Who'se looking forward to the January newbies???

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!

this is an example of the over-reacting butt-hurt that will be everywhere in January.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    FRESH MEAT!!

We've had nothing but maggoty bread for THREE STINKING DAYS!!
    Maggots are a pretty good source of lean protein though!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!
    life_is_full_of_ironies_640_11.jpg
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    FRESH MEAT!!

What about their legs? They don't need those.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Most resolutioners won't even last the month of March. After that they become one of MFPers:)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    FRESH MEAT!!

What about their legs? They don't need those.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I hate all new year's resolutions. I think it's a stupid tradition. People usually do it "because everyone else is doing it" which is a stupid reason to do anything.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I hate all new year's resolutions. I think it's a stupid tradition. People usually do it "because everyone else is doing it" which is a stupid reason to do anything.

It's only stupid if you don't do them. :angry:
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for them to line up at the treadmills, spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to program it, then walk for 10 minutes....

Hey, I was that person once!

I feel like we have all been that person. Why else would we be here? I don't care if someone decides to start today, tomorrow, or on January 1st. The last thing I want to do is treat people that need help as if they are a joke. In my opinion that is like pointing your finger at someone and calling them fat! Who cares if the threads are all the same, and a great portion of them don't last. Let's be helpful for those that really want it. If you hate redundancy, then just don't chime in if they ask something. I'm sure I will catch flack for this. I just know I WAS/AM and ALWAYS WILL BE the fat girl--regardless how many pounds I lose, and I will never put down someone that wants to change themselves.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I was a resolutioner this year. I plan to pay it forward because that's the standard of behavior I maintain for myself, but I'm neither anxiously awaiting nor dreading it.

So far I've been successful. I'm not done becoming fit yet, but taking responsibility for my health made me something of an accountability addict. I've spent months learning how to stop being a princess, stop fearing success, and start owning my life, mistakes and all. It's bled into my career, how I parent, what kind of wife, daughter, and friend I am. It's been risky, and terrifying, and amazing, and it's how I do things now.

But I'm not wiggling in my seat to help a ton of people do the same because they won't, for two main reasons:

1. Some people really just need to lose 15 pounds and move a little more. They don't need me and my revolution.
    2. Some people do need a revolution but aren't ready for the honesty and accountability that requires.

But I'll put what I can out there. You never know who it will ignite.

You're one of the good ones. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I think you're the only friend I added during resolution season who's still around.

Hey Lady, *SMOOCH*.:heart::heart:
    Other than really being ready, I'm also still around because I didn't dismiss you "mean people". When I look at my FL I often think of a quote from Gangs of New York:

"It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon. It's warmer than you'd think."

Can't wait to see what we all do next year. :wink:

:laugh:

I love that quote. Very apt.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Never underestimate the ability of people to read their own emotional issues into otherwise benign statements.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I was a resolutioner this year. I plan to pay it forward because that's the standard of behavior I maintain for myself, but I'm neither anxiously awaiting nor dreading it.

So far I've been successful. I'm not done becoming fit yet, but taking responsibility for my health made me something of an accountability addict. I've spent months learning how to stop being a princess, stop fearing success, and start owning my life, mistakes and all. It's bled into my career, how I parent, what kind of wife, daughter, and friend I am. It's been risky, and terrifying, and amazing, and it's how I do things now.

But I'm not wiggling in my seat to help a ton of people do the same because they won't, for two main reasons:

1. Some people really just need to lose 15 pounds and move a little more. They don't need me and my revolution.
    2. Some people do need a revolution but aren't ready for the honesty and accountability that requires.

But I'll put what I can out there. You never know who it will ignite.

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    FRESH MEAT!!

Aye!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Mmmmkay then
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

This is a journey

bdb60bf9-a232-43d0-be35-22399aa23346_zps164244ca.jpg

This is a movie based on a book about a fictitious journey

06b11b15-cd95-49e2-8271-1b0f417c72e0_zpsd813f15f.jpg

This is a band called Journey

journey_zps6b76deef.jpg

This is a car called, you guessed it, Journey

fb74d49b-d757-40b3-9578-d45739ebc002_zps0ab19460.jpg

Weight loss is not a journey. It's a choice, or more exactly, a series of choices. Stop dramatizing it and making it more complicated than it has to be.

:flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

QFT
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Never underestimate the ability of people to read their own emotional issues into otherwise benign statements.

you're just jealous! :angry:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why won't anyone support my gurney?

gurney.jpg
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think there will be lots of threads on TOM, not eating back exercise calories, how lifting makes you bulky...

I might just have to take a hiatus from the forums for a few weeks until the resolutioners give up.

I love the TOM threads. How can someone be so clueless about an event that happens every month after about age 11ish?
  • JonfromIndiana
    JonfromIndiana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Funny how judgmental some people on here can be when it wasn't that long ago that they were new here, and asking questions about net calories etc...