Not interested in my husband anymore

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    How do you know I don't have children who have received shots? Don't make assumptions.

Hiding things from your husband and potentially rendering him unable to connect with another woman EVER again is not the same as a kid getting a shot. Seriously? I guess you just care that little about your spouses. I hate it when mother's over dramatize ... your child is probably terrified because you put it in their minds it was going to be a negative experience. Good job.

Is there some "Kids Who Got Icky Shots And Grew Up To Be Depressed" support group I'm not aware of?

fillion1.gif

Yep, you're right. you DO know everything.
    Congratulations on that.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I had to hold my 55 pound 7 year old down for her flu shot. Yeah, that was fun. The 3 year old didn't even cry.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    I don't know everything, but I do know I birthed a child from my hoo-hah.

Know what I mean, Vern?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

fillion1.gif

This. And I love him. Can I fantasize about him?

*Maybe OP should fantasize about him. Solve ALL the problems.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    When people, whose profiles I view and laugh at, don't like me ... I pat myself on the back.

Otherwise, I might just be lame. Or fat.

*slow clap* Well done. Are you going to tell us how much you don't care about things now?
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    There is an old story about a divorce lawyer who tells a client who cannot afford the divorce to go home and spend three months treating the spouse the way they think they should be treated, do stuff for them, compliment them, talk, flirt, date, touch, hold hands, be the best friend and lover they can be and then in 3 months come back and if they still want the divorce the lawyer would do it for free.

In three months the person called the lawyer back and said they saved the marriage, as they started doing all of these things for the spouse the spouse then started treating them the same way, with love and respect. They rekindled what they had in the beginning and no longer wanted a divorce.

My opinion, Say nothing about this to him. It's not your husbands problem, it's yours. Start by figuring out what the real problem is and work on that first. Work on you and your commitment to him. Then if you feel like his weight really is an issue you can talk about that in a loving way with him. Tell him you are concerned about his health and that you want him to be around for your child.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    This thread is

Going_Places_FilmPoster.jpeg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I had to hold my 55 pound 7 year old down for her flu shot. Yeah, that was fun. The 3 year old didn't even cry.

but it wasn't difficult at all, right? for your 7 year old... the idea of being stabbed with a needle isn't nearly as terrifying to her as lost sex drive is to a man...

:wink:
  • mlrd2010
    Options
    sell him on ebay?

Already tried. It's illegal, apparently.

Yet I'm ugly on the inside. Sure.

At this point, I think a bunch of us are wondering if there is anything inside.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kelso-Says-Burn-That-70s-Show.gif
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    I care about everything (sans fat & ignorant people). That's why my life is insanely awesome. :D
  • mlrd2010
    Options

Ok. So what do I say? I don't want to hurt him at all.

"Honey. I'm sure you've noticed but I'm having issues wanting to have sex. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Do you think counseling might help us? What about more date nights? Lets go to the sex store..."

Just talk. Just opening up might help. Don't make it about him (yet). Maybe you can get back into it without ever really revealing the real reason.

I like this. This is a really good way to approach it, I think.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    There is an old story about a divorce lawyer who tells a client who cannot afford the divorce to go home and spend three months treating the spouse the way they think they should be treated, do stuff for them, compliment them, talk, flirt, date, touch, hold hands, be the best friend and lover they can be and then in 3 months come back and if they still want the divorce the lawyer would do it for free.

In three months the person called the lawyer back and said they saved the marriage, as they started doing all of these things for the spouse the spouse then started treating them the same way, with love and respect. They rekindled what they had in the beginning and no longer wanted a divorce.

My opinion, Say nothing about this to him. It's not your husbands problem, it's yours. Start by figuring out what the real problem is and work on that first. Work on you and your commitment to him. Then if you feel like his weight really is an issue you can talk about that in a loving way with him. Tell him you are concerned about his health and that you want him to be around for your child.

I completely agree with this one.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    When people, whose profiles I view and laugh at, don't like me ... I pat myself on the back.

Otherwise, I might just be lame. Or fat.

*slow clap* Well done. Are you going to tell us how much you don't care about things now?

I smell a MFP Social Climber. She wants sooooo bad to be popular.

tumblr_mtgg0525la1s8d8uno1_500_zps6f67e848.gif
  • mlrd2010
    Options
    A trying time in your life?

Don't even go there.

I have lupus, a debilitating disease. It's a struggle for me to even get out of bed, let alone work out. Or cook. Or be in a good mood. But I do all of these things for my husband. Nearly every damn day.

You've gone on and on about how great your husband is and how wonderful your life is with him. So ... if you don't have depression, or some other kind of mental illness, then you are a truly ego maniacal woman. You have so much to be thankful for, stop your *****ing and moaning and enjoy your loved ones.

Is lupus painful? Can you die of it? *fingers crossed*
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I care about everything (sans fat & ignorant people). That's why my life is insanely awesome. :D

Omg... Maybe you ought to just move along. This thread is probably harshing your insanely awesome life.

:huh:
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options

tumblr_msnsx2LmYz1rqdpydo1_400_zps1e180547.gif
  • mlrd2010
    Options
    How do you know I don't have children who have received shots? Don't make assumptions.

...But you don't. So they were right.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    I'd love to meet some of you people in real life. It would definitely be a trip.

I'm cool with all the insults. After all, if people like you didn't have the interwebz ... there'd be virtually no social interaction. Except maybe with your clinical psychologist, or proctologist.

Have fun. I'm off to eat sushi and watch a Keanu Reeves movie.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I think you should stick with the Rate Me threads.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options

...But you don't. So they were right.

I have two daughters. Didn't you read my previous post? I guess not. Fail.
This discussion has been closed.