Who'se looking forward to the January newbies???

Options
MizTerry
MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
In one short month, we are going to be inundated with new people. Do you think your friends list will grow?

Edited for "who's."
I am my own grammar nazi. Pttht.

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think there will be lots of threads on TOM, not eating back exercise calories, how lifting makes you bulky...

I might just have to take a hiatus from the forums for a few weeks until the resolutioners give up.
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    I love to have new friends like myself that need to get healthy. Whether it's from a New Years resolution or some other reason it's all good. I don't think I could have gotten this far without the support of my peers on here.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Probably not.

Only because it's not growing now since 99% of request's don't contain messages, as I would prefer, and I rarely accept requests that don't have them.

Yeah, I'm one of those people :smile:
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I think there will be lots of threads on TOM, not eating back exercise calories, how lifting makes you bulky...

I might just have to take a hiatus from the forums for a few weeks until the resolutioners give up.

THIS^

"I don't get it! MFP tells me to eat 1200 calories NET?! What does that mean???"

"I've been eating 1000 calories for a week and I haven't seen ANY progress! HELP!"

:grumble: :laugh:
  • april1445
    Options
    I was a January newbie last year, and thankfully, I found friends on here who have helped me out. I've learned a ton, and I haven't lost a ton of weight, but I'm fitter than I've ever been. yay January!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for them to line up at the treadmills, spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to program it, then walk for 10 minutes....
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for them to line up at the treadmills, spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to program it, then walk for 10 minutes....

Hey, I was that person once!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't mind them here...

But at the gym though... Grrrr !!!
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Looking at start dates, it seems like we have some successful January starters posting on this thread. If some of the "resolutioners" make this a new lifestyle, I think it is wonderful, and welcome them. I joined this past Feb, but had been on my healthy journey (lifestyle change) for almost 2 years before that. I have been around MFP for almost a year and am still learning stuff on the forums (thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience!). :flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    NO! :angry: :angry:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    3hHEoNS.jpg
  • TheSwollMinister
    TheSwollMinister Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's great. You need to start somewhere and it's just a simple fact that the good ol' NYR is usually it for most. Sure it's a real PITA dealing with the overcrowding but I just need to remember that I was there once too. I have some really nice and helpful people at my gym that really made me feel welcome in my first few weeks/months :bigsmile:
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am sure we have ALL been there at some point. I know I have. Why does it matter?
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Not me.

sorry_zps1dae99a1.jpg
  • elliexxgeorge
    Options
    I was a newbie once, July time actually.

I don't mind any new mfp members showing up any time of the year.
    They will be asking questions and I'm sure I will learn something new.

I'm sure many of this January newbies will be next January's success stories :smile:
  • baudilus
    baudilus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being a newbie myself I can't say I have any feeling about it one way or the other; I'd love to have more friends, but if they are going to be active for a week and then disappear, no thanks. I'm in this for the long haul this time.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I call *dibs* on the hot ones
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    My gym has never gotten too bad in January, which has been a pleasant surprise.