IS THIS RACIST?

Options
123457»

Replies

• TheBackStory
    Options
    So would it be racist if I walked into all brothers barbershop in a black neigborhood and said,
    " hey do any of YOU people know where broad and market is?"

See I fixed it, you are now racist...
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    57KO8.gif
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    wait so 4 should feel inferior to 5 right? but what if 6 feels like 4 because 7 8 9?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    yes, people hate white people too. but do you realize that no matter how much people hate white people it's still not racism. racism is about believing a race is superior to another and everyone knows white people always have the upper hand at least for now. so no matter how much minorities hate on white people, they are still the dominant race.

I say we should all just hug it out though

If I have a large percentage of Native American in me, am I really white? Or am I just white because the sun doesn't love me? I'm just trying to understand if I can comment on racism or not.
    Albino with slight pigmentation.

Blending in with the enemy... Those damn white people. Gosh they are so racist!
    5919_-_animated_gif_dean_winchester_monochrome_reaction_image_sam_winchester_supernatural.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    wait so 4 should feel inferior to 5 right? but what if 6 feels like 4 because 7 8 9?
    No need to bring cannibalism into this.
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I say no. It's true that we are all different. Just like how some ethnicities are more prone to diseases than others. Just the way it is. People are too politically correct...it gets the world nowhere.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    Options
    57KO8.gif

37380602.jpg
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    Options
    57KO8.gif

37380602.jpg

godwinsLaw.png
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

7 ate 9???!!!

tumblr_msnvoyvo9v1s9qf9ro1_500.gif
  • Beckscherie44
    Options
    I think too many people are still focusing on whether or not what I said was 'correct'. That isn't the point.

If I said, 'most Chinese people are born with black hair', we could argue all day about why I'm wrong or right.

The POINT is, it's NOT RACIST either way. So in me saying, I think some Asian women are slim because of their metabolism -
    Could be wrong, could be right.

True or false is irrelevant - I fail to see what is actually 'racist' about it.
    Disagreeing with the statement does not automatically make it racist.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, no it was not racist. But I do have a complaint about how the word 'Asian' is used in western countries especially in the US. By Asian they usually mean people of a mongoloid origin like chinese, japanese, south east asia.. but Asia is a vast continent so people from middle east and south asia are also asians.. like saudis, indians, bengalis, sri lankans.. and they many of them do not have a small frame and urban parts of these countries are battling with obesity as much as any other part of the world.. on the other hand Japan has lowest obesity rate mainly due to their diet and culture..

Yes, most people from the US refer to Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc as Asians. People from the Middle East we refer to as Middle Easterners.

This is really no different than most people referring to Americans, as those who live in the US, altho people in Canada, Mexico, and the countries in the Central and South America areas would technically be considered "Americans" since we all live in the Continents of the Americas.
    I have yet to hear a Canadian or Brazilian complain that no one calls them Americans.
  • cpsqueen87
    cpsqueen87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don’t believe you are being racist. Everything seems to be politically correct these days. Grow some skin people! I mean, I am Hispanic and have heard people say things to me like “You must like tacos because you’re a beaner.” It was said in a humorous way but you know what- I actually do love tacos! How can I be mad at something that is true! Ha!
This discussion has been closed.