How to keep a kitten off of the Christmas tree???

Options
123457»

Replies

• MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can't, really. We just don't hang ornaments near the bottom (to make the tree less tempting) & hope for the best.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help with keeping a 15 month old child off the Christmas tree? We haven't put it up yet but she is a terror! :laugh:

PS: I use this stuff called "keep off my garden" or something along those lines, it is this very strong citrus smell that my cats HATE. You can get it in a powder, gel or spray form here. I'm assuming there would be something similar there?
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You don't. It'll be their home until you take it back down. Consider it a sacrifice. :P But seriously, maybe a spray bottle or a jar full of nuts and bolts to scare 'em? Our cat LOVED our tree from kittenhood through his elderly years, so...
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Idk if you can find marigold fragrance. Their supposed to dislike them.
  • FitFabStar29
    Options

I don't agree that dogs are better than cats. i think that in your eyes that may be true. For someone who may be ill or in need of some cuddly companion, a cat can def. soothe in ways a dog can't. Dogs and cats both have their benefits and perks but I know it's not fact that one is better than the other. FYI I am a cat owner. Never owned a dog and from the looks of it may not be bad.. but I'll keep the kitten b/c she's helping my son in many ways! =)
  • FitFabStar29
    Options
    @sunn Your link is false lol =). Just for fun.

My husband can disprove number 1 with our cat chance lol.
    We're glass is half empty kind of people so it suits us, we prefer the term realists.
    Number 3 no personal desire to do, props to them though?
    4 true, but so are dogs. In a lot worse fashion (ripping off faces and such on a more regular basis).
    You really think cats don't appreciate food?
    You call that mean? What exactly do you call it when dogs bark and snarl at cats just walking across the street not even near
    them?
    You can celebrate any animal.
    It's already been pointed out that cats can be just as excited to see their owners. Dogs just do it in a sloppier, louder fashion.
    Cats protect humans as well. I can vouch for this.
    Cats can't high-five? PFFFFTTT.. Youtube please.
    Some dogs are afraid of water. Not all cats are =).

• Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Just about impossible to accomplish...
    I'm thinking chain link fence...