Average Sized Body Acceptance

Options

Replies

• NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So funny that I found this today. I was just trying to tell myself that a size 6 is great. I started at a 20 and got down to a 2, but couldn't maintain that size long term. I think my body is just built to be a size 6. It was what I was in high school and it seems that I can maintain this. I just need to convince myself that a size 6 is okay. Thanks for this thread!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    So funny that I found this today. I was just trying to tell myself that a size 6 is great. I started at a 20 and got down to a 2, but couldn't maintain that size long term. I think my body is just built to be a size 6. It was what I was in high school and it seems that I can maintain this. I just need to convince myself that a size 6 is okay. Thanks for this thread!

Beauty isn't a size, dear, and you look smokin' hot!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that there is this underlying message that you're not fit unless you achieve a certain look is the best reason there needs to be more body acceptance threads. Your physical appearance and your fitness are definitely linked but just because someone doesn't look like a pro-athelete or a fitness model doesn't mean they're not fit.

Exactly! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I heard someone said that you couldn't be both 'average' and fit.

Not sure what that noise is about. I consider myself fit, or well on my way (I can deadlift my bodyweight+some, and squat my own weight. I'm working on my ability to run, and actually am averaging knocking out 4 mile jogs 3-4 days a week. Not impressive to some, but plenty impressive to me). And yet I started this thread. I wrote the OP, I posted my pictures, I stand proudly in my 'in between size/average' skin. I can certainly be 'fit' and yet be 'neither larger nor small' (Since the whole point of this was to highlight those who are often lost in the shuffle of 'Plus sized vs Model sized')

I would apologize if people find that offensive or contrary to what MFP is all about...except I don't care who whiny people who can't read what the OP is actually about have to say. Yay.

And because all things are useless without pics

ZSQTJDU.jpg?1
    cF6lJeS.jpg?1
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love the blue hair, Chelle.

And you look smokin', as usual.
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    I heard someone said that you couldn't be both 'average' and fit.

Not sure what that noise is about. I consider myself fit, or well on my way (I can deadlift my bodyweight+some, and squat my own weight. I'm working on my ability to run, and actually am averaging knocking out 4 mile jogs 3-4 days a week. Not impressive to some, but plenty impressive to me). And yet I started this thread. I wrote the OP, I posted my pictures, I stand proudly in my 'in between size/average' skin. I can certainly be 'fit' and yet be 'neither larger nor small' (Since the whole point of this was to highlight those who are often lost in the shuffle of 'Plus sized vs Model sized')

I would apologize if people find that offensive or contrary to what MFP is all about...except I don't care who whiny people who can't read what the OP is actually about have to say. Yay.

And because all things are useless without pics

ZSQTJDU.jpg?1
    cF6lJeS.jpg?1

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh! So there! :tongue: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ, this is a fitness forum.

If you're content not being fit, that's fine.

No need to make a thread about how great it is.

Hello. Thanks so much for your input, it was greatly appreciated. We all realize this is a fitness forum, and getting fit is exactly what we're doing. But that doesn't mean that we should wait until we've reached our goal weight and gotten an amazing physique before we can enjoy our bodies and be proud of the accomplishments we've made. This thread is about celebrating all our positive changes, every step of the way. A lot of us haven't yet reached our fitness goals, but we're a long way from where we started, we're in between, we're average. And for right now that's a great accomplishment in itself. Thanks and have a great day! :flowerforyou:

This was so nicely put and classy:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    <
    Size 12 UK!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I love the blue hair, Chelle.

And you look smokin', as usual.

:heart: :drinker:
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    been too long, needs a bump
  • jugojuice
    jugojuice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Anyone else suffer with body dysmorphia? The day I started lifting was the day I became forever small....
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    901e46f318d8553e2d85748bfbfe4673.jpg
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    These are my before pics. I'm 18 years old, 5'10, and started out at 165 (the weight I was at when I took these pictures). Right now, I'm around 160, and my ultimate goal weight is 145. :smile: Go average!

WP_000235_zpscee3ff15.jpg
    WP_000236_zps4535f502.jpg
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    bump
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Let's keep rocking our average, non-photoshopped, amazing bodies! :flowerforyou:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't like to define myself as "average" since I think I'm still too heavy for my height, but I'm actually in a healthy weight range so yeah... a lot of space left for improvement, but here I am. -> 165 cms 68-65 kgs in pictures

2hyedf.jpg

2i0tzdy.jpg

5uo5xt.jpg
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    I don't like to define myself as "average" since I think I'm still too heavy for my height, but I'm actually in a healthy weight range so yeah... a lot of space left for improvement, but here I am. -> 165 cms 68-65 kgs in pictures

2hyedf.jpg

2i0tzdy.jpg

5uo5xt.jpg

You look great! Thanks so much for sharing your photos :flowerforyou:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks so much for sharing your photos :flowerforyou:

Aww thank you :flowerforyou: I'm proud of my legs and also my arms now, but the rest of the body needs some work :wink:
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    fitnessprogress_zps8bc6085a.jpg