Big stomach to visible abs photos, please

Options

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Applause to all of you who posted pics. Anyone care to share exactly what is the routine to get those great results?

I use a very simple routine. Consistent effort, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year.

When I have a workout planned, I do it. I stick to my calorie and protein goals every single day. I only skip logging when on vacation.

I strength train, walk, run, and do yoga.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had/have a big stomach, I lost about 7 inches on my waist but I would like to eventually see some type of definition. I went from 47 in to 40.5 in waist. Still a ways to go.

If you had a big stomach and now you can see your abs, will you please post your before and after pics for some inspiration.

Please :flowerforyou:

Wow. I went from 46" to 40" waist in 3.5 months. Still a ways to go myself. Just bought a new belt two months ago and now its time for a new one. Keep up the good work.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    picisto-20130506121235-561037.jpg
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    MFPprog_zps0138e1f2.jpg

I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD POST ON HERE! You are my favorite ab transformation!!!! Love it!!!! WAY TO GO! Plus, like I said before.....it takes TIME!!!
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Whilst not as impressive as alot of others, last 14 months of recomp for me:

Before:
    3z5e.jpg
    Current:
    h4qb.jpg

Don't down play your hard work by saying it isn't as impressive!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a HUGE stomach before but I've gone from 32 to 25 inch.

e57tnlwl.jpg

Lz4YZmRl.jpg?1
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options

e57tnlwl.jpg

Lz4YZmRl.jpg?1

wow u look great! what have you done in terms of exercises?
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bump.gif
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options

e57tnlwl.jpg

Lz4YZmRl.jpg?1

wow u look great! what have you done in terms of exercises?

What has been most successful for me is when I started spinning and doing other interval style cardio as well as LIFTING. I think it's hard to get any muscle definition if you only do cardio. I was kind of skinny fat before I started lifting even though I was running 4-6 miles a day.
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm not comfortable to show my picture as of yet. Maybe someday. Everyone really looks great and its so inspiring! And your faces just stay it all. Before= sad and less confident After = confident and HAPPY! That's how I want to feel, how you look.
  • danagolding
    Options
    picisto-20130506121235-561037.jpg

This is amazing!! Please tell me kymkan how you did this in just 3 short months!! I have been lifting for over 6 months and have made very small changes. :sad:
  • kymkan
    Options
    This is amazing!! Please tell me kymkan how you did this in just 3 short months!! I have been lifting for over 6 months and have made very small changes. :sad:
    [/quote]

Thank you. I did Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I do think that my high protein intake had a lot to do with it, but something worked!! :)
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

e57tnlwl.jpg

Lz4YZmRl.jpg?1

u look super awesome!
  • danagolding
    Options

Thank you. I did Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I do think that my high protein intake had a lot to do with it, but something worked!! :)
    [/quote]

Aha! I kind of ignored the high protein thing even though I had heard time and time again that I should. :ohwell: I thought it was too hard. I am happy to report that I have just recently been making sure that I hit my macros... including my protein and its actually not too hard! It only been a few weeks but I'm feeling optimistic and desperately hoping that this is the missing key to me lowing my body fat %!
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Here is my results since christmas - Left is December 2013, Right is Feb 2014 in the same outfit for a reference:

Weight loss 194 lbs now 172lbs - goal 160!

wl2.png

028.jpg

002.jpg

Damn myfitnesspal doesnt scale in size very well!
  • kymkan
    Options

Aha! I kind of ignored the high protein thing even though I had heard time and time again that I should. :ohwell: I thought it was too hard. I am happy to report that I have just recently been making sure that I hit my macros... including my protein and its actually not too hard! It only been a few weeks but I'm feeling optimistic and desperately hoping that this is the missing key to me lowing my body fat %!
    [/quote]

GREAT JOB on hitting your macros! I hope this makes a difference for you.
  • FitMommy_91
    FitMommy_91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow awsome transformation
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

It's a bit of a mind trip, since the one pic is you in the mirror. It's like "but the tattoos are on the wrong limbs..."

but great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!