Holy eff...

Options
124»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Well CM...like I said before. Your weight will stay the same, it's in the mirror you will see the difference over a period of time not the scale.

No. Just No.
    Well, at least you have that cute kitty face to look at in the mirror in consolation. ;-)

IT'S A RION!!!!!!

cat-mirror-lion.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are right...calories in calories out. If you eat all of your carbs and Sugars and still keep things under your BMR you will not gain weight. Your weight will stay the same!

You will just lose more muscle and develop more fat. So I stand corrected, eat what ever you want before bed if how you look isn't something that matters to you, and all you care about is the scale.

This is just not true.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well CM...like I said before. Your weight will stay the same, it's in the mirror you will see the difference over a period of time not the scale.

No. Just No.
    Well, at least you have that cute kitty face to look at in the mirror in consolation. ;-)

IT'S A RION!!!!!!

cat-mirror-lion.jpg

Ha!

Whatever it is, I want it to come live with me in my house.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Man, Lift like a boss. Your right about the Deficit. Something I said in one of my posts is "excess"

you misspelled that last word. it's "nonsense"
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut out everything or anything really. Just have to keep Track of how much you have. If you love Mc donnalds #6 10 piece chicken nuggents with large fry and a coke thats fine. That meal is around 1300 calories. So if you BMR is 1900 have at it. You just will be pretty hungry all day since you aren't going to eat much

OMG - but what if you eat that right before bed? What is going to happen??????????????????

Obviously this:

tumblr_me71wow5221qcga5ro1_500.gif
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat what ever you want, moderation. Your body won't much care although white "breads" will turn into sugar and then fat but if you workout and eat clean most of the time. To eat clean you do need some carbs, fruits, veggies and protein (wether you get it from meats or otherwise). All other methods will be good for short term, won't give you lasting results, and could hinder your health long term. Plus with other crash diets, you don't necessarly lose fat, you end up losing muscle too and when you regain as most people usually do it's then fat that you gain leaving you further from a healthy goal than you were before.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to read through all the posts so forgive me if this is repeated: Try not thinking of it as a diet, more of a life journey to becoming a new and healthier you! Slowly alter things in your life that you know you can achieve and keep pushing forward to where you want to be. Drastic changes is a recipe for disaster for most people. Just don't give up. You don't need a fancy diet to achieve your goals.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can't believe everything you "read" out there. It will drive you nuts!

I believe that all things are allowed but not all things are beneficial. This is why MFP is such a great place to track your calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Eat what ever you want, moderation. Your body won't much care although white "breads" will turn into sugar and then fat but if you workout and eat clean most of the time. To eat clean you do need some carbs, fruits, veggies and protein (wether you get it from meats or otherwise). All other methods will be good for short term, won't give you lasting results, and could hinder your health long term. Plus with other crash diets, you don't necessarly lose fat, you end up losing muscle too and when you regain as most people usually do it's then fat that you gain leaving you further from a healthy goal than you were before.

White breads and grains in general are high carbohydrate foods.

White bread has little to no fiber or protein, so you are better off with a whole grain/whole wheat choice for satiety and additional nutrients - but the "turns to sugar" thing...pretty much true for all food. It "becomes" body fat if you eat too many calories.

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    although white "breads" will turn into sugar and then fat

So will chicken breasts and spinach if you eat too much.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Everyone body and metabolism is different for sure. As long as your burn it that's fine, but if you go over it will convert to something. You didn't address that issue, you just said "no, just no"

Care to elaborate to the rest of us

Pretty much everyone's basal resting metabolism is the SAME. It is all based on lean body mass, unless you have a medical condition such as hypothyroid.

Eating before bed, as long as you don't go over your daily calorie goal, will have no effect on how your body utilizes those calories. Your metabolism does not sleep. If glycogen stores were depleted during the day (which they should be if you are in a calorie deficit) it will busily replenish them with those carbs. And glycogen stores are not fat (just for reference).
  • MichMunchkin
    MichMunchkin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut out everything or anything really. Just have to keep Track of how much you have. If you love Mc donnalds #6 10 piece chicken nuggents with large fry and a coke thats fine. That meal is around 1300 calories. So if you BMR is 1900 have at it. You just will be pretty hungry all day since you aren't going to eat much

OMG - but what if you eat that right before bed? What is going to happen??????????????????

You'll grow horns. And a tail. And then you'll explode.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't suggest cutting out a food group unless you have a special restriction, like food allergies or if you're a vegetarian or something. You need carbs! They are your energy source. The trick is finding the good carbs and separating them from the bad ones. And fruit is fine, just don't make it all your food for one day, haha.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I prefer low carb because it makes me feeeeeel better AND I get to eat a bigger quantity of food that fills me up (veggies and apples are magic)... So it's not necessarily that carbs are bad but I can easily live that lifestyle. I have free days which just means I eat what I want as long as it's in my calorie budget... I find that I am usually more hungry those days and weigh whether that's worth it... And have no problem going back to low carb lol
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want.....just keep a calorie deficit easy as that...
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I agree with most that have replied. It's calories in vs calories out. You need to eat enough calories that your body doesn't think you're starving it. For me that's around 100 calories more than the recommended that MFP gives me, otherwise my weight loss slows down more than the slow rate it's going at. Yes, I keep an eye on my fat, sodium and sugars (I don't pay too much attention to the carbs) but that's what works for me. I personally am trying to stay away from processed sugars, and if I go over the daily recommended fat guidelines, then I try to make it a good fat (like nuts) rather than a bad fat (like fast food). I'm losing and I'll be the first to admit, I go to McDonald's (and I don't get salad). I also try to make sure I have a good workout on the days that I breakdown and have fast food. It's mostly a process of finding out which of the guidelines work for you and then follow those. I track everything (or at least try to) and that's helping make me aware of what I'm putting into my body as well as what I'm burning off.