Sara’s First Powerlifting Competition (pics and vids)

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    lmao...edited to fix an embarrassing typo. One little letter missed off a word can change the while meaning...

Oh, damn, why didn't I catch this... (frantically rereads in search of potential embarrassing typos)

As for the other part...

We are all our own toughest critics. Our expectations of ourselves - especially considering you said you were a competitive person, and don't I know all about that - are always highest. It's always good to set the bar high, to push ourselves to the top of our potential, so that we always strive for more, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that we would all be proud of you regardless. How many of us can say we conquered the nerves or excuses to even attempt something such as this? Let alone, BREAK THE RECORD, however "unimpressive" you might tout it to be. We all crap out sometimes, especially under pressure (or during a cut - oh, so valid excuse). But not all of us can say that we tried something as challenging and intimidating as this. You haven't let anything stand in your way, your weight, your age, your fear. That is what makes us proud of you, not the weight on the bar. You couldn't let us down. Well, unless you held out on the huge, sloppy kisses...

lol - the typo was mine...I left the 's' off the word members initially.

And thank you so much for your kind words. I cannot articulate properly how much your, and others, posts mean to me.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're an inspiration.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This was amazing to read. I was holding my breath during each of the vids. You are FANTASTIC!

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    More-Awesome-Than-A-Double-Rainbow_4663-l.jpg?v=4663
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    oops.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    You did so well Sara. I'm glad that I persisted with my bullying :tongue: I think you may have caught the PL bug :laugh:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    WTG Sara! I loved that you kept us updated during the meet and I love that you put your story here for us to read in detail! Thank you for keeping us inspired :heart:
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Love everything about this. So awesome to get to see the vids! Fantastic job, and so grateful to get to stand on the virtual sidelines and cheer you on. Been super fun watching your meet prep and your success. :)
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You're always inspiring, but this was on a whole new level. Congrats for kicking all kinds of @ss out there. Can't wait to hear about your next one!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Bump because this may be the best success story ever.

National and State records in a first meet, female over 45 talk about inspirational! You are like a Warrior Princess..

Hero_runs.gif
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic achievement! Well done
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

:drinker:
  • nzmusclez
    Options
    Awesome stuff well done!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    God you are so bloody inspirational woman!!!!

Over 40's lifting girls salute you everywhere xx
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    THATS AWSOMEEEEEE !!!!!!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party, but CONGRATS!!! That is REALLY impressive... I'm crazy nervous for doing my first competition this coming summer (push/pull). Can't do full power because my squats are weaksauce (mainly because I hate them, lol).
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love you so hard!!!!!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment my awesome friend!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!