Who'se looking forward to the January newbies???

Options

Replies

• eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I was a January 2013 newb. I stuck with it all year.

I can't wait till this time next year, I will have reached my goal. I will need to make some new goals.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I was a resolutioner this year. I plan to pay it forward because that's the standard of behavior I maintain for myself, but I'm neither anxiously awaiting nor dreading it.

So far I've been successful. I'm not done becoming fit yet, but taking responsibility for my health made me something of an accountability addict. I've spent months learning how to stop being a princess, stop fearing success, and start owning my life, mistakes and all. It's bled into my career, how I parent, what kind of wife, daughter, and friend I am. It's been risky, and terrifying, and amazing, and it's how I do things now.

But I'm not wiggling in my seat to help a ton of people do the same because they won't, for two main reasons:

1. Some people really just need to lose 15 pounds and move a little more. They don't need me and my revolution.
    2. Some people do need a revolution but aren't ready for the honesty and accountability that requires.

But I'll put what I can out there. You never know who it will ignite.

You're one of the good ones. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I think you're the only friend I added during resolution season who's still around.

Hey Lady, *SMOOCH*.:heart::heart:
    Other than really being ready, I'm also still around because I didn't dismiss you "mean people". When I look at my FL I often think of a quote from Gangs of New York:

"It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon. It's warmer than you'd think."

Can't wait to see what we all do next year. :wink:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...and *this time*, I'm totally committed to the life change.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    lol at my gym!!! it suddenly becomes very busy for a whole month!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    that's funny, my resolution is actually to be more helpful to people on mfp and get over the idea that I don't really know very much. I plan on continuing to expand my knowledge, lose weight, and improve my fitness, so hopefully I might actually be helpful to someone somewhere. maybe if the resolutioners get the information and support they need they will have an easier time sticking to their goals.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im looking forward to getting on with the new year

Getting back to loggin correctly, focusing on my diet, getting injury free and getting a six pack(its a long shoot)
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Avoiding the "Introduce Yourself" boards until at least mid-February.
  • missiebk
    Options
    Newbies....so fun.....NOT! I "enjoy" them at the gym, Weight Watchers, and now I suppose I should look forward to them here, too. Thankfully I don't post or visit the message boards too often.

I'm not down on newbies - we've all been one - but they monopolize time, conversation, space and energy only to quit after a week or two or three or four at most....I wish them well and hope they stick to their plan/lifestyle, but so few do....
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    We were once all newbies, so how about trying some compassion here!! Maybe those of us with experience can keep the newbies from making the same mistakes we all did at first.

Or maybe you were perfect and didn`t make any mistakes???
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was a January 2013 newb. I stuck with it all year.

I can't wait till this time next year, I will have reached my goal. I will need to make some new goals.

Yep, same here, though i didnt join mfp until august :/
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Some fresh perspectives, maybe?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!

LOL irony...
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    We were once all newbies, so how about trying some compassion here!! Maybe those of us with experience can keep the newbies from making the same mistakes we all did at first.

Oh now, just because people make a few comments about crowded gyms or are realistic about how many will drop off MFP after January doesn't mean anyone lacks compassion.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Okay what on earth am I missing? Who is claiming perfection? Who isn't being nice? Seriously I checked back on this thread and I have no idea what you and tiger are fussy about.
  • missiebk
    Options

Oh now, just because people make a few comments about crowded gyms or are realistic about how many will drop off MFP after January doesn't mean anyone lacks compassion.

^ ^ ^
    Ditto.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've been on the site about a year and a half now, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's to stay off the forums in January and February. What bothers me the most about it is the fact that so much "Resolutioner" stress can be avoided by using the search feature.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    FRESH MEAT!!

We've had nothing but maggoty bread for THREE STINKING DAYS!!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    FRESH MEAT!!

We've had nothing but maggoty bread for THREE STINKING DAYS!!

You calling me a maggot? :angry:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'm expecting none.

I joined in February. I refuse to have resolutions.