Are you a douche if you work out on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    hahahaha... um-yeah dude........:laugh:
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Best day to workout- no time crunch and then I enjoy a small treat at holiday meal guilt free
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I like to do a killer workout on holiday mornings, because it increases my appetite and helps me clear my digestion so I can eat as much as physically possible. I also get sleepy if I don't workout, so I don't enjoy the family time as much. I clearly work out to enable my enjoyment. Not douchey!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! I will be doing 1/2 my regular Thursday workout - I will have to skip my Elliptical time as I need to get to the food kitchen by 8am to deliver meals, then I'll be busy cooking ours, transporting it to the meal site - afterward it will be clean up, the drive home and to bed! I completely intend to eat sensibly! I do not want a set back on the achievements I have recently made.

Have a bountiful Thanksgiving all; enjoy the day whether you choose to workout or relax:heart:
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My schedule doesn't change just because it's a holiday.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    Can girls be douches cause I'm running a 5 mile turkey trot Thursday morning.
  • SheridanLT
    SheridanLT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I plan to!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    5 mile turkey trot race on Thursday morning for me. It's for charity, and they do a canned food drive at the race. That negates the douchiness. :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I will be douching it up at the gym early Thursday morning.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Then call me douche; I plan on doing my normal morning workout and a 5k Turkey Trot. Guess that's douching it up!

^^^ same here, Turkey Trots make it okay to workout on Thanksgiving. After dinner me & my grandsons go for a long walk, too.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't I work out? I have the day off work, which means I have hours of extra time. And I know that I'll be eating more than usual later in the day. And this week has been extra crazy so I've had to go to work early and missed my normal workout times today and will tomorrow as well. So I'm actually very excited that I'll have so much time to focus on myself.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have a couple times worked out on a major holiday but as I got older I have realized just to relax and enjoy yourself. Watch football and eat like Artie Lang at an all you can eat buffet. And the next day double up on your workout.

I know Artie Lange and you, sir, are no Artie Lange ;)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It's a tradition in my family to go hiking on Thanksgiving. I don't know how my mom always managed to cook a giant dinner too.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    If you post that you are working out on facebook to shame those that aren't working out, then you're a douche. If you just go work out, then no.

Wait. Isnt posting to FB the ONLY reason anyone works out?
  • Im working out~
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    will put turkey in the oven and go hit the gym for an hour or so of cardio - absolutely!!
    if that makes me a douche - so be it....
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    I guess I will be a douche cause I'm exercising early that morning
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You are only a douche if you go to a gym which employs people that really should be home with their families. If you work out in your home or outside you are being awesome, and can help yourself to another slice of pie. Or a drumstick. Or, could that be cheesecake?
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    If you are, then I am because I'm dragging my butt out of bed to go swim. I've missed enough time lately & I'm missing next week, so I'm gonna take advantage of my gym's pool being open. Not the 1st time I'd be called a douche & I'm sure it's far from the last time it'll happen.......
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I moved my usual Wednesday run to Thursday morning so I can run outside in the daylight and not have to face the treadmill (we've had snow/ice so it can be dicey running in the dark). I also plan to hit the gym after the family meal to do my strength training workout.

If my gym was closed Thursday and Friday....:explode: