Tatoos on females

Replies

• Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    I love them! Chest tats, arm tats, ankle tats. I know a lot of guys disagree but I think they are hot as heck. I enjoy websites dedicated to female tats

Can you say fetish!? LOL

Everything in moderation, if you have so many that its a distraction from the way you truly look its too much. Tasteful well done ones can be attractive but I have seen a lot that are not attractive or tasteful.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    I have 4 tattoos. All of my tattoos were strategically placed with regard to my profession. I am a staff accountant that dresses professionally every day. That means many people put their taxes and even come to me for financial advice on a daily basis. Who knows, I could even be YOUR accountant. The placement of my tattoos does not mean that I am ashamed of them. It just means that I know how small minded some people can be when it comes to tattoos and my clients are what provides a good life for my family.

Tattoos don't make the person, it's actually the other way around. For some of us, it's a way to put a marker on that chapter of our lives. So for those that judge based upon what is on my skin, they are not any better than those that judge based upon the color of my skin. I am a highly educated, young, minority woman with tattoos.

I pay my taxes, I take care of my children, I coach a softball and basketball team and I am a wife and daughter. I am no different than any other responsible and respectable woman/mother. I find it very sad that a person's idea of who I am as a person is strictly defined by the tattoos that they CANNOT see.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

This. Why try to cover up a masterpiece??
    im not a big fan of my original goods. plus i really like the feeling.
    and now ive got so many theres not good reason to not get any others I may want.

"whats the difference between people who do and dont have tattoos?"
    People with tattoos DONT care if you dont have them.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    I have 4 tattoos. All of my tattoos were strategically placed with regard to my profession. I am a staff accountant that dresses professionally every day. That means many people put their taxes and even come to me for financial advice on a daily basis. Who knows, I could even be YOUR accountant. The placement of my tattoos does not mean that I am ashamed of them. It just means that I know how small minded some people can be when it comes to tattoos and my clients are what provides a good life for my family.

Tattoos don't make the person, it's actually the other way around. For some of us, it's a way to put a marker on that chapter of our lives. So for those that judge based upon what is on my skin, they are not any better than those that judge based upon the color of my skin. I am a highly educated, young, minority woman with tattoos.

I pay my taxes, I take care of my children, I coach a softball and basketball team and I am a wife and daughter. I am no different than any other responsible and respectable woman/mother. I find it very sad that a person's idea of who I am as a person is strictly defined by the tattoos that they CANNOT see.

^^^^^THIS -well said Semper :)
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member

Same here! Educated, (bookkeeper/office manager), mother, daughter, wife, Sunday School teacher to 5th grade girls, Upward Faith Sports Cheer Coach. My tattoos are coverable as well. As far as those who don't like them, I totally respect that, but don't understand the need for bashing someone who does. My tatt pics are on my profile for those who like them!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have a pretty sizeable one on my shoulder. I would like to eventually get one on my shoulder or arm but that's the one place where my fiance says no :grumble: He likes them elsewhere, just not there.

Some of his family are super anti tattoo and won't know I have one til I walk down the aisle in my strapless gown lol. My family knows about it and I'll probably hear about how I should cover it up for my WEDDING. If anything I want more before we get hitched haha.

I got my wedding dress specifically to show off my tattoos. It was MY wedding after all. :)

My wedding was the first time my parents saw mine.

RJwed_268_dance.jpg
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    I have 3

Left shoulder - sun and moon
    Right ankle I have a tribal with sun
    Back- vines and flowers
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    I have a pretty sizeable one on my shoulder. I would like to eventually get one on my shoulder or arm but that's the one place where my fiance says no :grumble: He likes them elsewhere, just not there.

Some of his family are super anti tattoo and won't know I have one til I walk down the aisle in my strapless gown lol. My family knows about it and I'll probably hear about how I should cover it up for my WEDDING. If anything I want more before we get hitched haha.

I got my wedding dress specifically to show off my tattoos. It was MY wedding after all. :)

Yep! I couldn't imagine covering it up. It's a part of me and if someone else's schema of what a bride should look like doesn't fit that in, oh well.

I don't think fad is quite the right word, though I do see your point. I think acceptance and awareness is more like it. A fad dies out and I don't think tattoos will- I think they will only get more common. Everybody knows of someone with a tattoo that is often a parent or otherwise respected figure. The taboo is gone. Shows like LA Ink show some really quality ink and a lot of reasons why people may get them.

There are far more openly gay people than in the past. Does that mean being gay is a fad? No, it means people feel more accepted and free to be honest about who they are without fear of repercussions. Acceptance.

