5'7" goal weight?

Options

Replies

• richardbwalker
    Options
    Congrats on your success. don't worry about your best weight...just look in the mirror. You will know when you are at your ideal weight.
  • CharityS40
    Options
    It really all depends on your body fat! You need to know what your body fat is so you can determine the amount of lean body mass you have. I like to be around 20 - 23% body fat.

If you are able to get your body fat measured... you just take your weight and times it by the body fat to get the amount of fat on your body. Once you have that number subtract it from your weight and that is your lean body mass. Then if you want to be 20% you would multiply your LBM by that percentage add it to the LBM and that is the ideal weight.

Example:
    165 lbs with 37% Body Fat
    165 x .37 = 61.05 lbs of fat on body
    165 - 61.05 = 103.95 Lean Body Mass (LBM)
    103.95 x (desired body fat) 20% = 20.79 lbs
    (LBM) 103.95 + (desired body fat %) 20.79 = 124.74
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", 167 lbs and I look like this. For me, 135 lbs would be skin and bones. A normal BMI for 5'7" is 149 lbs. I guess it depends on your body make-up.

[img]http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y377/Malikah_Asia/Weight Loss/Alldressedup_zpsa1fd50f5.jpg[/img]
  • PudgyPlatypus
    Options
    Depends on your body, and your frame. 135 on me makes me have a gut. I'm muffin topping at that point, hahaha. Even with my daily exercise I'm still pudging. 135 is pretty close to what I am right now.

My goal weight is 115-120 lbs.
    I have it set at 115, but I'm basically going to see where I'm at when I'm around 120-125, and see if I want to still lower it at that point. I've been 115 before (my profile picture is from when I got down to that), so I know how it looks on me, and that was a weight that really looked nice.

The only thing I didn't really do much of back then was exercise. So probably going down to 115 and then going focus on more strength training once I've upped my calories. So I expect to gain a bit back for that. :)
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and fluctuating between 126-128 right now. I would ideally like to be 120-123. No huge rush though. I net about 1800 cals/day.
  • daniflems
    daniflems Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    definitely depends on how you carry weight. I'm 5'8" and 115 lbs and could afford to lose a little more

You want to lose more?? That seems quite thin for your height...I'm 5' 8" and couldn't imagine being 120 pounds...I would look sick. At 140 I look healthy and toned.
  • F1GHT4F1T
    F1GHT4F1T Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" medium frame I would like to weigh between 143-138 lbs. Initially I had a goal weight of 135 but I think it might be a bit too low for me.
  • sisters8
    Options
    Hello. '

From South Texas, Ive lost 19 lbs, on this program, I Love. My Fitnesspal, now I want to just tighten up my skin, any suggestions, besides going to the GYM. I do a lot of walking daily, but that doesn't help my sagging skin......
    Keep up the good work... GB...............Patsy:smile::smile:
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind not just your goal weight but what you can maintain. I'm 5'8", and once upon a time I was 140 and I had to kill myself to stay there. I wore a size 6. Now, I'm at 180 trying to get to 155. I think that is more reasonable and maintainable. I'm also 41-- gets tougher, and the older you get, the more gaunt/frail you look if your weight is too low. Just my two cents. Just try to get to a happy weight -- one you don't have to kill yourself to stay at but one which makes you happy and feels healthy. No doctor in their right mind would scream at you if you were 5'7" and anywhere between 135-165.
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 22 years old, 5'7, and my goal weight is 150. May change once I am closer to my goal weight depending on how I look and feel.

Starting weight: 267
    Current weight:225
    Goal weight:150
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello. '

From South Texas, Ive lost 19 lbs, on this program, I Love. My Fitnesspal, now I want to just tighten up my skin, any suggestions, besides going to the GYM. I do a lot of walking daily, but that doesn't help my sagging skin......
    Keep up the good work... GB...............Patsy:smile::smile:

St. Ives skin tightening lotion, works wonders!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    142-145 is a perfect weight for me. Up to 150 if I grow myself some deltoids and biceps.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get to 150lbs and then maintain that for a while. I am very flexible in what my goal weight will be as I hope to get more muscular.

I am 5'7,
    SW 250
    CW 199
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I agree that it depends on the body type. It also depends on your lowest weight you have ever maintained. I am 5 61/2 and my lowest weight as a young adult is low 200s which I am close to now. I went to a nutritionist and I told her I wanted to lose another 20 which would get me around 185. She said with me not being that weight as an adult it would not be achievable. She told me I could probably lose another 10. i am still working towards my goal. Also, even now at 207 my bones are begging to show. Per the charts for a large frame female over 50 my Wgt should be around 160. I know I would like skin and bones at that Wgt.
  • aurora_spring
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal weight is 135 lbs., where my body likes to be. It hasn't been too many years since I've gained this weight, so I don't think my body has gone through a ton of changes and should still like that weight. That's a general idea for me because back before, I too was "skinny fat" as another poster said. I would like more lean body mass this time, and that may change what's on the scale. But the 135 number is the general area to shoot for.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my GW was 130. I'm at 122 now and I'm happy with how I look. Depends on how you look and feel.
  • gafs20
    gafs20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It definitely depends on your body type. I'm 165 now and my goal weight is 155- haven't seen that number for a long time! I think 135 would definitely be too much on my body I want to keep the curves just loose the wobble :-) well done for your achievements so far tho that's amazing!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". My abs look awesome when I am at 140. I got down there for a few weeks and then blew past maintenance back up to 148, where I have a belly pooch. I would love to see what I look like at 135- I put on weight on my back, belly and arms and want to see the muscles I've worked so hard for! I'll be happy to maintain 140, though, so I may not have the motivation to ever see 135.

Body types aren't something that you can pin down, but it's true that people carry weight differently. My sister and I can share clothes when she is 125 and I'm 140.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    5'7 1/2 here and weight is 137, I was forever in the upper 120's prior to working out. Now I've gained weight and muscle and my body is holding at 137
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Any guys at this height want to chime in? I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 167 (down from 222, or most likely higher), and I still have a little bit of a gut and love handles. My frame is medium, based on the wrist measurement method. When I was a teenager I weighed between 135 and 140 at the same height, and got up to upper 140s when I was 18 and lifting weights quite often. However, I wasn't even super fit at that age, since I had a little belly fat even then (no abs, but my arms, back and chest had good definition).

When I tell people my weight now, they always say I don't need to lose anymore. I would have to literally pinch my fat to show them what I mean. I'm aiming to lose most of the remaining belly fat, so my goal weight has been 150 lbs. I've been doing much more strength training and lifting heavier to tone the muscle definition, but I know I still need to keep up the calorie deficit for a while until at least 150, and then seeing how I look at that point. So I'm definitely curious to hear from any guys out there with a similar body type.