Are you a douche if you work out on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'll be doubling my normal workout on Thanksgiving/Christmas to account for things I won't be able to log accurately (food other people make) and even more so on New Years to account for the drinks I'm too drunk to remember having. If that makes me a douche, I don't even care.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I'm doing a 10k run that morning, a "turkey trot", and I might 'check-in' on facebook, so, I'm a douche too.

^^^ Me too
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that working out on Thanksgiving will help me to keep focused once the food is in front of my fat face. :happy:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Running on Thursday morning, before I go shopping-so no, not a douche for working out, yes a douche for shopping and making people work on Thanksgiving. In my defense the store I'm going to is normally open 24 hours a day and it's business as usual for them (that's my justification and I'm sticking to it!).
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm running a local Turkey Trot in my inlaw's hometown. It's a charity race so that part isn't douchey. And I'll be home well in time to help with all the cooking and cleaning so that's not douchey. But I will, probably, feel a little self-righteous so maybe just a little douchey.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I work out on xmas day too
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My Thanksgiving is tomorrow because my husband has duty on Thursday. I plan to run early in the morning before anyone else is up. As for actual Thanksgiving I'll be alone, and I'll be lifting in my spare room. If Christmas falls on a workout day I'll workout on Christmas as well.

I could see an issue if you cut out in the middle of dinner to go workout. Otherwise I don't know why it would make a difference.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you post that you are working out on facebook to shame those that aren't working out, then you're a douche. If you just go work out, then no.

I'm doing a 10k run that morning, a "turkey trot", and I might 'check-in' on facebook, so, I'm a douche too.

Your turkey trot is twice as long as mine...(although I learned earlier today that there are over 4000 runners in it).

Unrelated fun fact: My actual turkey we're cooking that day for our family of six is 26 pounds.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you post that you are working out on facebook to shame those that aren't working out, then you're a douche. If you just go work out, then no.

Your turkey trot is twice as long as mine...(although I learned earlier today that there are over 4000 runners in it).

Unrelated fun fact: My actual turkey we're cooking that day for our family of six is 26 pounds.

Are you sure it's a Turkey!? Holy moly....
  • k_stew_
    Options
    I'm doing two sessions tomorrow (Wednesday), a long walk on T-day, and then probably a double session on friday.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    a douche?

no.

a bit obsessive?

maybe. it depends.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Ooooh, my workouts post to Facebook. I guess I am a douche!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I originally planned on going to the gym, but my in-laws wanted to come over and eat early so they can get home at a decent time, so I won't be able to make it there. I might go for a quick morning jog though if I can fit it in with all the preparation. Maybe I'll take one of the dogs with me and leave hubby to clean up the house for a change haha
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thursday is "walk" and pilates day. My gym will be closed. I'll do the hour walk first thing though.
    Thanksgiving is no different than any other day as far as I'm concerned.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    No not at all.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am going to double up on my exercise Thursday morning and I am going to eat like a horse and drink like a fish! Yes yes I am a douche!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I like how CT puts it. Don't give a ***** ******* **** if it's ***** ******* Christmas, New Year's, my birthday.... :glasses:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 5k Turkey Trot, only because there were no local 10ks that day.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    only if they were a douche before thanksgiving
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna workout, just every other Thursday. :)