5'7" goal weight?

Options

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    when I was that age I was 135 , pure muscle....muscle rocks....
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I am also 5'7". Last time I weighed myself (almost a month ago) I weighed 166.2 lbs. I currently wear size 10 jeans from Ann Taylor Loft and Old Navy. Just mentioning the brands to give you an idea. My husband tells me I look thin. I am curvy and have an athletic build. Hope this is of some help.
  • kristenwojcoski
    kristenwojcoski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a tough question. I'm 5'6 and about 157. My "goal" weight is same as yours, but I'd be happy with being 145. I'm thick and curvey and am building a lot of strength, so originally, I began gaining weight! (but looking better in my clothes) I feel like 130 would be a very lean small version of you. Personally, 130 sounds like trying to be in my high school body, which I do not every expect to get back. If you're planning on lifting weights and doing strength training, 130 may be hard to get down too. But you'll look great and feel awesome at 155, because I do (with of course a not as flat stomach as I'd like) :) Good luck!!!
  • kristenwojcoski
    kristenwojcoski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes! 130 seems crazy! size 10/8 is average.
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Absolutely depends on body type. I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 156 (71 kilos). At that weight you can clearly see my hip bones and ribs. If I dropped much below that my doctor would be freaking out about upping my intake. As it is he's actually advised me that he thinks that's too low for me. I have very dense bones and muscles though.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been approximately the size of Texas for about 5 years but recently lost a bunch of weight. I'm convinced that looking "average" is attainable now! So, I'm just wondering what weight looks good on a 5'7", 20-something female!?

SW: 215lbs
    CW: 172lbs
    GW: 135lbs???

**I didn't read anyone else's responses.

I think you should see what your body fat percentage is and aim for a healthy percentage instead of a scale weight. If you had a body composition test done, you would know your bf%, your lean body mass, and your body fat mass. I find these numbers more important than overall weight.

BUT, as far as a scale weight goes, 135 would be a great goal. That's about the weight I'm hoping to get down to myself.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my GW right now is 170. If I get too far below that, I'm not sure I would look healthy.

I'm going to try to be as sensitive as possible here...but what you're saying is you have 35 pounds more lean mass than the other women who weigh 135 and look healthy? .

If you have to preface your statement by "I'm going to try to be as sensitive as possible here..." Then you probably aren't trying to be sensitive. Your question was a challenging one not an information seeking question and unnecessary. Smh. Geez
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I keep changing mine as I get closer, It was originally 135, but I'm pretty close to that now, and there's still a few areas I want to be leaner. I'm thinking something between 128 and 133 depending on how I feel.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2 and my goal is 140. I can't get past 150 though and my body really seems to like 155. Not bad considering I was 240 lbs not so long ago, and I'm loving size 8 pants. But that ellusive <150 seems to be out of reach for me.

I'm going with set your goal at what can you sustain long term, (attaining it is one thing, keeping it off a whole other battle) and feel good about how you look. Yo-yo-ing up and down is so hard on the body, and you have to find a place where you can live life and still be a healthy weight.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been approximately the size of Texas for about 5 years but recently lost a bunch of weight. I'm convinced that looking "average" is attainable now! So, I'm just wondering what weight looks good on a 5'7", 20-something female!?

SW: 215lbs
    CW: 172lbs
    GW: 135lbs???

Great goals, IMHO. I am 5'7" and aiming for 135. I am currently 146.
  • Haunted_Hiker
    Haunted_Hiker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    im 5'7 and my goal weight is 170 lol
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    im 5'7 and my goal weight is 170 lol

And a great goal it is, too. Why, when you reach it, you might just say to yourself, "I bet I can get to 160."
  • allieemc2
    allieemc2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, 5'7" and currently weigh 130 (+-2lbs) I want to get down to 120, loose the love handles hopefully, maintain it and/or gain muscle. At my current weight, I feel I look okay, but I'm barely a B cup, so I feel I need to make up for it in other areas. I was basically 120-125 till my senior year, then college, and moving out after a year I was up to 165 (I looked okay at this weight, in pictures, but not when I looked myself in the mirror) . A year later here I am at 130. Its a nice weight, but not quite my goal.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    It depends on your build. My sister is the same height and looks and feels wonderful at 125-130. I look and feel spectacular at 140-150. Anything less and I look sickly. I have an hourglass figure, she is a little less curvy. We are both lovely, just built a little differently. We are both in our 20's.
  • ladyvaderpants
    ladyvaderpants Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am aiming for 148lbs, but if I get to the shape I want and the weight doesn't match that, well then I'll be happy either way.
    I haven't been that light in a very long time, but I am well on the way to getting there.
    Good luck with your journey.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    my top minimum would be 60 kilo. im 170 cm thats around 5,6-5,7

right now im aiming for 75.
  • changergirl
    Options
    It definitely depends on your body type. I'm currently 165 and am hoping to lose 10 pounds max. I'm a huge pear shape so getting much lower can't really happen for me. I currently measure 40" around my hip bones and they hurt already when I'm lying on my side because the bones are protruding because there's not a ton of fat there.

Just because you are X pounds and 5'7 doesn't mean that's going to work for everyone. The 'healthy' range is actually quite large and I'd say even bigger than what normal is on the bmi scale. I know a woman who is my height and over 170 pounds and has 20% body fat. No one would call her overweight.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    CharityS40:

This is a terrific and very rational approach to the question. I am 5' 7" and have been reading through this thread getting lots of ideas (and lots of amusement). I was wondering if this would work and did some calculations for my specific stats:

At 5' 7" I am currently 158 pounds and 26% body fat (estimated by online calculators).
    This means I have 117 pounds LBM.
    Ideally, I would like to get down to about 20% body fat.
    This would add 23.4 pounds to my LBM for a total of about 140.4 pounds.

140.4 pounds is realistic and fits within my GW range of 138-142.

Everyone is doing such a great job here--I am so glad that I found MFP!! It is an invaluable resource. I should say, we are all invaluable resources to each other :flowerforyou:
  • syrcaid
    syrcaid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It depends on your frame. I believe I have a medium frame. I'm 5'7" and I'm on my way back down after gaining, but at 155, I looked pretty good in clothes but not quite where I wanted to be. So this time I'm shooting for 145 and I'll see what that looks like.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on how a person carries the weight. I am a 5'7, 35 year old, at 135 I look anorexic. I look normal 155 - 145. I would love to see 155 and I would be overjoyed!! :)

Again, I do believe that it really depends on your body type.

Way to go so far and good luck the rest of the way!!

I'm the same chick I'm probably more muscular so 135 would look alien on me, I'm going for 150-160 llbs but again that's just me, its what you feel comfortable in.