Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hmmm where to start....

-Must eat with salad fork...MUST have 4 prongs
    -Prefer Teaspoons
    -Soup must have a soup spoon
    -Food can not touch and if they do I section off the touching food and do not eat it.
    -Really HATE if someone touches my plate when I am eating, never learned to share...only child and all
    -Hate soda in a can and if I do have one, will not drink it if anyone else takes a sip, even my kids....I can not stand the pop thatstays in the rim of the can
    -Serious coffee addiction, but it must be in my mug or my to go mug
    -will only drink out of glasses at home, hate plastic cups and even prefer a certain glass
    -Butter pecan icecream...I save all the pecans for last
    -Use my right hand for my fork even though I am right handed, even switch hands to cut steak, all other meats I cut ahead of eating them
    -Prefer bowls
    -Hate cold pizza and most leftovers except homemade enchiladas and soups
    -Only put on my plate what I can eat, raised to eat everything on my plate. Except things that touched
    -Must cut all fat off of meat
    - can eat veggies by the truck load
    -More picky about the holistic value of my dogs food then I am my own.
    -Do not like bones on my plate, prefer boneless cuts of meat, otherwise I remove the meat and them put it on my plate.
    -Really have a hard time with chicken wings, nibble the meat off of the bone and normally leave half of it on to go to waste.
    -Normally have no issues with food at the holidays, I dislike most holiday foods.
    -Peanut butter or really anything on toast must be perfect on all edges, plus toast must be perfect.

Probably a little ocd :embarassed:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,638 Member
    Options
    I eat all the green m&ms first just because they're the prettiest and they're mine (this only happens when we get the mega sized bag from one of our vendors at work and I have to share).

With anything else, I eat from least favorite to favorite.

When eating toast or a sandwich, I eat around the crust first because the middle is the best part.

Also, when I spread jelly over my toast, it has to cover the whole piece of bread.

When I used to eat top ramen, I never ate it as a soup. I boiled 2 bricks in water and drained the noodles when it was done, sprinkling some of the flavoring pack over it.

I'll use the postage scale at work to weigh unexpected food items so I know how to track (well, not this week but I've tried to estimate the popcorn, peanuts and cookies I've been eating).

I don't do IF but I prefer to have the bulk of my calories at night.

I go for the folded up chips before the straight ones!
  • cici13095
    Options
    I eat salami rolled up with mustard in it, and I have to drink white milk out of glass cups, and chocolate or strawberry out of plastic. I use the itty bitty chips at the botton of the bag and stir them into the dip and use the big chips to eat them, its usually just tortilla chips. and I hate potato chips unless theyre the wavy kind and dipped in some type of dip, I dont understand why, the taste is just different.
  • tabcatme
    Options
    wow are there some strange things going on here

Cannot bite into cheese can only suck it (yes it does take a long time to eat)
    Love hot black coffee but hate how its gets cold so quickly so always have quarter of cold coffee in the bottom of my mug
    Hate celery and can spot the tiniest morsel in any dish and cannot then eat anything on that plate
    When eating with a teaspoon it has to have a long handle
    Cannot stand peiople who love to crunch ice cubes with their teeth
  • chloegiblett11
    chloegiblett11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Who has time to even think about stupid **** like this. Just eat your fricken food people!
  • afia233
    afia233 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My toast has to be VERY toasty but cold.
    So I will almost burn the toast, scrape off the black bits and then put it in the freezer to chill before i put any toppings on it.
    I make toasy sandwitiches the same way, the bread is never warm.....

All gherkins/pickles MUST be sliced very thinly. usually 15 slices a pickle...

:)
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter and potato chip sandwiches. Also, after opening a new jar of peanut butter, the first taste is scooped out with fingers. Leftover stuffing from Thanksgiving is best eaten cold.
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I put sunflower seeds in everything and mushrooms. I love them both.

My favorite thing is to take a baby carrot and drag it through some hummus and then dip the hummus in sunflower seeds. It adds a second crunchy texture to my carrot.

I hate crunchy peanut butter, but I put sunflower seeds on my creamy peanut butter and eat it that way.....it makes no sense as was pointed out to me....but sunflower seeds have a more delicate crunch.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    toast must be the right crispiness when cooked (not too burnt or lightly toasted) or I don't want to add butter

ice cream must be soft serve or soft enough to mix but NOT soupy

bananas must be ripe but not too ripe and not have any bruises. I can't eat too much banana at once or I feel sick

I like my cereal to be washed with milk but while eating it I lean my bowl back so the milk drains out of the cereal

I mix jams/spreads or condiments all the time, and get cravings for spoonfuls of peanut butter that I want to mix with some random stuff in the cupboard (flour, chocolate powder, protein powder, jam, honey, etc)

I never like eating my chocolate non-melted cause I feel it is a waste of flavour and tongue coating sensations

I eat stuff in the kitchen as I'm making it and sometimes don't manage to sit down to eat it properly.

