McDonald's discontinuing Ceasar Salad

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Because Wendy's Apple Pecan Salad is way better.

I mean, really? Ceasar? Really?

Their Berry Almond Chicken Salad > Apple Pecan

Hrmm... I'll have to try that one but if I'm disappointed I'll have to hunt you down.

All of those < Wendy's Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The brain in my pointy little head knows this....if we go to McDonalds, we're having fries.

So I just don't go.

How to rationalize:

1. The salads are TOO expensive.
    2. The salads are TOO many calories.
    3. The salads taste better with fries.
    4. Fries are BAD BAD BAD

Between me and the McD is a grocery store...so I can manage to pull in there and buy a bag of some kind of raw ready to eat veggie and munch on that while driving the other way. Nothing against McD...they did not make me fat...but I just can not run the risk of eating in there...it's like 2500 calories to just smell the place.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Hrmm... I'll have to try that one but if I'm disappointed I'll have to hunt you down.

All of those < Wendy's Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad

what she said! bombbbb
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bring back the McDonald's pizza, then we can talk.
  • slgthatsme
    Options
    have you guys looked at the calorie count on their Caesar salads? You might as well eat a burger because they have the same calories in them. The ceaser salad from there is not a healthy option - they just want you to believe that it is.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    On a brighter note - Chipotle will be starting to carry non-GMO tofu "Sofritas" by the end of the year!! Yayyy for veg heads!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    McDonalds salads were rubbish - try making your own, it's not that difficult and tastes much better - honestly!!

Ty Ive never considered using the word rubbish until now... I cant wait to use it so I can sound like a complete.... well you know

What's wrong with the word rubbish? Or with what he said?

Only person coming out of this looking stupid is you as far as I can see....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    have you guys looked at the calorie count on their Caesar salads? You might as well eat a burger because they have the same calories in them. The ceaser salad from there is not a healthy option - they just want you to believe that it is.

The Caesar salad with grilled chicken is 190 calories. Not sure wtf you're talking about.
  • firstsip
    Options

Calorie content =/= healthy or unhealthy. Perhaps you mean, "It's not as low-calorie as you think," which isn't inherent to McDonald's, but all Caesar salads because of the cheese and the dressing itself.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If McDonald's had any sense, they would go back to basics. Where I live you will often find an In-n-Out Burger within just a few blocks of a McDonalds with people waiting for 20 minutes in the drive through at In-n-Out while the McDonalds is empty. For anyone not familiar, In-n-Out sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, shakes, and beverages.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Calorie content =/= healthy or unhealthy. Perhaps you mean, "It's not as low-calorie as you think," which isn't inherent to McDonald's, but all Caesar salads because of the cheese and the dressing itself.

The salad itself, with grilled chicken, is under 200 calories.

You can get any dressing you want with the Caesar salad. It comes in a separate packet. Even if you get the Caesar dressing, you don't have to use the whole thing.
  • MotivatedEleanor
    Options
    I eat at McD all the time and I keep it healthy. Yes, it is possible. I custom order telling them to hold the salt and pepper, hold the cheese, ketchup, onion, etc. Then I tell them to add shredded lettuce and cucumbers on their single patty. I then add a little bit of honey mustard sauce. I order a side salad and use their low fat mayo dressing for salad dressing. It is possible to eat healthy and stay on a diet eating there. You can go on their website under nutritional values, and even figure out how to modify your meal to get desired effect.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    If McDonald's had any sense, they would go back to basics. Where I live you will often find an In-n-Out Burger within just a few blocks of a McDonalds with people waiting for 20 minutes in the drive through at In-n-Out while the McDonalds is empty. For anyone not familiar, In-n-Out sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, shakes, and beverages.

In-N-Out 2012 revenue: $465 million
    McDonald's 2012 revenue: $27,600 million

They seem to be doing OK.
  • disasterman
    Options
    Number of McDonalds restuarants ~33,000
    Numbert of In-n-Out restaurants ~ 291

• jonnythan
    Options

Well, yes, exactly. In-N-Out is not McDonald's. They have a tiny fraction of the restaurants, market penetration, reach, employees, and revenue.
  • firstsip
    Options

You can get any dressing you want with the Caesar salad. It comes in a separate packet. Even if you get the Caesar dressing, you don't have to use the whole thing.

Hey, I know--I'm ALL ABOUT MCDONALD'S MAN. Caesar salads are, inherently, the, "What, this was more than 30 calories?" salad people unaware of calories get surprised about, however, which is why I mentioned it.

Unpopular opinion: I hate BK, but I love BK's salads. WHOLE BABY CARROTS.
  • disasterman
    Options
    You're right, they're bigger. And my point was only that In-n-Out restaurants typically are more productive on a per restaurant basis because, in my opinion, they stay focused on delivering consistent quality and service for a good value across a very limited product selection. In other words, they do one thing well rather than trying to be all things to all people. Incidentally, this is exactly how McDonalds started out. I would argue that the proliferation of items on their menu is more or less inversely proportionate to the decline in quality of their menu items but that's just my opinion of course. And whether their burgers are not as good because they're worried about making wraps and salads or whatever or they're making wraps and salads to make up for lost burger sales.....

Well, yes, exactly. In-N-Out is not McDonald's. They have a tiny fraction of the restaurants, market penetration, reach, employees, and revenue.
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

THIS!!! That Berry Almond Chicken Salad is LIFE!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Exactly. There's enough in that pouch for at least 2 salads.
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    IMO, Going to a fast food restaurant with "healthy food choices" in mind is like going to a hooker looking for a future wife. It's one of those things you should limit to moderation, and when you do, it frankly doesn't matter how much and of what is in it.

how ignorant