Would you keep using MFP if it wasn't free?

Options

Replies

• mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No. Love the website. My husband and I both use it and have sent others here, but we wouldn't pay for it.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Not at all, no matter what the fee may be
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    yes, if they fixed all the foods to weed out the wrong entries. but I would probably not pay a lot more than $15 per year ...
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    That would be a, "NO"!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have no money.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I got for the price charged. I would expect some substantial improvements if fee based.
  • harminzer
    Options
    No. The general opinion of other posts is due to slow upgrades, bugs, poor customer service, functionality across platforms. I rarely go public on anything, however this one for me is different. I actually expected to find like minded individuals looking to better their lives through the information shared. I haven't experienced any of these for free so why should i pay. I am however proud of the fact that between MFP, Fit-Bit, and an HRM I have managed to drop 30 lbs. It took fifty years to put it there but I feel as though it will come off now that I have finally learned how to eat properly. I don't care about seeing your bare chest or your finely toned gut or highly developed arms. I am sixty three and suffer from arthritis since I was a young child. I need people to support me as I work harder than ever to gain a healthier body as I get older in the time I have left. I wouldn't pay for this app unless the winds shifted in my favor a bit. As long as it's free I will continue to use it cause in spite of all I have said here it serves its purpose.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    No, I would miss my friends, but No
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    If they banned the rude people in the forums and actually made the comment system on the walls user-friendly.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    It would be a toss up for me. I love the friends I have made here. I really like logging my foods. This site has made a world of difference even with the bugs, glitches and sometimes slow response times.

If it was a low enough price and cleaned up a bit a big maybe yes.

Then again...been in maintenance for 2 years and hopefully could keep it up on my own.

I would have to think really hard on this.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    If they could actually fix all the bugs and latency issues I would consider it, but it would have to be completely ad free if I am paying. They can let advertisers pay for it or subscribers, but not both. They seem to be far more committed to seeking out and taking down member photos that they do not approve of than fixing bugs though, so I don't see them reaching a degree of quality and reliability that would allow them to charge subscribers and survive.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    hell no i would go back to myspace

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    however, I can't afford expenses that are just for me,
    Sorry about your situation, but I'm impressed at how responsible and considerate you are. It really annoys me to see "broke" people w unnecessary things, like freshly manicured nails that are at least $20. End of my rant. I hope things pick up for you. :happy:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Probably, if the fee were small.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    nope
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    not a chance. I love mfp...but I'm poor.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Probably; depends on the fee though. If it would speed up development issues and glitch fixes, then a modest fee would be acceptable. This is the best of these types of sites, in my opinion.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    nah probably not. I'm cheap

Other than the probably part this would be my answer.
  • rjennings828
    Options
    No, to many free sites that I could switch to.
  • dfeinblum
    Options
    Nope. Pen and paper worked just as well for me before I discovered this website. This just makes it much more convenient to "carry around" via the app.