Clean Eating Bashing?

Options
1313233343537»

Replies

• calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what clean food is. Does it mean that it is completely organic? I also am unsure what junk food is. Is it food that has more calories than nutrition? I just finished a small bag of m&m's. I needed more calories for my day, and was too lazy to fix myself something else to eat. Am I going to die from them? I had satisfied my protein and fiber requirements for the day. So does it really matter??

I'm not even sure if my endangered species natural dark chocolate with 88% cocoa would be considered clean...but boy is it yummy. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

WTF. That is horrible! Makes me feel quite ragey in fact. :mad:

It's heartbreaking. I'd bring it up to her, but I know she would not listen to me (I'm not in the medical field). I'm just glad she sees the Dr. regularly.

You can always contact child protection services. They are very discrete.

^^ Worst advice in the history of MFP

I agree. You want to call CPS because you don't like the diet a parent chooses feeds their own child?? A child that sees a Dr. regularly?
  • MrsBingley
    Options

WTF. That is horrible! Makes me feel quite ragey in fact. :mad:

It's heartbreaking. I'd bring it up to her, but I know she would not listen to me (I'm not in the medical field). I'm just glad she sees the Dr. regularly.

You can always contact child protection services. They are very discrete.

Thank you for your consideration, but I'm not going to do that. She is being fed a restricted diet. She is not being abused. She may need more calories or she may have anemia, but she is not in immediate danger. I'd like to see the poor thing get a cupcake and play hard once in a while, but I'd much sooner bring it up with her mother (if it gets to a point where I choose to make it my business) or encourage her to bring it up with her doctor before sticking the man on her. As it is, she is taken to all her regular Dr appointments so, she is being looked after.