Cabbage Soup Diet. What your experience? Thoughts?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Tomarrow Im starting the cabbage soup diet. Im wondering what others experiences are with this diet. No bashing please

Oh, let me tell you what I think about this diet...
    No bashing please

Uh...

...hmmm.

Okay then...

...I think it is a Very Bad Idea™.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    There will be farts, and lots of them.

I don't know what kind of digestive issues the people who keep saying this have, however, not everyone has this problem with cabbage.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    No bashing please

*leaves thread quietly*
  • jlzangaro
    jlzangaro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup yuck lol I use herbalife I've lost 80lbs and feel awesome feed the body all the nutrition it needs and you get amazing results.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    The soup recipe is yummy and healthy and I would eat that just because I might want a bowl of soup.
    The diet, meh , I tried that 20 yrs ago and it will make you thirsty and constipated lol.. Enjoy!
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have done the cabbage soup diet before, for only 2 weeks (got so fed up of seeing it!!) and only lost 8-10lb, which was quickly gained back when I did start eating again. So for a short term loss - yes! Long term loss - no! You can lose 8lb by yourself in 3 weeks if you ate regularly and healthily alongside with exercise.

I will never do a fad diet again, I even tried the maple syrup diet and that was also a fail. The secret to losing weight - eat in moderation, exercise daily!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I promise you'll feel so much better eating regular food in moderation.

Plus you wont have all that bloating and gas that comes with overloading on cabbage. Now if you want a colon cleanse...Cabbage Soup is the way!
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I was just thinking about some cabbage soup today.Yum.

But regarding using it as a "diet," well, that's just nonsense. You won't be getting all the vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients you need so you will probably feel sluggish and weak. But, it's your right to do it.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    No....just no... Not worth it. I love cabbage but don't let that be all you consume. Not healthy.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm not positive what all the cabbage soup diet is about but this is what I have done recently. I am on the 5:2 diet and on my fasting days I find cabbage soup to be a great meal - I like it, it's easy to make and it's filling. But again I only eat it 2 days a week and I eat other foods those days. My sister-in-law did a sugar fast along with the cabbage soup diet. She did it for a body clense and changed her lifestyle completely - so I'm sure it works while you are on it but once you go back to normal I doubt you will have much luck.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

What food on the cabbage soup diet is not 'regular food'?
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    So funny you should bring this up. I was at the credit union yesterday and it smelled like cabbage soup in their and the smell made me sick to my stomach. Twenty years ago I tried this diet and the first 3 bowls tasted great reminded me of Shoney's soup. After the 3 bowls however I couldn't stand the smell of it and would go a long time in between bowls of soup, so I was eating a lot less calories and starving hungry. Wound up throwing most of that nasty soup out!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's super yummy. Thinking about making a big pot of it soon actually.
    You will most likely lose 5-10 lbs in a week. A great jumpstart to weightloss in my opinion.
    I would NOT exercise while doing this. I made that mistake and felt like I was going to pass out and was really shaky.
    Good luck! Theres a group on fb too if u havent checked that out already. https://www.facebook.com/cabbagesoupdiet

lady-gaga-stop1.gif
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Am I correct in thinking that the cabbage soup diet is a diet consisting only of the soup as your caloric intake for a set period? Or is the soup in addition to other foods?
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have to try it yourself to find out that it isn't effective or for the long term. So, go ahead!

OR

You could eat healthily, with lean proteins and fresh vegetables and start an exercise program that you love today and save yourself a week of eating only soup and lacking energy.

Good luck, whichever you choose to do!
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The cabbage soup diet was originally intended for people who needed to quickly lose weight prior to a surgical procedure.

If you're not doing this under the recommendation of a doctor, I suggest you don't.

I did this years ago and frankly, it's just miserable.
  • shannaslife
    shannaslife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost 7lbs on the diet. It takes commitment I tell you that much. Will I ever do it again, Yes. Good Luck.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Am I correct in thinking that the cabbage soup diet is a diet consisting only of the soup as your caloric intake for a set period? Or is the soup in addition to other foods?

It's soup plus other foods, but only certain foods on certain days. It has a lot of 'eat all you want' of certain food groups on certain days. It's low calorie and low fat and lasts only 7 days. It's not particularly unhealthy for a short term diet, but whether it leads to permanent weight loss is, of course, totally going to depend on what one does after those 7 days.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

What food on the cabbage soup diet is not 'regular food'?

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

ETA: we know that this "diet" is not JUST the dumb soup. we understand that there's a gradual ramping up of food. i think whats being referred to here is the restrictive nature of the diet, among other things.