Average Sized Body Acceptance

Replies

• Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    I am having fun! I decided to take up roller derby a little while back and it's pretty much one of the best decisions I've ever made. Not only is it an amazing workout, I've met some truly awesome people. It's great as a self esteem booster too because no matter what your body type there is space for you on a derby team. Big girl? Awesome, throw that weight around! Petite? Sweet, you can squeeze through tight spaces! It has really helped me with my fitness goals because now when I work out I'm not just doing it for me, I'm doing it for my team.

Spreading the derby love, one hipcheck at a time! :heart:
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Average sized me (sorry about the background)
    IMG_2195.JPG
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    56238354_10.jpg

YAY for average size...
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    I am having fun! I decided to take up roller derby a little while back and it's pretty much one of the best decisions I've ever made. Not only is it an amazing workout, I've met some truly awesome people. It's great as a self esteem booster too because no matter what your body type there is space for you on a derby team. Big girl? Awesome, throw that weight around! Petite? Sweet, you can squeeze through tight spaces! It has really helped me with my fitness goals because now when I work out I'm not just doing it for me, I'm doing it for my team.

Spreading the derby love, one hipcheck at a time! :heart:

Awesome!! I love it when we can find activities that are fun and keep us physically fit. Roller derby sounds like an excellent choice that also plays up your strong points. Go get 'em! :drinker:
  • silverraiyne
    Average sized me (sorry about the background)
    IMG_2195.JPG

You look great!!
  • silverraiyne
    56238354_10.jpg

YAY for average size...

Great curves!! Thanks for sharing your photo! :flowerforyou:
  • shasingalls
    shasingalls Posts: 26 Member
    I'm seeing a lot of women saying they are average at size 8 and 10 .. I thought average was more of a 12/14? Either way, I'm still too big for average .. maybe in about 15-20 pounds by my standards and 30-40 to everyone elses ....
  • shasingalls
    o7aagiQ.jpg

First time posting a pic we will see if it works...took a lot of building up courage to do this
    Considered average, 5' 6.5' ish, size m/l, around a 10 pants/dress size

Great pics! You look amazing!!
  • shasingalls
    100poundslost01252014_zpseaa2ffc9.jpg

Total awesomesauce missy!

WOW!!! Amazing!!!
  • silverraiyne
    I'm seeing a lot of women saying they are average at size 8 and 10 .. I thought average was more of a 12/14? Either way, I'm still too big for average .. maybe in about 15-20 pounds by my standards and 30-40 to everyone elses ....

Hi :smile: Everyone's definition of average in here is different, and that's great, we love the variety. Women come in all shapes and sizes and we're here to celebrate that. For me, average isn't necessarily a size, I consider it being "in between" like I'm not where I started, but I'm also not to my ultimate goal, so I'm in between; I'm average. So, whenever you feel like posting your photos in here, you go right ahead. We'll all be here to support you and cheer you on! :flowerforyou:
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member

Well it depends on where you live. In here Northern Europe the average size is 8-10 (or like we put it 38-40/medium) :smile:
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member

I'm a 12. My pic is on page 8 :)...hoping to be a 10 very soon! Everyone looks gorgeous on here. I love this thread!
  • picisto-20140130120745-658671_zps39332031.jpg

Still a 14/Large but it's a far cry from 22/2XL
  • silverraiyne
    picisto-20140130120745-658671_zps39332031.jpg

Still a 14/Large but it's a far cry from 22/2XL

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!! You look amazing :heart:
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member

No your average sounds about right. I am a 12 in most jeans a 14 in skinny jeans.. I am 167 pounds at 5'3 I'm suppose to be 143 at most. My photo is above the gym locker mirror shot haha as you can see my weight is in my butt... huge bummm and thighs.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Everyone else's standards do not matter. This is a feel good thread.
  • silverraiyne
    bump
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    This is an awesome thread! Way to go girls! Can't get any photos to load... But I am right there with ya! Yay average!!!!