McDonald's discontinuing Ceasar Salad

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Salads are rarely the best options calorie wise. I wish more people knew not to fall into the salad trap. Eat one if you love it, but not because you think you are making the better choice.

If you get the Southwest salad with grilled chicken, it's 300 calories. The southwest dressing is another 100.

You can ask for an extra piece of chicken, so more protein. I've never used an entire packet of dressing, either.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Curse your logic....

NICE ONE!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    interesting so maybe we can assume less people are buying salads? Aren't they also getting rid of some other of their "healthy" options? McDonald trends are always interesting like when their profits went through the roof during the recession.

Seeing that you come from MN do you think it might just be a seasonal thing? It's getting colder now, so less people are buying cold items?
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On the rare occasion I choose a salad, I want it to be somewhat different, and I want to feel like I'm not being royally ripped off. Ceasar Salad doesn't meet those criteria for me. I always have lettuce, a bottle of Ceasar dressing, and chicken in my fridge.
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I always get the Southwest Salad...think its pretty good for 390 calories. Worth the calories!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Because Wendy's Apple Pecan Salad is way better.

I mean, really? Ceasar? Really?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Oh yeah, Wendy's has some kickass salads!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Probably because as relatively unhealthy as a Ceasar salad is (referring to the cheese, croutons & Ceasar dressing), it was one of the "healthiest" choices on the menu. And, let's face it, who goes to McDonald's for anything other than grease laden beef cakes? :huh:

Look at my diary. I eat the hell out of McDonalds Bacon Ranch salads. They have a great macro breakdown too.
  • wheird
    Options

Their Berry Almond Chicken Salad > Apple Pecan
  • Yazbit
    Options
    McDonalds salads were rubbish - try making your own, it's not that difficult and tastes much better - honestly!!
  • wheird
    Options
    McDonalds salads were rubbish - try making your own, it's not that difficult and tastes much better - honestly!!

Thank you, I have never considered making my own food before.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I bet they are bring it back in between the Mcrib and the shamrock shake
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Ty Ive never considered using the word rubbish until now... I cant wait to use it so I can sound like a complete.... well you know
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The McD's salads are actually good, and with the grilled chicken have a lot of protein for practically no calories. I've eaten many a salad, by itself, for lunch. Too bad they're getting rid of the Caesar, since that was my favorite.
  • wheird
    Options
    The McD's salads are actually good, and with the grilled chicken have a lot of protein for practically no calories. I've eaten many a salad, by itself, for lunch. Too bad they're getting rid of the Caesar, since that was my favorite.

Yup, I get a bacon ranch salad with balsamic dressing and an extra chicken patty for under 400 calories and 50g of protein. It is pretty damn sweet.

You can also buy the chicken patties a la carte for 90 calories, 1 carb, 1 fat, and 20 protein for like 2 bucks.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Hrmm... I'll have to try that one but if I'm disappointed I'll have to hunt you down.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Salads are rarely the best options calorie wise. I wish more people knew not to fall into the salad trap. Eat one if you love it, but not because you think you are making the better choice.

If you get the Southwest salad with grilled chicken, it's 300 calories. The southwest dressing is another 100.

That's my favorite of their salads. I never need to use the dressing though. Whatever the lime glaze on the chicken is tends to be enough for me. Now the one near work has a Southwest premium wrap too. It's yummy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Hrmm... I'll have to try that one but if I'm disappointed I'll have to hunt you down.

I can vouch for that! It's gooooood!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    IMO, Going to a fast food restaurant with "healthy food choices" in mind is like going to a hooker looking for a future wife. It's one of those things you should limit to moderation, and when you do, it frankly doesn't matter how much and of what is in it.