When I make food for my boyfriend I take little bits and pieces of what I'm making for him.

I can eat a tiny brownie for a meal then work for several hours, and be satisfied with a small cappuccino, and yet get hunger pangs after a more substantial meal.

I eat mars bars in sections - sides, caramel, then base. Then I stopped eating them cause I realized the only bit I really liked was the caramel, but there's too much caramel in a milkway simply caramel and it's too chewy. Carmello eggs are good.

Will eat the flavour sachets of instant noodles, slow cooker mixes etc by themselves, by damping my finger and licking it off my finger. Same for sweet powders such as chocolate or glucose haha

I can never bring myself to throw out egg yolks and will always use them somehow.

I need artificial sweetener to get the flavour from some foods (mostly hot things like porridge or tea)

I cannot eat the same meal 2 times in a row

However, sometimes I get obsessed with a food and that's ALL I eat, three meals a day.
  • Niccidawn092
    Niccidawn092 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Most of my weird quirks are with junk food, like sorting my skittles according to colors or eating the chocolate on the outside of candy bars first. I like to section things off.

I eat mostly out of coffee mugs instead of bowls or plates because I like to mash all my warm foods together. I will also do this with Neapolitan ice cream. I will carefully get even amounts of each section, shove it into a large glass and then pour milk into it. Then I mash it together like crazy. Sometimes the milk freezes a little and that is even better.

I feel really weirded out by me now.
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There are some really funny quirks here! I don't have any major ones but

- if the food is supposed to be warm, then it must be scorching hot, or I will nuke it in the microwave until its so hot it burns.
    - if I can eat it with a bowl, I will (something to do with the heat retention of a bowl vs a plate I suppose)
    - not a huge fan of fresh berries, but I can eat frozen berries by the handful
    - I can only eat ricotta cheese with honey, I can't stand it in savory dishes.
    - I eat cottage cheese straight from the packet and actually really like the coagulated texture.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Does anybody also like eating milk and pizza together?

I like Chocolate milk & pizza!
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Think I am gonna "borrow" that idea of garlic mayo and ketchup... that sounds like it would make a tasty dip.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I put mustard on mashed potatoes.
    I eat a slice of pizza top to bottom, not front to back (i gnaw off the toppings....well....did. darn gluten allergy.)
    I dunk peanutbutter in soymilk.
    I put vinegar based hot sauce in my chicken and dumplings.
    I salt my coffee.
    I eat squirrel, opossum, and raccoon.
    The only way ill eat scrambled eggs is with deer sausage.
    I put franks red hot sauce on fried eggs.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Super picky about meat and seafood- must be fresh, no bones or grizzly bits at all.
    I generally do not eat leftovers... Or homemade meals that have been frozen, with the exception of anything in tomato sauce.
    Love ice cream in my coffee.
    Toast: golden toasted, butter must be melted or PB must be melty.
  • prettykitty01
    prettykitty01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't like any food "hot". I will eat everything lukewarm or even cold.
  • TheJhazminShow
    Options
    Hah i love this. I have a few weird ones.

#1 is fork handles. i hate thick handled utensils, they feel disgusting in my fingers. i have one particular fork, my "bamboo fork" that i have used since childhood, it's sterling silver card into a bamboo stick, very thin, possibly the slimmest fork handle i have ever seen. i have been using this fork for 26 years, and i use it for almost every meal at home, unless soup. any time it's lost is a crisis. :P

#2 i can't stand salad on warm plates, salad served on the side of pasta as example, HELL NAH. salad is to be served in it's own room temp or colder plate/bowl, thank you.

#3 i prefer eating out of bowls, also. can't believe so many people share this one!

#4 i don't like foods that take "too long" too chew. anything that spends too much time in my mouth grosses me out and makes me feel like gagging. because of this i eat very fast and don't chew as well as i should. :( the idea of spending more time deliberately chewing as so many advise for portion control grosses me out beyond anything.

#5 green bell peppers. vom central. can't even eat something they've been picked out of, i smell em a mile away.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I can't have baked beans and egg on the same plate as I can't stand the thought of the bean juice running into my egg yoke.
  • jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It was pointed out a few years ago that I smell everything I eat or drink before it goes into my mouth the first time in that setting, now that Ive been made aware of it I notice it too. Also, I like to use yogurt instead of milk with some types of cereals.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I love fried eggs but never order them in a restaurant because of how I eat them. The yolks have to be hard (although lately I've tolerated them a wee bit runny) and I only eat the whites portion. This means that I have to peel the whites from around the yolks with my fingers, which is the reason I only eat these alone when no one is looking. I look like a weirdo or a raccoon.:laugh: