How would/do you handle this?

Options

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Just keep it real. You're bored with her and looking for some new snatch.
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    I do want a divorce. But I'm also old fashioned and know she can't financially handle being on her own without my income. I truly know the feelings are gone.as for the kids i also know that its not worth it to be in hell for the kids i feel like I'm stuck
  • smokeyg01
    Options
    "or, what can sometimes be worse is if one person
    changes, but the other person refuses to. Growth is
    normal and healthy, but occasionally there are people
    who don't want to change - and don't want YOU to
    change. Hard to grow as a person if the person you
    married insists that things should ALWAYS stay status
    quo and no changing or growing is allowed"

I think that has alot to do with it
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I do want a divorce. But I'm also old fashioned and know she can't financially handle being on her own without my income. I truly know the feelings are gone.as for the kids i also know that its not worth it to be in hell for the kids i feel like I'm stuck

There's this thing called alimony. Pay it.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Marriage counselling.

Also, stop contact with the homewrecker that wants to love and care for you while knowing you're married.
  • smokeyg01
    Options
    Divorce.

The aforementioned.

You know why it costs so much? CAUSE ITS WORTH IT.

A man is three things. What he thinks he is, what others think he is, and what he really is.

At what point in time, is a man fixed and frozen, if he is to live and grow?

He cannot. He must change.

We all slowly transform and become different, perhaps finer beings.

The you, of then, met her, and perhaps loved her. But you today, are not the you, of yesterday. You are an ever changing man and thus the things you loved about her, perhaps have lost its fondness, lost their luster. Often we change inside and our life partners, our heart mates, do not notice this and thus we grow apart.

Sad but true.

You know in your heart what you must do, now you must find the courage to do it.
    i never thought of it that way definitely sad but true
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Feelings?? What the heck? You made a vow and commitment. it takes two of you to make a mess of the marriage. Go get some counselling and make an attempt to work it out.

That's what your children need to see before you take off because of "feelings".

That's what I would do
  • HarleyFatboyFan
    HarleyFatboyFan Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    what's meant to be is meant to be.........
    do you seriously subscribe to that philosophy?

Yes I do. Everything happens for a reason.
    so, when they got married it was meant to be but now it's hard so isn't meant to be.

Not hard...but sometimes it becomes impossible. People change.

Or, what can sometimes be worse is if one person changes, but the other person refuses to. Growth is normal and healthy, but occasionally there are people who don't want to change - and don't want YOU to change. Hard to grow as a person if the person you married insists that things should ALWAYS stay status quo and no changing or growing is allowed.

How long have you been married?
    my last comment because the person who posted this is serious.

I don't see where any thing you've said can be what is meant to be is meant to be. You say people change and I agree but who decided it wasn't meant to be, God?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Marriage counselling.

Also, stop contact with the homewrecker that wants to love and care for you while knowing you're married.

Why is SHE a homewrecker?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

You've been to marriage counseling?

Cause, damn, you're posting your drama on the net. You surely do hate her!

Or just show her this thread. Maybe you will be able to walk tonight!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    That being said... Does anyone else smell what I smell???
    Do_i_see_a_troll.png
  • CoolHandSmouche
    Options
    K serious question. How would or do you handle being in a marriage with someone you can't stand? especially knowing that there is someone out there that wants to love and care for you

I can tell you what I wouldn't do...put it on an internet post!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Divorce, separation, marriage counseling.
    Only read OP, by the way. So.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can call someone with 600+ posts and has been on MFP for at least a year a troll.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    If your in an unhealthy relationship I would end it.
  • xxghost
    Options
    This was a repost.

But, I'll edit it by saying I hope you talk to someone about this if you're actually experiencing it.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    The Proper Care & Feeding of Marriage, Dr. Laura Schlessinger . Check it out at the Library. Read it. Its a fast read.

Also...in your head the grass is greener on the other side with the slut....but think about this....if the slut did this, cheating, WITH you...then lets say ya'all get together....don'tch'ya think she'll go slut around with another man when SHE gets sick of YOU? :brokenheart: :huh:
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    I don't think you can call someone with 600+ posts and has been on MFP for at least a year a troll.

Sure I can. Anyone can clown.
  • xxghost
    Options

What do either of those things have to do with behavior on the forums?
    I'm not saying he is or isn't a troll, but I wouldn't base my decision off of that.