Who's Starting C25K With Me On Aug 23?!?!

Options

Replies

• Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    d1 w1 complete!! i really want to slack off at the end but i stuck with it and pushed myself to do it and completed it.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    W2D2 complete!

Today was a little harder due to the wind but still managed. It was funnny on my last set to run for 1.5mins I really had to push myself to run it all and then when I was doing my 5 min cool down walk I felt like running a bit more so I did! lol

Well hope everyone has a good day!
  • Keemeri
    Options
    I did not get to do my Week 4 Day 1 yesterday....but I will today! Crossing fingers X:smile:
  • Amanda421
    Options
    kidakiwi, hey! so are you going to repeat week 1 or start on week2?
  • Amanda421
    Options
    did w1 d2 yesterday. last few jogging laps were difficult. i tried to remember next week they will last even longer. but you get to walk longer in between jogs too. hope everyone is having a great week!
  • peanut1967
    peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hope everybody is doing well!

I completed week 2 today. I felt fine, but during the last weeks my left knee has been hurting. Everytime it happens it's just for a moment, then it's gone. There seem to be special movements like squats and lunges that trigger the pain (and most times I avoid them), but today it also happened when I got of the treadmill. I really won't give up C25K, I hope I can keep doing this. Most doctors here tell you that as a severely overweight person you should rather walk than run, but I wanted to do it so badly...I just hope my body gets used to it.

Is anybody else having joints problems? How are you dealing with it?
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I managed to complete Week 6 Day 1. It was so tough because it was the first time I did outside rather than the gym's treadmill. It certainly was a struggle and slightly discouraging because I got tired more easily during it.

Now I'm starting to think, can I really achieve 5K when I'm getting out of breath halfway through and with my ongoing high blood pressure?? :cry:

I'm finding it really difficult....
  • Amanda421
    Options
    w2 d1 complete. it is MUCH easier to run indoors. today i ran the track at a local park that is pretty flat but there are a few inclines and then add in other people to dodge..... but somehow i made it :)
  • Amanda421
    Options
    w2 d2 done! seems like this week is easier than last :)
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Ok...I haven't done a thing this week. MN here and get tired easily. So, I will push myself to and get a run/walk in before the Saints game kickoff!

Gotta have a goal! :-)
  • Amanda421
    Options
    so how is everyone else doing??? i am kind of excited about today's run! i have never been excited about exercise. weird.
  • Amanda421
    Options
    anybody out there??? no one is posting.
  • Keemeri
    Options
    I'm here..been busy. I officiated a triathlon last Sunday...made me want to get back to riding my bike. So today I had a day off and went to the lakes and rode for about 40 mins. It was nice. The weather is starting to cooperate. I hope to incorporate the run walk one day and the bike the next.

How is everyone doing?
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I actually started on 8/23 but just now seeing this thread.

I did Week 4 Day 1 on Monday; i am on a treadmill and Walk at 4.5 and Run at 7.5 normally but for Monday I did 4.0 and 7.0

I will try and do 4.5 and 7.5 in the morning.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Try was the right word. I petered out on the last run :(

Looks like Week 4 will be a repeat week for me.
  • Amanda421
    Options
    OK SO I FINISHED WEEK 2 AND AM GOING TO START WEEK 3 TODAY. I AM ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I AM TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE THOUGH BC SO FAR I HAVE SURPRISED MYSELF. HOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS HANGING IN THERE! IF YOU HAVE ANY POINTERS FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKS, LET ME HEAR THEM.
  • Amanda421
    Options
    week 3 day 1 complete..... a lot easier than i thought it would be.
    how is everyone else doing so far???
  • Umpire57
    Options
    I am going to do week 4 day 3 in the morning. I plan to repeat week 4 next week as I did not do as well as I wanted on this week.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    I lied! :)

I told myself not to punk out and go on to week 5 day 1 and I did and completed it this morning. I actually did better than I thought I would.

I plan to hit my first real 5k road race on 11/13
  • Amanda421
    Options
    Good job! I completed week 3 day 2 last night. I struggled a little bc I was jogging the indoor track at the YMCA and it was crowded. That kind of messes up my concentration.