5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My crock pot cooks for me at least 4 days a week!

My fave: 1 bag frozen spinach, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 8 oz block of cream cheese, 1 bag frozen ravioli. Low for 6 hours. Amazing.

Made this today. I used beef raviolis... Really good. Taste a lot like spinach lasagna! Will definitely make again.
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    "Santa Fe" Chicken Tacos
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (if frozen cook time is five hours if thawed cook time is three)
    1 can black beans, drained
    1 can corn, drained
    1 cup of your favorite salsa (I use hot salsa but it can be mild or something fun like mango)

Layer in crockpot from bottom to top : corn, chicken, beans, salsa (I find this order keeps the chicken very moist). Cook on low for 3-5 hours depending on the chicken. Shred the chicken at the end of the time and mix, Careful! the chicken will be falling apart very easily at this point. Serve hot on tortillas with typical taco toppings or just by itself.

That sounds Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    Options
    :)))
  • kmcgallery
    kmcgallery Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Roast Beef, great for other recipes, french dips, reheats well & SUPER easy.

Any size beef roast
    1 pkt Lipton Onion Soup Mix
    water

Add roast to crockpot
    Add water to almost cover meat
    Sprinkle soup mix over top

Cook on low appx 8hrs. *Save the broth to dip as AuJus, add to other recipes calling for beef broth (strain it), or just keep left over roast in it so it won't dry out.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!!! Bumping for recipes!
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Bringing this thread back again :) Schools in.....short on time :)
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mandatha
    Mandatha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound amazing!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    This site has recipes in many of the categories you are looking for: 5 or Less, Healthy, Kid Friendly. Not sure how many overlap in all three of those though!!!

http://www.crockingirls.com/recipes/

My 2 and 4 year old boys aren't the most adventurous eaters but they have liked the meatball sandwiches (basically a bag of frozen meatballs (can use turkey), a jar of spaghetti sauce, and some italian seasoning. Cook on low for 4 hours or so (everything is already cooked) and then serve on hoagie rolls with provolone or mozzerella cheese.

Italian Beef Sandwiches
    A whole beef chuck roast
    1 bottle of beer
    1 jar of pepperoncini peppers (whole)
    1 packet of Good Seasons italian dressing (dry).
    Cook on low for 8+ hours, shred the meat, put back in the juices till ready to serve. Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone and giardenera (optional).

Creamy Italian Chicken:
    4 or so chicken breasts (can be put in frozen)
    1 brick of cream cheese (cubed)
    1 can of cream of chicken soup
    1 packet of dry Good Seasons Italian Dressing
    Put everything in and cook on low for about 6 hours. You can add some vegetables too. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
    Chicken dries out really easily in crockpot so not a great one if you are at work all day.

The salsa chicken one that others have mentioned is also good and I use that for enchilada filling or tortilla soup.

I want this inside of me. NOMS!
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use pork shoulder with the following spices: Kosher salt, brown sugar (1:1 ratio) then add in a bit of cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. Throw in crock with a little water and cook all day (8 hours on low). This could be used for carnitas, BBQ pork, or salads/nachos, really anything!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone posted this one, but it is very easy and kid friendly.

Bacon Ranch Chicken

Ingredients
    4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 Tablespoons Real bacon bits
    1 Teaspoon Minced garlic
    1 Package Ranch dressing mix
    1 Can Cream of chicken soup
    1 Cup Sour cream
    Cooked egg noodles

Directions

Step One
    Combine bacon, garlic, ranch dressing mix, soup, and sour cream; mix well.

Step Two
    Pour over chicken in the slow cooker

Step Three
    Cook on high 3-4 hours.

Step Four
    I then shred the chicken and put back in the pot and then add the egg noodles; mix together.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    in for recipes
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    In for recipes!!!
  • erobinson2014
    erobinson2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ground chicken/beef/turkey/pork, diced potatoes, canned corn and a little bit of water

layer thinly sliced potatoes then onions and canned diced tomatoes

beef cubes, diced pototes, onion, carrot, turnip, rice, tomato soup just before your finished. Lots of water.. makes easy soup :)
  • jmmurray203
    jmmurray203 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast: however much you want
    Dry beans: Soaked overnight, as much as you want
    Salsa: As much as you want
    Chicken/Veg/Beef Stock: whichever you want. Not too much, not too little. Doesn't really matter.

Then you can throw some other stuff in there like potatoes, carrots, or whatever.

When its all done the chicken should shred up easily by pushing it with a fork. Shred it up, mix it up. Delicious with some rice.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Pesto Chicken

1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
    48 oz chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
    6 oz jar of pesto

Cook about 6 hours. I tend to serve it over brown rice.
  • Tony_Von_Stryfe
    Tony_Von_Stryfe Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped chicken breast or thighs. Wrap three pieces of bacon around a breast, two for thighs, place in the crockpot. Sprinkle with onion powder and paprika, cook for 6 hrs on low. Super tasty!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It's probably not the healthiest or lowest calorie option, but it sounded like something but my husband and daughter would happily eat, and required no prep except thawing the chicken first:

http://realhousemoms.com/crock-pot-cheesy-chicken-bacon-tator-tot-bake/

I modified it to fit what I already had, so this is actually what went into my little crockpot:

Tater tots
    Skinless/boneless chicken breast x 2
    Cheddar cheese
    Mozzarella cheese
    2% milk

I layered tater tots, cheese, chicken breasts, cheese, and tater tots, then covered in milk. It cooked for just under 4 hours, and came out perfect and absolutely deeeeeeelish. My toddler and husband scarfed it down, and I admit I did the same. I'd work out for another hour to have it again! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the other suggestions! I love expanding my stash of lazy-day recipes!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Buy the 5-ingredient slow cooker recipe book from Company's Coming Cookbooks. It seems to describe what you are looking for...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bump!