One Night Stand - Liberating or shameful?

123457»

Replies

• sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Depends on who it's with
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I don't care what others do.
    I only care about what I do.

I will just say this, knowing full well someone is going to tell me just how conceited I am for saying it, but I don't care even one bit...

Frankly, I am wayyy too choosy about who I'd be willing to share my body with to engage in ONS. How could I judge if he makes the cut in one night? Can't do it.

For that matter, I'm selective in who I entrust my friendship to. I have many acquaintances, but few people I'd truly call "friend".
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Sometimes an itch needs to be scratched. As long as protection is involved, I don't think it's a big deal.

I'm your Huckleberry

iofekk.gif
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    I find the idea disgusting
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,524 Member
    All I have to say is thank God ( yes religion) Miss Know it all had homework!! Sum***** she was pissing me off and I don't give a **** who sleeps with who when! God( yes religion again) I have a headache.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Only if you used protection would it be liberating. I'd be scared ****less if I went raw with a random stranger
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    As long as you're safe and smart about it I see nothing wrong with it. People tend to attach a lot of unnecessary stuff to sex. Sometimes sex is just sex, and there isn't anything wrong with that.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    As long as you're safe and smart about it I see nothing wrong with it. People tend to attach a lot of unnecessary stuff to sex. Sometimes sex is just sex, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

You need attachments for sex. Ask any orientation.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    The fact is that one night stands are wrong, and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely insane.

Everyone knows you always go back for the re-tap and make it a two-night stand.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    The fact is that one night stands are wrong, and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely insane.

Everyone knows you always go back for the re-tap and make it a two-night stand.

No I actually enjoy the morning after sex way better than night sex. Fresh meat all around.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Consensual sex is whatever people want it to be. Whether it's for one night only, part of a committed relationship, outside of a relationship or in a marriage, the definition of it is whatever the two people who are engaging in it say that it is.

The end.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I've had a couple in the past. No real emotions tied to them one way or the other. The sex wasn't amazing, but served the job. Now, had several relationships, both boyfriends and FBs, that started as a one night stand, where the sex was good enough that we both wanted round 2 (and beyond)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Consensual sex is whatever ADULTS want it to be. Whether it's for one night only, part of a committed relationship, outside of a relationship or in a marriage, the definition of it is whatever the people who are engaging in it say that it is.

The end.

FIFY
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member

Spent a year working with Planned Parenthood teaching at-risk teenage girls. I've been handing out condoms at Gay Pride and talking about sex with my peers since I was 13. Worked with sexual assault prevention groups on-campus in college. Co-edited a publication about female sexuality and sexual health all through college. Currently a graduate student studying public health, including sexual health.

You're 32 and you work as a glorified receptionist. Let's not exaggerate our contribution to this discussion as well, shall we?

harry_potter_get_off_your_high_horse-82944.gif
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    You can do it, put your back into it.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    I cant have sex without mental connection. Just wont work. Now if we can have a mental connection on the first date, sure we can have sex, and afterward, we can properly break up, if it were to remain a one-nighter.

Can we remain friends on here afterwards?
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    You can do it, put your back into it.

got-a-beep-from-kim-and-she-can.jpg
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language
    No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.