McDonald's discontinuing Ceasar Salad

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Oh, also, I worked at two Subways, one as a manager, and we never added anything to our vegetables.

So...yeah.
  • eswan77
    Options
    Ceasar salad is gone in upstate NY. Just tried to order one two nights ago for the first time in over a year. The cashier hooked me up though! He suggested I get a side salad which costs $1.00 and to get chicken put on, which they charge $2.00 for that. In my opinion, not bad at all, since I never ate all of the ceasar salads before.
  • wheird
    Options
    okay, you guys win.. Congrats. Prize... you have more time to be antagonistic in another thread. I've seen how convos about pretty well anything go down with both of you in other threads and I haven't the time or desire to continue this conversation.

I am sorry that you feel that way. I just expect someone to be able to back up claims that they have made. I am not trying to be antagonistic at all.
  • wheird
    Options
    okay, you guys win.. Congrats. Prize... you have more time to be antagonistic in another thread. I've seen how convos about pretty well anything go down with both of you in other threads and I haven't the time or desire to continue this conversation.

I am sorry that you feel that way. I just expect someone to be able to back up claims that they have made. I am not trying to be antagonistic at all.

I did, you are stating I am lying, sorry I'm not. Also I just can't remember the ingredients we added to enhance the produce...but we did add them. What more can I say. Convo over. Maybe on a different thread there can be more give and take. Not this one.

Lying? Perhaps. Or the franchisee of your particular Subway did this on his own.

The reason why it is unlikely to have been done as a company-wide practice comes down to food cost and turnover. Restaurant owners typically keep only a weeks worth of produce in stock at a time to reduce the chance of spoilage and so they dont have hundreds or thousands tied up in a perishable product. Your claim just doesnt make sense.
  • wheird
    Options
    Plus, all prepped items have to be labeled with dates and times according to health code law. The Subway compliance inspectors check that this practice is in place monthly.
  • wheird
    Options

I did, you are stating I am lying, sorry I'm not. Also I just can't remember the ingredients we added to enhance the produce...but we did add them. What more can I say. Convo over. Maybe on a different thread there can be more give and take. Not this one.

Lying? Perhaps. Or the franchisee of your particular Subway did this on his own.

The reason why it is unlikely to have been done as a company-wide practice comes down to food cost and turnover. Restaurant owners typically keep only a weeks worth of produce in stock at a time to reduce the chance of spoilage and so they dont have hundreds or thousands tied up in a perishable product. Your claim just doesnt make sense.

No idea, again I knew others at a totally different francise that it was the same story. But see you say "perhaps" I dont like my character attacked for no reason. Laters!

I said "perhaps" because I do not have the measure of your character. It is reasonable to assume that you may or may not be lying about your alleged experience. You are being rather sensitive about this when I am not attacking you.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    wendy's salads are pretty good. just don't use the whole pack of dressing, i think it's too saucy! i think i had mcd's ceasar salad before, didn't know they were being discontinued. i tried the new veggie wrap, it's pretty good and filling! i don't really eat meat so that's a good option.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    sometimes i really find some ppl hilarious for hating mcd so much, or fast food in general. relax, calm down! it won't kill you! no one is asking you to eat it everyday! geez. of course we know we can make our own ceasar salad, but ppl go to mcd for convenience! and it's just fun to eat out lol!! ppl need to stop being freaking obsessed. don't blame mcd if you're obese :)
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The salads didn't sell enough so its only a good business decision to drop them. People talk all the time about wanting healthy choices at fast food places but when they are offered, they don't buy them.
  • badatgyu
    badatgyu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I worked at McD's (less than a year ago for 2 years), we were always running out of salads because people ordered so many. Especially the Southwest salads (my favorite, yummm.)
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    have you guys looked at the calorie count on their Caesar salads? You might as well eat a burger because they have the same calories in them. The ceaser salad from there is not a healthy option - they just want you to believe that it is.

If you get the grilled chicken and not the breaded not it's not.

Mc Donalds - Ceasar Salad W/ Grilled Chicken, 1 salad 190 12 6 30 890 0

That's 30g of protein for 190 calories
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

This is what happens when you have one "fact" that turns out to be wrong.
  • darkein
    darkein Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I go to my grocery store for my green goods etc.

Not the biggest fan of McDonald's because of the following picture of their hamburger meat.

FNAg2at.png

It might be safe to eat, but it can't be that great for you.

Edit: I am sure other fast food is the same though:
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Probably because as relatively unhealthy as a Ceasar salad is (referring to the cheese, croutons & Ceasar dressing), it was one of the "healthiest" choices on the menu. And, let's face it, who goes to McDonald's for anything other than grease laden beef cakes? :huh:

Look at my diary. I eat the hell out of McDonalds Bacon Ranch salads. They have a great macro breakdown too.

And you also eat 2,500 calories a day...
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Probably because as relatively unhealthy as a Ceasar salad is (referring to the cheese, croutons & Ceasar dressing), it was one of the "healthiest" choices on the menu. And, let's face it, who goes to McDonald's for anything other than grease laden beef cakes? :huh:

Look at my diary. I eat the hell out of McDonalds Bacon Ranch salads. They have a great macro breakdown too.

Not so much this year, but when I lost my first 50 lbs, I ate 2-3 McD's grilled chicken Caesar salads with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing a week. Like 250 calories with 30g of protein. Pretty awesome, and filling.

That was when I was on ~1500 calories a day.
  • wheird
    Options

Which is irrelevent since the salad I was referring to is:

265cal
    13g Carbs
    12g Fats
    30g Protein

Which is something even the 1200 calorie crowd could easily fit into their day.
  • wheird
    Options

Not the biggest fan of McDonald's because of the following picture of their hamburger meat.

FNAg2at.png

Because it looks like pink soft serve? Just looks like hamburger in a food processor. :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

FNAg2at.png

That is not a picture of McDonald's hamburger meat.
  • darkein
    darkein Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oops - I posted the wrong picture. That is the chicken nuggets

Link

http://gizmodo.com/5654066/chicken-nuggets-are-made-from-this-pink-chicken-goop

Either way - pretty bad looking.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Oops - I posted the wrong picture. That is the chicken nuggets

Link

http://gizmodo.com/5654066/chicken-nuggets-are-made-from-this-pink-chicken-goop

Either way - pretty bad looking.
    That's just Facebook fearmongering nonsense. Chicken nuggets are made from white meat chicken. That pink slime was for hamburgers from some factory in China that had nothing to do with McDonalds.