Cabbage Soup Diet. What your experience? Thoughts?

Options

Replies

• nagdha
    nagdha Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine lasted for only 3 hours. Annoyingly tough to follow
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    step 1: join calorie counting website
    step 2: forget all about calorie counting and ask people for opinions on fad/gimmick diets
    step 3: disregard mountains of opinions/advice against and embark upon fad/gimmick diet

seems legit.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    In other words, you want others to tell you what you want to hear? Sorry, not going to happen. This is a stupid idea and will only result in you re-gaining what weight you lose once you stop the diet. Diets don't work.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am aware that I should feel like crap being on this diet

so why on earth would you do it?!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I tried it about 10 years ago, it was a complete waste of time.
    I farted like you wouldn't believe! I lost weight but then put it all back on.

Just eat sensibly and exercise, it's not difficult, honestly.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do :flowerforyou:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    6ish monthes ago, i was eating low calorie diet. (1300 calories) and worked out hard every single day for 2 monthes. i lost 5 pounds that whole time. I saw no improvements in my body.

But if you had stuck with it, that would have been 15-30lbs and certain body improvements.
    Consistency is the key. Not cabbage soup.

Edit: spell checker was screwy
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well if anyone has a good affordable diet plan then im open to suggestions. im 5'6 and i fluctuate between 155-160lbs daily lol. My goal is 130, and I want to get there in a few months.

"I want to get there in a few months" is another thing that's tripping you up. You are looking at this all wrong. I'm not sure you even understand what healthy maintainable weight loss is. It takes time, 1lbs a week, so 30ish pounds, approximately 30 weeks (7.5 months). This isn't a race, it's establishing good eating habits and work out habits. Not starving yourself and hitting the gym for 2 hours everyday doing cardio for 2-3 weeks until you burn out and binge.

Figure out your TDEE & BMR (mentioned in several posts with links to both throughout), eat that amount everyday (NET), workout 3-4 days week and WAIT. It's a long process, but progress is progress.

Cabbage soup is not the answer.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Never tried the cabbage soup "diet", but I love cabbage soup. I make a big pot of it about once a month and have a lot of lunches from it. That said, there's no way I could stick to that diet. It's much too restrictive. You will definitely lose weight, but it'll come back. Good luck
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage and that soup with a little meat is great. However, without the meat, this is unsustainable. If you want to do it for a day or two you'll probably be successful, but probably not longer than that.

Moderation in all things is the key in my opinion.

Good luck
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't really see the point of it.

Cabbage soup is tasty, but you will get bored of it.

I think I tried it once and didn't even last the first day because I was shaky from being hungry all day and it was too much trouble to constantly heat up soup (and no way would it work at work)
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have tried every diet you can put down on paper. Nothing worked for me until I found Intermittent Fasting. You just have to find what works for your body.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    My answer...

IXvevVd.gif

Don't want peoples honest opinions, don't post on public forums.

Some links for a sustainable and healthy method to lose weight...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069278-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Really???? In this day and age of information?

No... Just no honey!

How about you go buy one of Jamie Easons eat clean books, or FREELY look up bodyforlife.com or hussmanfitness.org which all will provide you with some principles to start eating by and then find ways to educate yourself further...cabbage soup diet??? Does that even SOUND like a proper strategy???
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It's vile. I can't say I lost any weight, and by day 3 you'll be wasting a great big pot of it because you'll never even want to smell it ever again.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You will fart your brains out and no one will want to kiss you lol
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well if anyone has a good affordable diet plan then im open to suggestions. im 5'6 and i fluctuate between 155-160lbs daily lol. My goal is 130, and I want to get there in a few months.

Burn more calories than you consume in order to create a deficit. Bam!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

"I want to get there in a few months" is another thing that's tripping you up. You are looking at this all wrong. I'm not sure you even understand what healthy maintainable weight loss is. It takes time, 1lbs a week, so 30ish pounds, approximately 30 weeks (7.5 months). This isn't a race, it's establishing good eating habits and work out habits. Not starving yourself and hitting the gym for 2 hours everyday doing cardio for 2-3 weeks until you burn out and binge.

Figure out your TDEE & BMR (mentioned in several posts with links to both throughout), eat that amount everyday (NET), workout 3-4 days week and WAIT. It's a long process, but progress is progress.

Cabbage soup is not the answer.
    Exactly what I was going to say. With the relatively small amount you have to lose, trying to get there in a few months is way too fast and unhealthy. As someone else mentioned, it leads to extreme dieting which doesn't work in the long run and just harms your body.

I'd suggest figuring out your TDEE & BMR and going with TDEE -10% (a lot of people stick to TDEE -20%, but you don't have enough to lose for that to be a healthy, sustainable plan). Then once you've lost 10-15lbs, recalculate and change to TDEE -5%. The good thing about that method is that if you stick with it for a few weeks and it doesn't work, you can adjust accordingly, but make sure you try to follow it strictly for a few weeks before determining if it's not working. Sometimes it takes a little time/work to get your body up to speed with what you're doing.
    Use this to help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

And start giving yourself credit! When you were watching calories and exercising, you did lose weight so be proud of that! All those lame clichés really are true here: It's a marathon not a sprint. Rome wasn't built in a day. It didn't take a couple months to put it on, it won't take a couple months to get it off. blah blah blah. :flowerforyou:
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I like cabbage soup along with many other soups but would not want to eat it every day for even a couple of days never mind a full week. As many others have said its not a great idea to follow such a restrictive and low cal plan & you are unlikely to benefit from it either long term or short term, you will feel like **** while you do it and afterwards you will probably just gain any loss straight back when you start to eat normal foods again....buty I guess you are going to do it anyway so good luck with that..
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    There will be farts, and lots of them.
  • JaymeJaime
    JaymeJaime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's a great way to trigger yourself to gain even more weight. Trust me.