Posting your relationship on facebook

Options

Replies

• KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Oh and if a guy is really into you and is proud to be dating you, why wouldn't they want the world to know?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Whil I read that you checked the box yes, are you sure he has? 2 weeks is not a relationship.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    He's not serious about it if he doesn't want everyone to know about you. Pretty straightforward.

This is exactly what I was thinking. When a guy is into a girl, like, really into her, he wants the whole wide world to know she's HIS.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    You can call me immature, crazy, stupid, whatever...I am 37 yrs old and it was actually really important to me when I started dating my now-husband (at age 35!) for us to go facebook public. We even had a little conversation about both of us going public and of course we laughed, but I don't see what is so wrong about it.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is a noob.
    Everyone knows you need 2 facebook pages. One you SO knows about, and one they don't. I would stick with him, on the account that he's bad at cheating. That will work in your favor.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Wow! There must be alot of OLD people on MFP. For me, if you are in a monogamous relationship and you are on FB, then both sides should automatically change their status to "in a relationship". It's not a big deal.....and it's not airing your personal life or whatever the haters are saying. If someone doesn't post that they are in a relationship, I would think something is up. Like they don't really like you as much as you think or they don't think you have a monagamous relationship or they are embarassed of you.
    HA HA HA

NO
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Wow! There must be alot of OLD people on MFP. For me, if you are in a monogamous relationship and you are on FB, then both sides should automatically change their status to "in a relationship". It's not a big deal.....and it's not airing your personal life or whatever the haters are saying. If someone doesn't post that they are in a relationship, I would think something is up. Like they don't really like you as much as you think or they don't think you have a monagamous relationship or they are embarassed of you.

I used to think this way.

I guarantee that if you ever go through a nasty breakup that falls out publicly on Facebook you will think differently. There's absolutely nothing worse, and more heartbreaking, than being dumped online for everyone to see before you've even collected yourself after the offline breakup. Waking up to messages and phone calls from people before you've even shared what happened with your friends and family is awful.

I will never make my relationship public on Facebook again.

I don't declare that I'm single either. It's no one's business.

And I am currently in a relationship with a great guy and I am in no way ashamed of him or being shady.
  • Rothwilder
    Rothwilder Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Some of us are old enough to realize that Facebook is useless and completely invasive now. Mostly people use it as an excuse to stalk people they don't even care enough to keep in touch with anymore.

It certainly doesn't have any bearing on a relationship, even though its initial design was to hook people up. If someone wants to cheat on you, they can do it even if their status is "in a relationship". Social media is a poor substitute for trust.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    24 :)
    He also said he would give me his facebook pass to make sure he's not cheating on me or anything. That wasn't the point in any case. It was just if he's serious about me, why hide it?

Maybe he doesn't want his wife to know...
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Facebook is the only place I'm NOT married!! :) Yay for facebook and the "do not show relationship status" thingy. :drinker:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Why don't you guys call it even and put "It's Complicated"?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    24 :)
    He also said he would give me his facebook pass to make sure he's not cheating on me or anything. That wasn't the point in any case. It was just if he's serious about me, why hide it?

if he offered to give the pass youre fine. let it go
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Being on FB is not cool. It is becoming another electronic trailer park. IMHO, of course. :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I turned this option off on my Facebook. Going through a breakups is bad enough without having to publicize it to friends and family.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's waiting for "in a relationship with bacon" to be an option. Maybe change your name to bacon.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I used to think this way.

I guarantee that if you ever go through a nasty breakup that falls out publicly on Facebook you will think differently. There's absolutely nothing worse, and more heartbreaking, than being dumped online for everyone to see before you've even collected yourself after the offline breakup. Waking up to messages and phone calls from people before you've even shared what happened with your friends and family is awful.

I will never make my relationship public on Facebook again.

I don't declare that I'm single either. It's no one's business.

And I am currently in a relationship with a great guy and I am in no way ashamed of him or being shady.

THIS.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    its not legit unless its Facebook official!!!

I can imagine the sex conversation.

Guy: "babe, let's have sex tonight. "

Girl: "how do I know you're not just using me?"

Guy: "well, according to Facebook, we are in a relationship."

:laugh:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Facebook is stupid for this very reason.

yesssss..
    And many other reasons...Like snapshots of your dinner....
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    if the guy did not have a Fb account what would you have him do then, tattoo "in a relationship" on his forehead?