How big is a piece of cake?

Options

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    One slice of Great Wall Chocolate Cake at P.F. Changs has 1440 calories and 68 grams of fat (per the website). It is also supposed to be four servings (bahahahaaha....).

Challenge accepted.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    But there are times when you can't weigh it, and then you just have to estimate that it is an average slice of average chocolate or whatever sort cake and go with that.

I mean you don't have your scales with you at birthday parties or in little cafes that sell home made cake.

Some people are more committed to weight loss than others I guess.

Yes! If you don't carry scales to work, school, cafes, and birthday parties, you lack commitment :indifferent: :flowerforyou:
    And Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes. Don't forget those.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    First pretty much all calorie logging is an estimate to some degree.

Most cake mix boxes will tell how many servings. Make up one of those and portion it out. Then let that be your guide for a one serving size piece of cake.

Still an estimate but it will get you in the ballpark.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Well, a lot of the time, you can look at the "1 container" and see how many pieces is in an entire cake, then you'll know.

I only do this with a store bought cake or a box mix. If I made my own then I build a recipe.

Most restaurants in Canada, anyway, who buy their cakes/desserts usually get them from one company called "WOW desserts" So if you order a piece of cake has a name like "chocolate Cadillac" you can usually find it under wow desserts. - I've worked in many, many kitchens from prince edward island to alberta and most places who don't bake their own use WOW.

When all else fails: Guesstimate!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Did you know that there is a slice of cake made out of gold in Stockholm that they keep under a glass dome that is the official "SI Slice of Cake" ? And don't even ask what happens once you're past 1 mile above sea level.

What happens once you're past 1 mile above sea level?

you think that's bad... take that slice of cake to the moon or Jupiter and see how much it weighs then....

This is why I only eat cake in fully submerged submarines.
  • melissalatzel24
    Options
    i browse through cake options that myfitnesspal enters, not members entries.

(they give grams , etc etc and have entries such as brownies, pound, sponge, chocolate with frosting, with out frosting...

try type in 'cakes' and see the ones without the asterisk are the correct mfp entries :)
  • melissalatzel24
    Options
    cake not cakes sorry...
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Not as big as you'd eyes would say but smaller than your stomach would. Or vice versa.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    But there are times when you can't weigh it, and then you just have to estimate that it is an average slice of average chocolate or whatever sort cake and go with that.

I mean you don't have your scales with you at birthday parties or in little cafes that sell home made cake.

Yes! If you don't carry scales to work, school, cafes, and birthday parties, you lack commitment :indifferent: :flowerforyou:
    And Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes. Don't forget those.

Where is my cake? I was going to have it for breakfast... I am getting really HAAAANGRY over here!

:angry: :laugh:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Did you know that there is a slice of cake made out of gold in Stockholm that they keep under a glass dome that is the official "SI Slice of Cake" ? And don't even ask what happens once you're past 1 mile above sea level.

you think that's bad... take that slice of cake to the moon or Jupiter and see how much it weighs then....

Isn't that expensive though? I guess I am just not as committed :wink:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    “Size matters not … Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?”
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

Isn't that expensive though? I guess I am just not as committed :wink:
    if you wanted it badly enough you'd be committed to finding a way.
    :glasses:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    If it's a DQ cake, what's missing in the pic, is one slice.

DQ10Q4036O_BrownieBatter_Insert_3x31-e1284049399643.jpg
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    One slice of Great Wall Chocolate Cake at P.F. Changs has 1440 calories and 68 grams of fat (per the website). It is also supposed to be four servings (bahahahaaha....).

Challenge accepted.

I love you!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :flowerforyou::flowerforyou:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Me wants me cake :heart: :love:

tumblr_m59isjUPxD1r49qb1.gif

C7RkWOT_zpsf2597949.gif

but but but but :sad: :sad: :sad:

tumblr_lqxb1kUUi41qff8hqo1_500.gif
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options

There, there, there.....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: kitty make it all better!

HBBlackCat2.gif
  • Manda_1986
    Manda_1986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Haha love it
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Whats with the thousands of cake entries in the database that are measured by "1 slice" with no weights?

For a box mix such as Duncan Hines ... its 1/12 of the cake. Don't forget to add frosting in as another line item.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

There, there, there.....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: kitty make it all better!

HBBlackCat2.gif

Cat slobber or not, I would still eat the cake. That is commitment :laugh:

Edited for clarity: cause that's how I roll
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    let_me_cut_myself____a_slice_of_cake_by_bellajynx-d508wj7.gif
    OMG I can't love this enough..I am hoping that is not the face I make! lol