What personality trait turns you off the most?

Options

Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Lying...closely followed by arrogance...
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Lying...closely followed by arrogance...

These including selfishness and overly cocky.
  • YaninaLabia
    Options
    Shallow and very judgemental derived from his/her own insecurities
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Being Irresponsible / breaking promises repeatedly
    Refusing to engage in conversation with reason (the "because-I-say-so-approach", is a sign of arrogance if you ask me )
    entitlement snob behavior/ demanding things you haven worked or earned
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    When you are unable to have a serious conversation, always joking around... I guess that would be a person that is not confident and low self esteem...
    I like to laugh and joke around, but there's limits... I have co-workers like that...
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Dishonesty
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    cocky
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    anti-social

Being inherently anti-social is tough. It can be a constant battle to deal with. Introversion is a lonely road. Getting out and mixing with others is uncomfortable making going it alone a simple choice. I'm not whining, just sayingl

I agree with you. And it's not like I can't be sympathetic to their struggles, but dealing with them can be a chore at times.

I took the anti-social comment as being people who might actually suffer from anti-social personality disorder. As in, those who have a complete lack of disrespect for the rights of others and frequently engage in immoral (e.g., theft, rape, etc.) and anti-social behaviors... So not people who are shy, but rather people who are sociopaths. Maybe I'm the only one who read it that way :0/
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    A tie between braggarts & drunks.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Moodiness. Can't stand moody people. Also, complainers. The two seem to go hand-in-hand to me, though.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Butthurt when someone doesn't like you. MOVE ON. Plenty of people that will :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    <-- not a fan of the "Alpha male"
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Since you asked me what the biggest turn-off is to me...MY biggest turn-off is a tie between:
    -being racist/homophobig/prejudiced/anti-equality
    -accepting things that people say without doing your own research and finding out whether or not these things are true
    -thinking that letting people starve and be homeless is a better option than expecting good business ethics or our government to provide temporary unemployment to people who lose their jobs is tough economic times
    -calling children and the elderly (among others) "moochers" and "takers"
    -preventing people from exercising their right to vote by using misleading information or voter suppression tactics in the name of preventing "election fraut" or "voter fraud" (which make up - LITERALLY - a whopping .000003% and .000000001%, respectively, of all votes in the US)
    -Claiming that there's such a thing as "legitimate rape" which the female body can magically "shut down" - and that, if you do get pregnant, you secretly wanted it and it was an act of God
    -claiming to want small government and then trying to pass laws that impose one's religious beliefs on others
    -And similar things that involve hate, (often willful) ignorance of facts, bad logic/being a hypocrite, or inequality.
    Well said, Alicia.
  • FTSTL
    FTSTL Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Cattle rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull *kitten*, train robbers, bank robbers, *kitten*-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Extravagance, shallowness, and a desperate need for attention.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Cattle rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull *kitten*, train robbers, bank robbers, *kitten*-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.

:laugh: :laugh: Methodists???? I'm still :laugh: :laugh:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Narcissism, with a sub category of self pity, martyrdom, black/white thinking, and basically any other borderline personality trait.
  • alexrenner2013
    alexrenner2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    sex crazers.
  • Sapphire3002
    Sapphire3002 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Being overly critical and narrowminded.
  • BlankDoll
    Options
    Gosh, I'm arrogant, cocky, overly confident, and a complete know-it-all. You gals must hate my guts. That's awesome. :flowerforyou:

I personally hate shrinking violets who play the victim and who constantly need attention and "sympathy". I just want to smack women like that. I may be a harpy, but I'll take that any day over being a doormat. :devil:
    This^