Would you keep using MFP if it wasn't free?

Options

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Psssst (whispering) if you say yes then they will start charging. Say no!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    No, can't afford it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes, if the fee (fees) were reasonable. I was a smoker for 25 years, so I wasted plenty of money being unhealthy. Now I don't mind spending that same money on trying to be more healthy.
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Options
    No. I am too cheap to pay for a site to count my calories, when I can do that myself. This site just takes some of the effort of calculating.
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No
  • impartialbystander
    Options
    What if it just changed tomorrow, and you would have to pay to continue to use MPF.

So... Phostose. Are you gathering data towards a specific purpose, beyond satiating your curiosity?
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Depends on the price. But most likely no. There's other calorie counting websites that I could explore.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    If it was only a couple of bucks, yes, if it was more I would have a look at the alternatives and then decide if it was worth it or not.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    Options
    100% Yes. I could not have gotten as far as I have so far without it.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    If mfp still had as many users, yes I would pay. But I fear most people would go away. The great variety, the large numbers of users is their strength.

It's all the freeloading users who create the actual value. Mfp ought to be paying them!!!
  • our_ayley
    our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Assuming the cost would mean the developers were able to commit more time to ironing out the bugs, and ensuring the database was correct and accurate then sure. I think people are quick to say no based on the fact that there are issues with it now, but as the app is free I can hardly blame the developers for not dedicating more time to it. Assuming even half of the members signed up and paid a 69p app fee, they'd have enough money to make this their priority I'm sure, but obviously the results would need to reflect that and the app would need to be more stable and more accurate.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I would think that if it were a paid app then improvements would come a bit faster and it would be less buggy. In that case, yes I would. I am way too lazy to track my food with pen and paper. I'm just fine with the free version though :P
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Probably not.

I would consider it if the fee (assuming reasonable) resulted in dedicated tech support.
  • mm331133
    mm331133 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    PROBABLY NOT...LOL I PROBABLY WOULD START A JOURNAL INSTEAD LOL.....
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Maybe. It would depend on the price. If I did, I would expect more / better features in return, however.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I would say what so many others have said - if the price were low, yes.
    If not, then no.
  • onmyown326
    Options
    nope
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If it was cheap.