5'7" goal weight?

Options

Replies

• heatherfeather130
    heatherfeather130 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and am almost 24 yrs old. My ultimate goal is to get back to 130. At my highest I was 185. My current weight is 177 and my short term goal is to be in the healthy BMI range which would be 159. I may reassess my goal when I get to the 140's though...I would be really happy to be in the 140's. I am trying to focus on being healthier and feeling better not just on an arbitrary number
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    140 is where I want to be to stop looking at the scale and focus on how I look. Right now I could (and do) tone a lot, but can't see it too much. The scale right now gives me that (almost) instant feed back.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    YAY!! My goal weight is 130 (my weight 20 years ago when I got married). I'm getting closer!!

Add me, if you'd like! :)
  • kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    definitely depends on how you carry weight. I'm 5'8" and 115 lbs and could afford to lose a little more
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    135 if you're small framed. 140ish otherwise!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and I'm aiming for 140 and will go fromt here. I got down to 144 before hurting my back (I'm not at 15) and I was pretty happy with how I was looking. I'm more into being fit and toned than skinny though.
  • fagarv
    Options
    Old Lady giving her 2 cents: When I was in my 20's my "playing weight," meaning my athletic top of my game in great physical shape (muscles) was 135. I too am 5'7" and have been very athletic all through my years to the now ripe old age of 52. I weighed 145 when I got pregnant with my 1st child of 4 - my youngest is now nearly 17! On 1/1/13 at 168 pounds, I decided to get it together and drop the weight so that I can truly enjoy the next phase of my life. I cut down the WINE big time and I presently weigh 154. My doctors say 145 is the number for me.

I like your GW - you CAN DO IT and do it now. Once those beers and kids and couches creep into your life it get so much harder the older you are.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" age 42 and 142 lbs (running a little heavier than usual, but in maintenance).
    In my 20s I averaged 130 lbs but was nothing like as healthy as I am now.

There's a healthy range with a lot of difference from one end to the other.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I am aiming for 150, maybe 145.
  • biorach
    biorach Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you guys for your input, I'm really shooting for 135 but I think I'm just gonna lose until I feel attractive! Whether that be 145 or 130, I don't care!!
    I have a female friend who would be 18% BF @153lbs and she also is 5'7". Dont get hung up on the 135 number. Depends how much lean mass you have. Ultimately your goal weight would be determined by looking in the mirror and seeing if you like what you see assuming you dont have access to a bodyfat measuring tool. Women get hung up on numbers when it comes to weight.

Agreed... I just want to look in the mirror and not think "yuck!" for once in my teen/adult life! Ok, where do I find a bodyfat measuring tool and how do I know what bodyfat % is right for me?
    I'm not athletic anymore but I swear I have muscles in there somewhere and the definition is FINALLY visible (although I have to squint my eyes and tilt my head a little) ;).

I had some major motivation today, I weighed 172.0lbs this morning and was laying on the floor (playing with the kids/dogs) and when my 2 year old catapulted himself onto my belly, I tightened up in anticipation. No biggie, right? WRONG! My hands were resting on my belly and when I tightened my "abs", I actually felt them!!! Now I've made my abdomen hurt because I keep wanting to feel them! haha (sorry I had to share this awesome moment)
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 150 pounds. I will ideally shoot for about 130 but I feel like if I can get to 150 I will be a happy camper. Only 30 more pounds to go!
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am just a touch under 5'7" and my goal is 135...but a muscular 135.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Healthy BMI is 135-158 at 5'7" (roughly) so you would be at the low end of a healthy weight. I am 5'7.5" and my goal is 143 but I can see shooting for 135 someday. I am 50 and I think as we age the lower weight is not too bad since we dont have to have kids. For those of you still in child bearing age you should shoot for the mid range of healthy BMI. It matters, ask your OBGYN.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I am also 5'7.
    And my story about weight/goals.

At age 25, I weighed 125 and looked horrible in photos, way too thin.
    Got married and at age 35, I weighed 135 and looked much, much better.
    Fast forward to age 51. Weighed 183. Due to numerous reasons.
    Currently. Age 55. Weight 151.

Goal weight. 140. No lower.
    I have ran into two people in the last week that have not seen me for quite sometime and both mentioned "I looked great" and "have I lost weight ?"

That is the best feeling in the world when people notice. :)
  • MariaMangoes
    MariaMangoes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im 5"6 and 130 is my goal so 135 sounds good for u :) good luck :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Ditto to everyone who says it depends on your body type. I am just under 5'7 and ppl always say to me, why are you working out so much and not eating like you want, you are skinny.... ha! That is a crock. I am not skinny, but it is how I carry my weight. When I tell them how much I weigh, as I am not ashamed, they are shocked and some actually call me an outright liar. But I am currenty 178.6 and I want to get down to 150 as anything below that and I look sick. I have weighed as much as 190 at one point- I think I was retaining water at that point in my life though.

I have been 138, 140, 145 etc.- you get my point, and everyone said at those weights I needed to gain weight as I looked like I had an eating disorder, they were right. My frame carries my current weight well but I would peresonally like it be about 28 lbs lighter.

You have to get to where you look and feel good about you, but for me, its 150.

This. But at 138 I did have an eating disorder. The reality is that I am still in recovery and losing back down to 150 scares me. I am afraid I will get there and not be able to stop trying to lose again. I'm counting on my husband and kid sister (and my MFP friends) to keep me on the straight and narrow for maintenance.
  • biorach
    Options
    Healthy BMI is 135-158 at 5'7" (roughly) so you would be at the low end of a healthy weight. I am 5'7.5" and my goal is 143 but I can see shooting for 135 someday. I am 50 and I think as we age the lower weight is not too bad since we dont have to have kids. For those of you still in child bearing age you should shoot for the mid range of healthy BMI. It matters, ask your OBGYN.

I want to get pregnant again in my senior year (about 5.5 years away...omg:sad: ) and by that time, I better be at my goal. I honestly didn't think of my weight being too low to grow and birth a baby. Very good point, thank you.
    I have ran into two people in the last week that have not seen me for quite sometime and both mentioned "I looked great" and "have I lost weight ?"
    That is the best feeling in the world when people notice. :)

Oh I can't wait, I bet it makes you feel like a million bucks! My best friend from high school is getting married June 2015 and I'm sure many of my peers will be there. I was always big in high school so it will be great to see their reactions! It will cool to see my best friend's reaction too since I moved 2000 miles away! :bigsmile:
  • biorach
    Options
    Oh, and for everyone saying small framed and large framed... what does this even mean? I've heard people blame being overweight on being big-boned, and I honestly don't really get that either. How can I tell if I'm small or large framed??
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I look amazing at 155, end up being like a size 10 and ripped!
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for everyone saying small framed and large framed... what does this even mean? I've heard people blame being overweight on being big-boned, and I honestly don't really get that either. How can I tell if I'm small or large framed??

For example: my sister and I are almost exactly the same height she has a "smaller frame" such as her shoulders aren't as wide and hips aren't as wide as mine and can get to a size 3 and look healthy. I on the other hand have a "larger frame" broader shoulder, wider hips, smallest size ever at this height was a size 9 (high school) and I looked amazing, but also was very muscular because I was athletic. So it does make a difference. If I lost anymore weight at that size I would have lost muscle mass.