Autism diagnosis is also very much on the rise. While it's possible that it actually is on the increase, most people agree that a big part of that is simply the fact that parents, doctors, teachers, etc are more aware of it and know what signs to look for. It's not that Autism did not exist before; it just didn't have a name. Awareness.

That may seem like a big stretch but the point is that, for the most part, people are more accepting. They don't assume you're a degenerate because you have one. They are also more aware- more exposed to tattoos, more aware of great artists out there and more likely then to get one themselves. The increase in tattoos are due to more factors than just being trendy.

It is gaining popularity, you're right about that, but I don't think I'd call it a fad as that popularity isn't going to decline anytime soon.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Not for me, but hey if it makes you happy who am I to say you shouldn't have one (or more). I do find it funny when I see an older out of shape or very large women with tats, they don't really look all that good at that point. The ones I have seen that I think look really good are usually on very toned tight skin :) both male and female. JMO
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Not a huge fan, but I think some look really cool.

This. Not my cup of tea, but my sisters and some of my close friends all have multiple tattoos which they all look awesome. I do have one picked out if I ever changed my mind, but my husband tells me every time, "a tattoo is grounds for "walking papers." ("Walking papers" meaning divorce). He thinks they are trashy.
    Would he really leave you over a tattoo? :huh:
    If so.. that's crazy. My boyfriend (of 6 years) hates facial piercings, but also understands it is MY body and not his. Whenever I get something new he just ignores it. It should be the same with tattoos.
    Being aesthetically pleasing to your partner is important and all.. but I'm not property.
  • I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

Perfect example; Left= hot, Right = disgusting.
    katvondtattooconcealer.jpg

I'm quite sure if Kat Von D saw your post she would slap the *kitten* out of you! She is a very beautiful, tatted woman!

Each one of mine have a special meaning to me! Only area of my body off limits to tats are my
    boobs and face. At 90, I am sure they will give me the same pleasure as they do now, whether wrinkly or not.
    Too many narrow minded posts, if you don't like tats then stfu and don't get one, so simple!

Trashy & Proud!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Not for me, but hey if it makes you happy who am I to say you shouldn't have one (or more). I do find it funny when I see an older out of shape or very large women with tats, they don't really look all that good at that point. The ones I have seen that I think look really good are usually on very toned tight skin :) both male and female. JMO

But those people wouldn't look very good without tattoos either.

It's like clothes. Models are picked for being attractive, because the nicest looking clothes in the world aren't going to look that good on someone that's unattractive. It's a lot easier to sell clothes if they're on someone that would also look good in a burlap sack.
  • salladeve

But those people wouldn't look very good without tattoos either.

It's like clothes. Models are picked for being attractive, because the nicest looking clothes in the world aren't going to look that good on someone that's unattractive. It's a lot easier to sell clothes if they're on someone that would also look good in a burlap sack.

Right you are :) and I'm sure when I'm 90 I'll have plenty of other things to worry about then marks I put on my body.
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    ~cough cough~ ART ~cough~ Marks are scars or stretch marks, a tattoo is art. =]
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    I have a rose on my right ankle.
  • salladeve
    ~cough cough~ ART ~cough~ Marks are scars or stretch marks, a tattoo is art. =]

ha ha, the question is will I be able to tell the difference at that point?
  • Liss_Bee
    I think someone did prove that I will in this thread? I see my stretch marks from having my children and don't think bad of them. That was part of me being pregnant and I have two amazing children because of those. When I get my tattoos they will remind me of the journey I was on to lose the weight I needed to. Don't see anything wrong with "marks" as you referred to. =]
  • salladeve
    I think someone did prove that I will in this thread? I see my stretch marks from having my children and don't think bad of them. That was part of me being pregnant and I have two amazing children because of those. When I get my tattoos they will remind me of the journey I was on to lose the weight I needed to. Don't see anything wrong with "marks" as you referred to. =]

No you misunderstand me, or I didn't explain myself very well, I don't actually see anything wrong with either of these things. I am very involved with elderly people with dementia, therefore most of my point of reference for the elderly come from this. I literally meant would I be able to tell the difference at that point.
  • Liss_Bee
    The fact that you have to justify your statement is asinine. If I said, my grandmother has suffered from dementia for 13 years and doesn't remember me or any tattoos that I may or may not get would that make you happy? Stop judging others, plain and simple.
  • salladeve
    The fact that you have to justify your statement is asinine. If I said, my grandmother has suffered from dementia for 13 years and doesn't remember me or any tattoos that I may or may not get would that make you happy? Stop judging others, plain and simple.

Wow, angry a little. You have no idea what judging is if you took my post that way. If acting like a ***** makes you happy go ahead run along and play. I don't have time for your insecurities.