedding ring. Neither does my father, nor does my brother. My wife asked me if I wanted one when we got married and I declined. I am not a ring person so I would never have worn one. I am a little surprised to hear people talking about being hit on if you don't wear a wedding ring. That has never happend to me and even if it did, it takes two to create an issue. I have however, seen many men (with rings) hitting on women who have weddings rings.It all comes down to a matter of trust. The question essentially is "do you trust me or not, because if you don't, wearing a wedding ring isn't going to make a difference "
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Your wedding ring is a symbol of your marriage, not your weight loss. I can appreciate your side of the debate as well, but in this case I think your wife's wishes should be honoured. =)
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Dang boy! Get your ring back where it belongs! Of course it matters which finger it's on or we would just choose whichever we wanted at the ceremony.

I have had the same issues with my engagement, wedding and eternity ring but would never dream of wearing them anywhere else....they will be re-sized!

^100% agree. A wedding ring is a symbol - if you're going to wear it, do it right!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Are you still losing weight? Buy an inexpensive ring that looks like a wedding ring to wear on your ring finger until you finish losing the weight and continue to wear the real one on your middle finger. When you reach goal (or if you already have) have the wedding ring resized and moved to the ring finger, and find another ring you like to wear on your middle finger. Rinse and repeat for the claddaugh.
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    No, it doesn't matter. My husband wears his wedding band on his middle finger because he has a hard time getting it over his nuckle on his ring finger.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well seeing as my husband is on this third ring in three years and when he does own one he never wears it, I don’t see what the big deal is. Do I wish he’d wear it? Yes. Is it worth getting upset about? No. I’ll just keep buying him new ones as he lose them (gets the $10 version off of Amazon now).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    women only like men in tight Tshirts and shades and skinnyjeans.

There are women in the world who like men in skinny jeans???
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I agree... the only people that matter are you and your wife. If she keep bringing up the topic, then she obviously has a problem. I would just get the ring resized before the conversations aren't so nice and pleasant.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Happy wife, happy life...go get your rings sized.

Even being a guy .. I agree with her and the above is so true. She is right on this one. There is a significance to what finger you wear them on.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Get a tattoo that says "someone else's property"
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    to me, no, but if she feels that strongly, then yea, maybe.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    When I was losing my weight, I wore mine on middle finger, once it got to loose for my ring finger. Near my goal, it even got too loose on my middle finger so I didn't wear it for a while. Once I hit my goal, I had it re-sized from a 12 to an 8.5 and now wear it my ring finger again. If it's a plain gold band, it's pretty cheap to get them re-sized.
  • Atishi87
    Atishi87 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Haha so true!
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Going through the same predicament. My ring is starting to get loose and I am wondering if I should eventually resize it or wear it on a different finger. I would hate to resize my ring and then gain back some of the weight and have the ring be too tight.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    its weird that it matters so much to her and its weird that you wont do something so simple as resize the rings.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    if it matters to your wife, why does it not matter to you?

i dunno....the ring isn't the huge matter for me.

maybe because I come from a family full of uncles that worked in the electric/hydroelectric fields and as such wearing rings on the job (which was a 12 hour day) could kill them...

so why have a ring when it only went on for 3 hours of the day, after a while you never remember to put it on....

but never once have any of my uncles ever looked at another woman....that is one thing I know....they all loved and looked after their wives...and loved them fiercely....

so I guess what i'm saying from my angle is...

the ring is a symbol...the intent is in the brain...and the heart...

if the symbol is important to her...then why would you not do it?

but ultimately what is in your heart and mind is truly what matters most.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Haha so true!

Yeah but what about the old saying "happy husband, happy uhhh ... ummmm"

****. There's no old saying, is there?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if it matters to your wife, why does it not matter to you?

I don't care how much football matters to my spouse, it doesn't mean I'm ever going to give a *kitten*.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I won't say "wife is always right," but in matters of preference as opposed to something serious, just do what she says.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I would compromise. Wear the claud on where you prefer and have the wedding ring resized at goal weight and wear traditional