Looks amazing, not average.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    bump for yumz
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more beautiful "average sized" women. Be proud of your body and celebrate your accomplishments. We're here to cheer you on if you choose to post your photos.
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    bump
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    5'4.5" 130lbs average girl here!
    0118141104_0001_zpsd72032bc.jpg

Gotta agree with everyone else...
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    Okay... Updated because I lost a size...
    Too cold for wearing anything less...
    ETA: 5'8 160-ish size 8
    b0ifqla.jpg

XgjE19B.jpg

Throwback!! Bringing back some beautiful "average" women!! Everyone is looking great :-)
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    Really loved reading through this thread. Lots of beautiful women on here. Feel weird posting this, but here's my Averaged Sized Body photo. 5'8" no way in hell I am telling my weight, though. Not there yet. Twenty pounds down with about 40ish more to go.

r2vjwn.jpg

Love!
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    I feel shy posting this ^//^ i hope I fit in here

yes victory! Finally got it to work lol xD

photo_zpsdd9ae3bb.jpg

b6ab53a4-fdcf-4f91-af4a-adcbd77f80bc_zpsb1e5ab28.jpg

Gorgeous!!
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    Progress photo :-)

Before/During/Current

12c45980-8ba4-4dd4-a928-433bf127dc9e_zps70a16218.jpg
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to join you hotties!!! Hell 199 is my first goal.
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow, I can't say enough positive things about all you beautiful ladies!!! :happy:

Here is my contribution, I may post more if I become more bold. Almost 5"3 and about 154 last I checked.

Untitled_zps85987baf.jpg
  • RayF24
    RayF24 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    This is my newest update and I'm still considered plus size.

Warning: I'm about to rant!

I HATE the term "plus size" I find the use of it to be detrimental to the women in our society. Have you seen women considered to be "plus size models"?

enhanced-buzz-17128-1361204467-4.jpg
    **Plus size model Robin Lawley"

Seriously?! If she's plus sized then what the hell size does that makes those us us larger than her? Over-sized? And if she's plus size then does that make the super skinny models that normally grace the covers of fashion magazines to be "negative-sized" I just think we need to get away from labeling women by their size. As we all know, women come in a variety of shapes and sizes; the world is full of beautiful, curvy women we see every day. Using the term plus size suggests that we're carrying excess weight beyond what is healthy and acceptable, beyond what is normal. I don't think that having beautiful curvy features should ever be used against us, our womanly curves should be celebrated!

[/rant]

Carry on ladies, and continue to celebrate the beauty that is you, in all your glorious curves

**Enjoying the beautiful curvy body I've been blessed with!!**

*edited trying to figure out how in the heck to bold words :-)

She's 6'2, which is the only reason that she needs "Plus size."

I'd imagine the vast majority of women who wear Plus size aren't 6'2.

You took the most extreme example you could find.
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    This is my newest update and I'm still considered plus size.

Warning: I'm about to rant!

I HATE the term "plus size" I find the use of it to be detrimental to the women in our society. Have you seen women considered to be "plus size models"?

enhanced-buzz-17128-1361204467-4.jpg
    **Plus size model Robin Lawley"

Seriously?! If she's plus sized then what the hell size does that makes those us us larger than her? Over-sized? And if she's plus size then does that make the super skinny models that normally grace the covers of fashion magazines to be "negative-sized" I just think we need to get away from labeling women by their size. As we all know, women come in a variety of shapes and sizes; the world is full of beautiful, curvy women we see every day. Using the term plus size suggests that we're carrying excess weight beyond what is healthy and acceptable, beyond what is normal. I don't think that having beautiful curvy features should ever be used against us, our womanly curves should be celebrated!

[/rant]

Carry on ladies, and continue to celebrate the beauty that is you, in all your glorious curves

**Enjoying the beautiful curvy body I've been blessed with!!**

*edited trying to figure out how in the heck to bold words :-)

She's 6'2, which is the only reason that she needs "Plus size."

I'd imagine the vast majority of women who wear Plus size aren't 6'2 and are over weight.

You took the most extreme example you could find.

you go girl
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    Jesus Christ, this is a fitness forum.

If you're content not being fit, that's fine.

No need to make a thread about how great it is.

Hello. Thanks so much for your input, it was greatly appreciated. We all realize this is a fitness forum, and getting fit is exactly what we're doing. But that doesn't mean that we should wait until we've reached our goal weight and gotten an amazing physique before we can enjoy our bodies and be proud of the accomplishments we've made. This thread is about celebrating all our positive changes, every step of the way. A lot of us haven't yet reached our fitness goals, but we're a long way from where we started, we're in between, we're average. And for right now that's a great accomplishment in itself. Thanks and have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ, this is a fitness forum.

If you're content not being fit, that's fine.

No need to make a thread about how great it is.

Hello. Thanks so much for your input, it was greatly appreciated. We all realize this is a fitness forum, and getting fit is exactly what we're doing. But that doesn't mean that we should wait until we've reached our goal weight and gotten an amazing physique before we can enjoy our bodies and be proud of the accomplishments we've made. This thread is about celebrating all our positive changes, every step of the way. A lot of us haven't yet reached our fitness goals, but we're a long way from where we started, we're in between, we're average. And for right now that's a great accomplishment in itself. Thanks and have a great day! :flowerforyou:

I think the fact that there is this underlying message that you're not fit unless you achieve a certain look is the best reason there needs to be more body acceptance threads. Your physical appearance and your fitness are definitely linked but just because someone doesn't look like a pro-athelete or a fitness model doesn't mean they're not fit.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ, this is an excellent Average Sized Body Acceptance thread..

If you're content looking beautiful, that's great.

No need to deal with morons who don't belong in here.

FIFY