Replies

• cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There are some amazing recipes here... cant wait to try them!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I take a whole package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and put it in my Crock Pot for 8 hours on low with a whole bottle of Catalina dressing. It is SOOOO good!!!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    bump - awesome ideas - thanks everyone!
  • goal150ish
    Options
    Bump
  • marilyntally
    Options
    BAKED CRAB CAKES, BAKED SWEET POTATOE FRIES, & SALAD. TO LIVE FOR!
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My favorite crock pot meal is a pot roast. Put the roast in the crock, spread a small can of cranberry sauce on top then sprinkle a packet of onion soup mix on top. Cook all day on low. It is fork tender and it makes almost a chutney type sauce that is so good. You can add whatever veggies you want to it. I usually add carrots, parsnips, turnips or whatever root veggies I have on hand.
  • whhth
    whhth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Stuffing

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 box of chicken stuffing

1 can of cream of chicken soup

Place chicken breasts in crock pot and than mix stuffing with cream of chicken soup and pour on top of chicken.

Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump! Love recipes
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • weezgrrl
    weezgrrl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bum pity..bump...bump :flowerforyou:
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    2 Ingredient crock pot recipe:
    - thawed chicken (1-3lb, or however much you want)
    - Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Chicken sauce (enough to coat all chicken, with a little extra sitting in the bottom of the crock pot)

Put allllll two ingredients in the crock pot. Cook until done (maybe 4-5hrs on high, 6-8 on low?)

Enjoy the amazing deliciousness waiting for you! Bonus points for serving it on top of a heaping helping of fresh (or wilted) spinach or rucola :-)

4 ingredient (not counting seasonings) crock pot recipe:
    - thawed chicken, beef, or pork (however much you want to use and fits in the crock pot)
    - 1/2-2 chopped onion, however much you like
    - salsa verde (1/2 - 1 sixteen ounce jar, depending on how much meat you use)
    - 1-2 chopped bell peppers, whatever color you like

- cumin (1tsp - 1 1/2 tbsp, whatever you like)
    - garlic (powder, fresh, whatever)
    - salt and pepper to taste... I go generous with both :-)

Put meat and onion in crock pot. Add salsa verde - however much it takes to coat all the meat plus leave maybe 1/2-1inch sauce in the bottom of the pot. Add seasonings. Cook however long (depends on your amount of meat) until just about/almost/barely done. Add bell peppers, stir in, and cook another 45min, give or take, until they look done.
    (if you need the bell peppers done more quickly, microwave them for a few minutes before adding them, then just let it all cook a few minutes before enjoying. You could add the bell peppers at the beginning with everything else, but warning - they will get a bit mushy)

Enjoy the deliciousness. Bonus points - serve on spinach and/or rucola.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    2 Ingredient crock pot recipe:
    - thawed chicken (1-3lb, or however much you want)
    - Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Chicken sauce (enough to coat all chicken, with a little extra sitting in the bottom of the crock pot)

Put allllll two ingredients in the crock pot. Cook until done (maybe 4-5hrs on high, 6-8 on low?)

Enjoy the amazing deliciousness waiting for you! Bonus points for serving it on top of a heaping helping of fresh (or wilted) spinach or rucola :-)

4 ingredient (not counting seasonings) crock pot recipe:
    - thawed chicken, beef, or pork (however much you want to use and fits in the crock pot)
    - 1/2-2 chopped onion, however much you like
    - salsa verde (1/2 - 1 sixteen ounce jar, depending on how much meat you use)
    - 1-2 chopped bell peppers, whatever color you like

- cumin (1tsp - 1 1/2 tbsp, whatever you like)
    - garlic (powder, fresh, whatever)
    - salt and pepper to taste... I go generous with both :-)

Put meat and onion in crock pot. Add salsa verde - however much it takes to coat all the meat plus leave maybe 1/2-1inch sauce in the bottom of the pot. Add seasonings. Cook however long (depends on your amount of meat) until just about/almost/barely done. Add bell peppers, stir in, and cook another 45min, give or take, until they look done.
    (if you need the bell peppers done more quickly, microwave them for a few minutes before adding them, then just let it all cook a few minutes before enjoying. You could add the bell peppers at the beginning with everything else, but warning - they will get a bit mushy)

Enjoy the deliciousness. Bonus points - serve on spinach and/or rucola.

I have done the chicken with the Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce. It is great. Sometimes I will just cook the chicken by itself and then add the sweet baby rays sauce to a portion of the shredded chicken.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Scanned the thread for recipes without meat (preferably without seafood either); either I missed them or they're not there. Anybody have any?
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Scanned the thread for recipes without meat (preferably without seafood either); either I missed them or they're not there. Anybody have any?

I like to take veggies in nice big pieces, veggie stock and lentils or beans and make some nice soups and stews. I just use what I have on hand, what is fresh and in season. As for herbs/spices what I have or what I'm in the mood for

Pinterest has a lot of vegan crock-pot stuff. And a lot of the ones with meat you can change up with another protein, but a word of warning, might need to adjust liquids a bit for the changing of what goes in.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    @whereismycoff
    Thx.
    Open to all suggestions. :-)
  • kedwards111
    Options
    I just posted a new, (my first) recipe here and it is in fact 5 ingredients, crockpot ready and super easy. I titled it Crockpot Beef and Cabbage Soup.

3/4 pound Ground Beef (or Ground Turkey)
    2 small Cans Stewed Tomatoes WITH liquid
    4 cups Chicken Broth (I used the Better than Bouillion as it's Gluten Free and love the big flavor)
    1/2 Head of Small/Medium Cabbage
    Minced garlic and/or Garlic Powder to taste

Brown the beef or turkey briefly in skillet and add all ingredients to crockpot, cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH would be less time, until cabbage is very tender.