Would you keep using MFP if it wasn't free?

Options

Replies

• asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes, if all those adds would stop popping up.
  • picklefishlips
    Options
    No, I am happy to use this site but, if they charged money I would not stay.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No, there are too many free sites out there that would serve my purpose. Their food data base sucks, no recipe sharing, buggy releases-need to do a better QA prior to releasing, slow development. I know it is a hugely popular site but imagine how popular it would be if some improvements were made!!!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Nope. Too many bugs. I like it but the pace of development is too slow, improvements come at a snail's pace.

Of course that would depend on pricing, too.

This.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yes if it was greatly improved, ie, better sorted results, not 100 duplicates, incomplete/crazy entries removed, and everything was entered in grams so we could just put the number of grams we ate without having to calculate how much of a serving everything is.
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Only if they could get an app that actually works on my phone :) Until then...no :)
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Probably not.
  • Nope. Too many bugs. I like it but the pace of development is too slow, improvements come at a snail's pace.

Of course that would depend on pricing, too.

This.

Hahahahaha.....no. I agree with these quoted posts.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    No
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    No Way...
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Hell no.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No. Because they don't listen to most of the user-requests for fixes, and because the functionality across platforms is laughable - it's different everywhere you use it.

I would just go find another free service.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    No ....I would leave but would be very very sad cause this is the best site and I have been many others...this is the best :flowerforyou:
  • huntndox
    huntndox Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes. Wonderful site that provides what I need with the added bonus of a great community of helpful folks.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    heck no.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nope...there are other sites that are free.

^This
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love MFP and have recommended it to many, many people. My friends on here have been priceless in their support and friendship and instrumental to my reaching my goal.. . .however, I can't afford expenses that are just for me, don't feed the family or pay the mortgage. I wouldn't use Runtastic either if it wasn't free as a basic service. Technically, if they were going to charge they would need a lot more bells and whistles and a major upgrade. As it is, free, I love it.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    No, but I would miss everyone. We are retired and have other things to spend money on, like our outrageous heating bill.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    No as I cannot afford to use a paid site. This is why I'm here. If MFP begins charging, there are other sites from which to choose. It would be a sad day however as I've gotten used to this site. :cry: