Share your dieting 'staple foods'?

Options

Replies

• LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Most of the things i eat consistently are : Eggs, ground turkey, turkey breast sliced, yogurt, almonds and fruit.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    You're on a calorie-counting website - you're dieting.

Nice one. Some people are just in denial.

My staple foods ... tuna, almonds, celery, most fruits and veggies.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Eggs, egg whites, hot cereal, protein powder, banana.
    Lunch: My staple is salad. I eat it almost every day for lunch, with varying toppings. It helps me get in a protein and vegetable filled day. Cottage cheese, turkey or chicken, or sometimes chickpeas for protein. Veggies vary between cherry tomatoes, snap peas, carrot, cucumber, avocado, and sometimes leftover cooked veg -tossed on top of the salad.
    Dinner: chicken, pork chops, or ground beef paired with mixed vegetables and a starch/grain of some sort (usually a rotation of pasta, rice, or potato).
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal, cinnamon, bananas, pb2, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I have some if not all of these daily!
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal!!! I also love 1% Cottage cheese.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, bananas, granola bars, pretzels, brussel sprouts, olive oil, chicken. I have many of these daily.

Also off to Pinterest to look for mason jar salads.
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eggs, rice, beans, chicken, cottage cheese, and milk.

I too am off to google mason jar salads.
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    butternut squash i buy a massive whole every week, tuna, tomatoes, oatmeal, sugar free jelly (jello), kiwis!
  • doctorandrew
    Options
    Chicken Thighs cause it's too hard to eat dry *kitten* chicken breast all day. Mmmmmmm fat.

Cores:
    Chicken Thigh
    Oatmeal
    Almonds
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Carrots
    Squash
    Whey Protein
    Sweet Potatoes
    Potatoes
    Multi-Vitamin
    WATER

And then I fill the rest with whatever I want to fill my Macros.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    eggs
    coconut oil
    greek yogurt
    hummus
    baby carrots
    bananas
    smucker's natural peanut butter
    granola
    cashews
    dried fruit (right now I've got plums, pineapple, and pears in the house)
    almond milk
    apples
    squash (butternut, acorn, or spaghetti)
    ice cream bars (lowfat chocolate fudge)
    Starbucks skinny lattes
    homemade coffee with sf creamer
    quest bars (banana nut muffin or double chocolate chunk)
    power crunch bars
    click coffee protein
    avocado

edited to add Brach's Mellowcreme pumpkins candy- I have been eating it 1-2 per day since Sept. I have made a whole bag last for 2 months. I am just about out.

Well, anything and everything as long as it fits in my day! :)
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any 'diet' staple items (unless you count diet cola, because I really do drink too much of it), because I really just see them as 'normal things this girl keeps to eat'.
    But at the moment I seem to be eating a lot of:

- Yoghurt (Greek, because it's more pudding-y and like a dessert)

- Apples (and strawberries, if it's payday or they're on special. Or whatever else looks good at the shops. Because I like to put a bit of chopped fruit in my yoghurt)

- Hot chocolate (found this mint flavoured one...yum!)

- Pasta (going through a spaghetti phase at the moment...quinoa, polenta, and various types of rice are also stocked depending on what I've been cooking)

- Cereal (Special K at the moment. Used to have oatmeal for breakfast but after living off it and bananas for a week due to dental work...went off them a little)

- Muesli bars (I quite like Kellog's Crunchy Nut peanut bars, although I think at the moment I have Nice & Natural chocolate ones)

- Biscuits (the tin is always well-stocked, and at the moment with scotch fingers)

- Tea (and like a million varieties. It's practically my lifeblood. I would probably be more upset running out of tea than I would be running out of chocolate. And that's saying something.)

- Milk (whatever I feel like - regular, soy, almond...it jumps around week to week)

- Salad greens & vegetables (if I'm making something that would go with a salad. Vegetables I tend to use a lot of are onions, tomatoes, capsicum, carrots, and celery)

- Frozen vegetables/chips/fish fillets/chicken breasts (basically 'food for when I run out of food'. There are usually tins of soup lurking around the pantry as well. Just in case the apocalypse starts.)

- Raisins (put them in my cereal to give a little sweetness)

- Bolognese sauce (made a giant batch yesterday so it's going to count as a 'staple' for a few days. It was creamy pesto last week. I tend to do a lot of stir-frys and curries in general. What meat is again, whatever I feel like. Chicken, beef, lamb...not as confident cooking fish but I do like honey and almond baked salmon as a special treat)

- Cheese (Parmesan, cheddar, mozzarella...actually, I think I'm out of mozzarella. But you can't have pasta without cheese!)

- Wraps (don't eat them that often...though I'm craving sandwiches these days so I'll probably hit up the baker soon)

- Tinned tuna/salmon (for the wraps, haha. But I don't really feel like it at the moment...gonna buy some roast beef or shaved turkey breast!)

- General baking ingredients (flour, eggs, sugars/sweeteners, nuts, rising agents, butter, chocolate chips...I like my sweet treats, ok?! There's an apple crumble sitting in the fridge at home as I type.)

- General condiments (because we can't run out of those! My housemates have BBQ/Tomato sauce so that's not an issue. But things like mustard, mayo - I make an awesome mayonnaise and still have to get around to that come to think of it, margarine, nut butters, chocolate spread, cranberry jelly, strawberry jam, etc.)

- Ice cream and jelly (summer is approaching here in the southern hemisphere!)

So yeah. Re-reading that it sounds more or less normal. With a generous handful of chocolate on top.

...and now I'm hungry. Oops xD
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    130218-pantry.jpg
    These are my staple foods, period. No "dieting" qualifier necessary.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Non-fat plain greek yogurt
    tilapia, salmon, or shrimp
    apples
    bananas
    broccoli
    spinach
    almonds
    protein powder/questbars

Edited to add sweet potato! I eat those almost daily!
  • nicenhealthy
    Options
    frozen blueberries/raspberries/veges. ice-cream... for the protein.
  • wonderiss
    wonderiss Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 80 calorie chocolate cereal, blueberries, sugar free jello, egg whites, nature's valley granola thins, chicken breast, tuna, light and fit greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, tazo passion tea, brown rice, spinach
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My staples are:

Chicken Breast
    Egg Beaters
    Baby Spinach
    Broccoli
    Golden Delicious Apples or Pears (green)
    Boar's Head Skinless 47% reduced sodium Turkey
    La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb, High Fiber Tortillas (small ones)
    Daves Killer 21 Whole Grains thin-sliced
    Peanut Butter
    Quest Bars
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yoplait 100 Greek Yogurt 2X Protein cups - MUST have! I love this stuff, usually this is my first 'meal' of the day
    Fruit - Usually bananas, apples, navel oranges, raspberries, dried pitted prunes and raisins. Sometimes pears or strawberries
    Baby Spinach & lettuce - plus a variety of other fresh/frozen veggies. Lately I've developed a new found love of brussel sprouts
    Cheese - Havarti or Pepperjack slices, low-fat shredded cheddar & mozzarella, cottage and string cheese
    100% Whole grain Deli Rye bread, taco size flour tortillas and English Muffins
    Triscuit Thin Crisps
    Hidden Valley Ranch Light dressing
    ICBINB Light - I'm old school, NEED butter/margarine on my sandwiches
    Kosher Baby Dill pickles
    100 Cal pack Cinnamon almonds
    Deli Smoked turkey and/or ham lunchmeat
    Frozen or fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    Lean ground beef, chuck roast or stew meat
    Long grain/wild, white or chicken flavored (Knorr) rice
    Eggs
    Tuna
    Jif Creamy Peanut Butter - used sparingly but always have it on hand
    Coffee
    Sugarfree Maxwell House International coffees French vanilla for my creamer
    Lean Cusine
    Multi-vitamins - not really a 'food' but I take one every day
  • I don't have dieting staples because I wouldn't say I am on a diet. I do however have foods that I eat on a regular basis. Mine are: eggs, broccoli, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and apples.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I don't have dieting staples because I don't believe in dieting.

No..

Dieting is the restriction of food, and I don't restrict the type of food I eat.

I will count calories for the rest of my life, even when I reach maintenance, because I don't want to gain back the weight I've lost. Does that mean I'm on a diet forever? :wink:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Nice one. Some people are just in denial.

Really? :laugh: