Clean Eating Bashing?

Options

Replies

• professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Why do other people seem to really care what the hell I eat, as long ... Im not eating any domesticated animals.

Huh?? I eat them often.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating cheetos.

Just had Nucita (it's like Nutella) on bread

I was so disappointed when I tried Nutella. I'd heard over and over how wonderful it was. It tasted like someone had melted a Hershey bar and spread it on my toast.

We have had the same jar of Nutella sitting next to our peanut butter for probably 2 years now. The peanut butter we burn through, but Nutella.. not so much. Probably should just throw it out. Seems like there's always a better option.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I was so disappointed when I tried Nutella. I'd heard over and over how wonderful it was. It tasted like someone had melted a Hershey bar and spread it on my toast.

That sounds amazing.

+1
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella but I rarely want to give up the calories for it. I'd rather just have a Hershey bar.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating cheetos.

Just had Nucita (it's like Nutella) on bread

I like this Nucita better than Nutella. I think it's made in Venezuela, then packaged in Mexico and imported here. The only difference I see is that it uses only palm oil (no "vegetable oil") and it states "hazelnut paste," but it could be the type of chocolate too. IDK
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

That sounds amazing.

I wouldn't want melted chocolate on toast. If the chocolate is melted, then it's best to use graham cracker for dipping. (MHO, of course)
  • kesciamuhammad
    kesciamuhammad Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    But again, I am clearly not perpetuating any "fallacy" nor am I trying to recruit anyone to my way of thinking. My motto is simple--you don't need to condemn a dirty glass, just set a clean glass beside it and let people chose for themselves.
    I was simply stating what cleaner eating has done FOR ME in hopes that someone who feels the same way might read it and be encouraged, get a laugh or respond on this public forum.

Oh so the dirty glass is like dirty food.

Sure. You're not condemning anything.
    No, it's about life in general. I don't believe in preaching to people about what I believe, if it's that great it should be so obvious that people will come up to me and ask, "you seem to have a great marriage, your children seem to be so well-mannered, you have so much energy, you seem to really enjoy your career, whatever...what are you doing?" That's the clean glass. Don't preach to me about your beliefs, if I can see the difference it makes in your life, I'll ask.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you a question - ever go outside your Macros? Do you meet them each and everyday?

Meeting them every day actually really easy to do once you get the basics down.

Rare is a day I don't at least hit at least my LBM in g protein (though most days I hit my BW), or vary more than 100-150 cals from my cal goal (I'm bigger on a weekly cal goal, I keep to a 100 calorie weekly variance). Carbs and fat just come out of the fact that I don't eat weird (thus eat plenty of fat), but prefer carb goodness over fatty foods; thus the ratio skews heavy toward carbs without eating too little fat, that really doesn't take any effort.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    But again, I am clearly not perpetuating any "fallacy" nor am I trying to recruit anyone to my way of thinking. My motto is simple--you don't need to condemn a dirty glass, just set a clean glass beside it and let people chose for themselves.
    I was simply stating what cleaner eating has done FOR ME in hopes that someone who feels the same way might read it and be encouraged, get a laugh or respond on this public forum.

No, it's about life in general. I don't believe in preaching to people about what I believe, if it's that great it should be so obvious that people will come up to me and ask, "you seem to have a great marriage, your children seem to be so well-mannered, you have so much energy, you seem to really enjoy your career, whatever...what are you doing?" That's the clean glass. Don't preach to me about your beliefs, if I can see the difference it makes in your life, I'll ask.

Your analogy is terrible and condescending. Clean eating is not the "clean glass" while "unclean" eating is the "dirty glass."

It's more like two glasses, one red one green. Some people tell you that only the red glass is OK to use; using the green glass will give you cancer. Other people will tell you that either glass is fine and use whichever you prefer.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

That sounds amazing.

It was okay. But not amazing. I was expecting amazing.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I don't like bananas, but it would be cheaper and taste the same to just buy some chocolate ice cream topping and mix with pb and taste pretty much the same.

For the price Nutella charges, I expected to taste some hazelnut.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Your analogy is terrible and condescending. Clean eating is not the "clean glass" while "unclean" eating is the "dirty glass."

It's more like two glasses, one red one green. Some people tell you that only the red glass is OK to use; using the green glass will give you cancer. Other people will tell you that either glass is fine and use whichever you prefer.

and what if that answer to, "what are you doing?" has more to do with the table both glasses are resting on then the glasses themselves...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

and what if that answer to, "what are you doing?" has more to do with the table both glasses are resting on then the glasses themselves...

This argument is not about what any individual is themselves eating. This argument is about the condescending attitude from clean eaters and the way they demonize "unclean" foods. The argument is about simpleminded people falsely categorizing food on a spectrum from "healthy" to "unhealthy" and telling other people falsehoods about the inherent worth of particular foods.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

And those of us with the green glass get asked pretty often what we are doing, believe me. Lots of people want to know how to lose weight, be healthy and still enjoy all the foods you love like ice cream, chips, chocolate, poptarts and pizza on a daily basis. I've had ice cream everyday for the past 50 days, have not cut out any foods, yet feel awesome enough to burn an average of 2800 calories a day doing a variety of activities, and have lost 124lbs in 16 months.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options

This argument is not about what any individual is themselves eating. This argument is about the condescending attitude from clean eaters and the way they demonize "unclean" foods. The argument is about simpleminded people falsely categorizing food on a spectrum from "healthy" to "unhealthy" and telling other people falsehoods about the inherent worth of particular foods.

Hard to argue that...
  • bcattoes
    Options

And these categories and their definitions are false because you say so?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    1452101_10151987588775155_712589327_n.png
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I like coffee.
    I like chocolate.
    I like hazelnuts.

I can't stand hazelnut coffee.
    I can't stand Nutella.

I neither particularly like nor dislike chocolate flavored coffee.

And with that, I'm finally in on this silliness.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So, would a cow with pneumonia qualify as "unhealthy food?":smile: