5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options

Replies

• hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Did this one the other night and it was really good.
  • adayinaz
    adayinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This will sound a little ridiculous but it is seriously the best pulled pork my husband and I have ever eaten:
    1 package of pork sirloin (2-3 lbs, always $1.99 at Costco)
    1 bottle BBQ sauce

Put the pork in the crockpot (I do this straight from the freezer with no thawing time) and dump the BBQ sauce on top. Cook on low for at least 5-6 hours (all day is fine if you work.) Shred the pork and return it to the pot and cook it for a little while longer to soak up flavors! It won't look like much sauce at first but trust me, it ends up awesome!

Also: Chicken Tacos!
    3-ish lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 jar salsa
    1 packet taco seasoning (I find this really salty so I make my own to reduce salty taste.)

Toss it together in the crockpot. Stir. Cook on low like the BBQ pork above, then shred and stir it up to soak up flavors. Serve on whole wheat tortillas with your favorite toppings. I like mixing another jar of salsa with some frozen corn kernels and heating on the stove. I also add lettuce and some shredded reduced fat cheese.
  • rmellinger17
    rmellinger17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love doing the freezer thing too! That way before work in the morning you only have to dump everything in the crockpot turn it on and go to work! I find most of these on Pinterest!
  • hmandt70
    Options
    *bumpity bump bump*
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RomanHolidayGirl
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this website! They have tons of recipes!
  • flab2fit_30
    Options
    looks like a ton of great recipes... im going to check these out for some ideas.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    A few more than 5 ingredients, but most of them are seasonings. This one also works with beef chuck or bottom round, though it's higher in calories that way. Still not bad, but higher in calories. (I've never done it with pork, actually, since I'm allergic.)
    I've never bothered marinating the meat. Heck, sometimes I don't completely THAW the meat. Don't tell the USDA!
    And you can substitute ground ginger for the fresh. I don't think I've ever used fresh because I refuse to run to the store for one ingredient.
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-char-siu-pork-roast-10000001160642/

A great source for crockpot recipes is Crockpot365.com. They're mostly kid-friendly since she's a mom, and ridiculously easy. Not necessarily low-calorie, but she generally keeps it healthy and without many processed ingredients.
  • cherryberryred0
    cherryberryred0 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet (in the crock pot now), but I'm serving pulled pork tonight. I used pork loin (it was on sale, I was going to buy just pork butt/shoulder) and threw that in with beer (2 bottles since it was 5.8lbs of pork), cayanne, cumin, chili powder, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. I'm cooking that on low all day, and tonight I'll drain most of the liquid and add a bottle of BBQ sauce.

If you add some apple cider vinegar and a binder like tomato paste you don't need to drain and add bbq sauce, you already made it.

Love the apple cider vinegar and tomato paste idea. I love carolina style BBZ and always prefer the vinegar flavors opposed to the bottled BBZ sauces! Thanks
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken curry tonight and it's SO GOOD.

2-3 pounds chicken breast or thighs
    1 diced onion
    16 oz salsa or picante sauce
    2 tbs curry
    Cook on low 8 hours, add 1 cup sour cream 30 minutes before it's done.

Definitely trying this one-sounds delicious!

Thanks for yet another reciepe for chicken and in the crock pot.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Just tagging the thread.

Thanks for the recipes!!
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    2lbs Pork tenderloin, 2 jars sauerkraut, and mustard seed to taste!
  • DLKJr
    DLKJr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Center cut pork chops
    One can of cream of chicken soup
    One package of dry ranch dressing mix

Low for six hours
    High for four hours
  • DLKJr
    DLKJr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Using this!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bump because my slow cooker is under-used and I cook every night!
  • Rhon88
    Rhon88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In for the recipes...Thanks!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    pork butt, pineapple juice (from the can of chunks), pineapple chunks, lawrys teriyaki marinade. served over rice.

NOM