How would/do you handle this?

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if he is married to this lady???

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1140746-angry-at-husband-for-refusing-to-take-care-of-his-body?page=1

Okay, that wasn't nice, but still... I'm seeing a number of marital issues on these forums.

Happy holidays, everyone!!!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    The Proper Care & Feeding of Marriage, Dr. Laura Schlessinger . Check it out at the Library. Read it. Its a fast read.

Also...in your head the grass is greener on the other side with the slut....but think about this....if the slut did this, cheating, WITH you...then lets say ya'all get together....don'tch'ya think she'll go slut around with another man when SHE gets sick of YOU? :brokenheart: :huh:

Don't forget about his sluttiness.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    The Proper Care & Feeding of Marriage, Dr. Laura Schlessinger . Check it out at the Library. Read it. Its a fast read.

Also...in your head the grass is greener on the other side with the slut....but think about this....if the slut did this, cheating, WITH you...then lets say ya'all get together....don'tch'ya think she'll go slut around with another man when SHE gets sick of YOU? :brokenheart: :huh:

Don't forget about his sluttiness.

You mean that lingering on the Rate Me threads and flirting with whatever halfway decent looking woman is above or below you ISN'T good for a marriage?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1140746-angry-at-husband-for-refusing-to-take-care-of-his-body?page=1

Okay, that wasn't nice, but still... I'm seeing a number of marital issues on these forums.

IKR? WTF
  • DamePiglet
    Options

IKR? WTF

Ho-ho-hoes?
  • Ovrsees
    Options
    I don't see where any thing you've said can be what is meant to be is meant to be. You say people change and I agree but who decided it wasn't meant to be, God?
    [/quote]

Why does God have to be linked to this post :huh:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You obviously could stand her for a while since you 1. married her and 2. have kids by her. Either work it out or leave. Why stay in hell?

Unless it was a shotgun wedding!
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Must be nice for some to have all the answers, my guess is they haven't been where the op is. It's a sad, dark, lonely and confusing place to be. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. My advice,do everything you can to make it work then try harder and if that doesn't work be the best dad you can be and a great ex husband. I wish you well, it isn't easy.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Serious answer: If I couldn't tolerate that person to start with, I never would have married them..
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    K serious question. How would or do you handle being in a marriage with someone you can't stand? especially knowing that there is someone out there that wants to love and care for you

Considering I am in the same situation right now I suggest doing what needs to be done in the mean time to set your self up for happiness in the future. For example I need to accomplish X, Y, & Z before i can get my divorce so right now I am doing that.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Must be nice for some to have all the answers, my guess is they haven't been where the op is. It's a sad, dark, lonely and confusing place to be. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. My advice,do everything you can to make it work then try harder and if that doesn't work be the best dad you can be and a great ex husband. I wish you well, it isn't easy.

It's true. I've never been where the OP has.

I've never posted a photo of myself, provided my location, etc., told everyone i cant stand my spouse while implying that I'm having an affair, then ask for advice on a fitness forum rather than seek therapy.

Yep. I've had 99 problems, but ^^this^^ ain't one.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

I have. The difference is, I didn't have someone waiting in the wings when I was in that dark place. My husband wanted to work things out, I didn't. We also started marriage counseling and are still together and happier now than we've ever been in the 23+ years we've been together. A marriage can be repaired if you are willing to try, but it can take a lot of work.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I would run into the arms of my MFP boo :smooched:
    tumblr_mtpqqczJ5t1sizcwqo1_500_zpsd8fbfe49.gif

Seriously, get counseling.

LOVE IT!!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention the kids. There are kids that are totally affected by this

For me the worst part of my parents divorce was their marriage!!!
    Dont be selfish and put your kids through unhappiness. Divorce isnt that big a deal. They will deal with it. Just act like freaken adults when dealing with one another and don't make your divorce and all the drama that comes with a split up, their problem.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    It's so much easier to say you hate your spouse if there's someone waiting. You can convince yourself of anything.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to man up and deal with the situation, whether that be leaving or staying and trying to fix things. While it's probably interesting to read the comments on here the fact is that none of us are you, or in your relationship, or can make the decisions for your that you need to make... so I think you should be brave and tackle the problem yourself.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    I forgot to mention the kids. There are kids that are totally affected by this

For me the worst part of my parents divorce was their marriage!!!
    Dont be selfish and put your kids through unhappiness. Divorce isnt that big a deal. They will deal with it. Just act like freaken adults when dealing with one another and don't make your divorce and all the drama that comes with a split up, their problem.

I'm glad, yet sorry that divorce isn't a big deal to you.
    Glad you weren't horribly impacted, yet sorry you don't value it more.

Depending on the age of the children, dumping mom for a new & improved model is CERTAINLY a big deal.
    We might be late in the game for 'acting like an adult'
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    In the long run divorce will be better for the kids if you can't stand your wife. They don't need to see mom and dad fighting all time. Eventually they will understand. The most important people in the divorce are the kids. Do not put them in the middle, do not make them choose sides, and be honest with them (if they are old enough to understand) otherwise they will be the ones paying for you and spouses problems. And handle your **** first before entering into another relationship.

This^
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    End it and if there is a problem of safety.. restraining order. Keep the kids out of it, they aren't in the marriage. They can still have a relationship with both parents and would be much healthier emotionally and mentally if both parents are happy even if they are apart.
  • Tish
    Tish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Do you talk to her? Why can't you stand her? I think if you have someone else in your head or heart nothing your wife will ever do will be good enough because a fantasy is always more appealing than reality. Maybe you should try every possible thing to try and get your marriage back on track, like counselling etc. Because at least if all else fails and you chose to leave you know you tried and will leave with no regrets. Personally I hope you give your marriage a shot, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Good luck.