"B" belly success?

Options

Replies

• snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I am just getting depressed!! So there's no hope for us? We are doooooomed? I am holding out for more success stories!!!

I think were doomed! :( lol

Thank you for all the reply's everyone! I still hope someone has a good success with it!

I don't know if it's a matter of success story or not; I think it's just the way our bodies are built. I've never been truly too much overweight. My weight fluctuates between 10-20 pounds... but my BMI is always between the middle to high normal range to give you an idea, and my belly still goes out under my belly button (I just happen to have a smaller waist).

we're just BORN THAT WAY!
  • NicoleFray
    NicoleFray Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your replys and who posted pictures! I guess we just need to all keep working hard to get rid of it and (for me) as long as it at least gets smaller then i'll learn to deal with it lol. :)
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a B belly. When I lost the 150 pounds last year I ended up with loose belly flab at the bottom and the top looked ok but when I got pregnant the bottom part would pop out first til I was roughly 30 weeks then it all evened out and you could def tell I was pregnant and not just fat. I'm gonna need skin removal when I reach my goal. I have loose skin in my thighs, lower tummy, and upper arms. Having a B shaped belly has helped me not look so big. It has had its advantages and disadvantages. I really want a flat tummy and I am willing to save up the money to get a body lift.
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump for success stories!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll help out those who don't know what a B belly is. Here are 2 pictures. The first is a B belly, and the second is a D belly.

Nov10-2013-side.jpg

f3049da0-e4eb-4140-9fb9-4a0417329006.jpeg

So one of these is more coveted than the other? I'm confused. :ohwell:
  • Kirstinsbattlewithweight
    Options
    Same!
  • Heidihall3
    Options
    I've got a definite b belly then :laugh:
  • copselily
    copselily Posts: 117
    Options
    I have a C belly. Cuz all you "see" is belly. :(

Lol :flowerforyou:
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    So I just read the first page but can we all just relax please? It's all going to be okay....
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll help out those who don't know what a B belly is. Here are 2 pictures. The first is a B belly, and the second is a D belly.

Nov10-2013-side.jpg

f3049da0-e4eb-4140-9fb9-4a0417329006.jpeg

So one of these is more coveted than the other? I'm confused. :ohwell:

Not really. Neither is a COVETED thing. It's just that those with the D belly tend to flatten out, whereas those with the B belly tend to still maintain those curves and are never truly flat.

Sometimes I wish people would be able to just love their bodies for what they do. I've seen some very attractive women and even artist renditions of the B belly on a "fit person". If your fit and healthy and someone loves you, who cares. We all have more substance than that.
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had a huge B belly. The bottom of the B hung low and I have stretch marks around my hips and bellybutton. My belly was so big, for a while even after losing a good amount of weight, I didn't really have a waist. The belly's gotten much smaller, the top bump of the B is significantly smaller now, if I continue to lose weight and tone, the top bump will soon be gone and I will just have to deal with my lower belly pooch. But I'm much happier with how it is now, for me, the potential of left over skin from weightless far outweighs the health risks and psychological effects of being obese had on me.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am 110lbs now and still my belly is a huge B and fat just refuses to go from there. I am just going to keep on working out and hope it will go away one day. Keep the success stories and pics coming ladies. I need some motivation!
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just went to the restroom to check...and yes it is definitely a B belly. I just always looked at it as the hour glass shape of my body. Mine has no doubt gone down a lot and I hope will continue to decrease as I lose more weight.
    Good luck to everyone...hope we all get the I belly we want. :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I have more of a slight "W" belly.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I think I had a "w" belly that's now a "B" belly. Making progress.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am so glad this thread was revived.
    I am a B belly and it drives me crazy. Even at my goal weight it bloops over waistbands.
    I always referred to it as my top tummy and bottom tummy and couldn't figure out why I had it, and others didn't.
    Just ran to the bathroom to slap on a swimsuit and take these.
    I am at my goal weight but need some time in the gym.

Before 130lb

cw5rc9pfkfh3.jpg

After 101lb

ns1urm861q2j.jpg

d27sejnyrpro.jpg

I am hoping to improve it by March.
    Cheers, h.
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It just gets smaller ... well so far, im 5 lbs off my goal weight though, so im not holding my breath but I am going to do another round of insanity... if anything can get rid of it it will be 2 months of crazyness hehe ill let you know =)
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i have a b belly which worsened since having 3 kids. now its a b belly with a mummy apron which is a combo of lose skin and fat. not cool. im glad now its starting to shrink i can feel the muscle underneath but its flabby over
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 85 pounds (somewhere in the 290s to 205 now), and I still have a B. I had a kid five years ago, which contributes, but my lower half is... more pliable, I suppose. And the top half is smaller. Overall, I fit fine into clothes and like the way I look, B belly and all.

That said, when I'm feeling really down on myself, I tell myself that my belly button looks like a Shar Pei because of the way I've lost fat there. XD
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i have it, and while the top 'hump' of the 'b' has flattened out some, the bottom bump is still a problem.

^^This. The lower hump is getting all loose and flabby but the upper is getting smaller. But I considered it a problem at every weight, not just highest and lowest.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!