Who's Starting C25K With Me On Aug 23?!?!

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
I have decided since the humidity is getting a lot lower and so are the temps that Im doing to try and start c25k on monday and would LOVE some running buddies to join me for 9 weeks!!

Who's In?

Replies

• sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I just started over this week, but I will support you!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm just about done week 5 - just wanted to say you guys can do it, and it will feel great! Best thing I have ever done, hands down!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I WILL TRY TO DO THIS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MUCH OF A RUNNER/JOGGER BUT WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND I NEED SOMETHING FRESH TO GET MY EXERCISE ROUTINE STARTED!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    hey, ill do it with ya. could you send me the details??
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 6 - and I'm with goal30Lori - it's great, and such a great way to get you running further!! Good luck all :smile:
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    I've been wanting to start this program as well, I'm in!!!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'll restart on Monday with ya!
  • Skinman
    Skinman Posts: 24
    Options
    I second that. I totally support you. I started the C25K about four weeks ago, but I am taking it easy by repeating every week. I am trying to get ready for the Warrior Dash. Not to win, but to do better if I did not work out.

Here are two things I have done that seem to have really made it easier. 1) I went to a good shoe store (Shoe n Feet) that not only measured my feet but had a sensor pad to see where I place the most pressure. Then they watched me walk in shoes to see if I over pronate (which I did) and find the right running shoes for me. Biggest tip here, buy the most comfortable shoe you can when you first try them on.
    2) I bought a Gym Boss (www.gymboss.com) for keeping track of my intervals. I carry it in my hand and have it set to vibrate because I listen to music. So for example, the first week I had it set to, first interval 60 seconds, second interval 90 seconds, for a total of 8 reps which covered the 20 minutes. After my 5 min warm up walk I would hit start and start running. Every time it buzzed I would switch from run to walk or walk to run. When it hits the end it lets you know. Very handy so I did not have to think about counting my intervals and could concentrate on my run/walk.

Hang in there, if you end up like me the pain will come but be manageable. :smile:
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I will!!! What you want us to do!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I'm in too. But, I'm going on vacation next week so I can't technically start until the following Monday (and actually I've already completed week one, but I'm going to repeat it since I will have had a week off.) Are you going to post weekly threads to make sure everyone is doing the work?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! :bigsmile:
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I've been looking into doing this program and I have hopes of doing a 5K in December, but I really don't have anywhere to run. I don't have a treadmill at home and I have 2 small kids at home so I can't really go out to do it either. Any suggestions? My mother-in-law does have a treadmill. Maybe I could do it there. It's only about 30 minutes right?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I get up before everybody else gets up in the house (like 5am) & go running - that way I don't have to get a ''sitter'' just to run for 30 minutes. I also have small children at home (5, 3, 1) so they're all asleep & DH is there in case any of them were to get up.
  • sophieg77
    Options
    I'm in! My posts will be a bit early due to my Sydney location, but I'm def in! Have the app on my iphone but just a bit intimidated to give it a go. :)
  • BroadwayBabe
    Options
    i'm in too! i've been sidelined from working out altogether for a couple of weeks from some minor surgery, but should be ready to start up again next week! I look forward to doing this with some new running buddies!
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Im in!

I started it a few months ago but had to give in due to being so exhausted from work. Id love to give it a go again.

and I give you all permission to kick my butt and force me to go for a jog even if I have just come home from work!
  • letsgetit
    Options
    I'm in....I started doing this a few months ago and got up to week 6 but I had some health issues that took me out for awhile but im back now! I'm probably going to start all over and see how my body reacts since I havent been exercising in quite some time and i'm still not 100% yet.
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Count me in. I wanted to do it before but wasn't motivated enough. But now I have a new frame of mind and would love some running buddies.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for doing this with me!!! So much easier when you have the support and others doing it with you. I did buy asics running shoes just for running and love them so comfortable but been just sitting in my closet. Got them at Khols for $40 which was even better!!

Here is the link for c25k incase you dont have it. I have it printed out so once I have completed that day I cross it off!!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I was thinking that would could post after every walk/run and just tell everyone how the day went and if you wear a heart rate monitor how many calories you burned! And of course the weight loss you are experiencing!
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Let's get started! I am hoping to get a run in this afternoon!! I am battling a Sinus infection at the moment though!