Your weird food eating habits

Options

Replies

• SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    I really really like to make leafy green salads (kale spinach lettuces) in the box they came in but cut up with purple cabbage carrot cucumber etc
    then some sort of simple fish or egg cold protein
    then a vinegar or pickled ginger dressing
    Use nori sheets torn up and wrap up the salad
    It's like all the sushi ingredients flavors tastes
    With extra seaweed and vegetables ????

Is anyone else addicted to seaweed? Iron? Something tease that feels good in the body?
  • AvonBell
    AvonBell Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What I'm getting from this thread is that peanut butter goes with everything. I suspected as much.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I don't mix up my food on the plate, I'll finish one item before moving onto the next
    I can eat food cold out the tin
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Does anybody also like eating milk and pizza together?

YES!!! My family thinks I'm weird for it!
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1. Have to put vinegar on green veg like cabbage, sprouts, green beans (get some funny looks in restaurants with that one!)
    2. Can't drink anything out of polysterene cups
    3. Coffee has to be in a mug, tea has to be in bone china
    4. Canned tuna is gross - the smell when you open the tin makes me gag!
    5. Love cold takeaway curry - in the morning with a hangover!
    6. Can't stand tomato ketchup on chips
    7. Don't do well done steak - it has to be bleeding!!
    8. Cheese & onion crisps - yuck!
    9. I like mayo but salad cream is disgusting
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I also love the folded potato chips. I would rather eat candy than real food. I am addicted to peppermint and this is my favorite time of year because I can eat candy canes. I cannot eat cereal with a plastic spoon or the last bit of cereal from the bag, I hate the crumbs. I don't like mayonnaise to touch my hands!!!! I would rather have sides than meat ( I LOVE FRENCH FRIES). I have learned to eat them baked in the oven instead of fried. I eat really fast not grossly fast but fast enough. Wow this is funny, did not know that so many people had weird eating habits.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Oh also I don't drink hot liquids. It takes to long to get to the point. With my ADD I cannot wait for something to cool nor do I have time to blow it cool. I am a guzzler and you cannot guzzle hot tea or coffee.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love eating tortillas with peanut butter spread on top. Not sure if that's a common thing or not lol
    Delicious, and my lil one loves it too
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I can tell you my old weird habits as I don't eat any of this anymore.

M&Ms sorted by color, eaten in twos.
    Eat breading off chicken nuggets before eating the "nugget" itself.
    Rip crust off of bread (but only half) lol - no logic to this.
    No pointed french fries
    Only folded potato chips
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I eat English hot mustard with most things including English crumpets (I'm English btw) LOL
    I don't eat pies or things that I can't see into unless I have a plate and cutlery that I can remove the lid and inspect the contents
    I will only eat the casing of a sausage (I scrape out all the mushy meat and leave it)
    I only eat my cereals if left in milk for at least half hour so that they are soggy
    I don't eat ice cream unless it has been blasted for 40 seconds in the microwave
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Chips/fries in gravy!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like taking REALLY small bites of ice cream. Because of that I'd rather use the sample spoon instead of the full size.
  • latewinter
    Options
    I can only eat granny smith apples and i can only eat them if i chop them up into quarters other than that i don't have any strange eating habits i don't think
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh I so hear you with the number thing, I have to eat in odds not evens, even nuts or if I accidentally drop one and only pop 2 in then I have to quickly pop in another to make it odd, my son is opposite and has to have evens.
    Thing is, I am the same when using the remote control, and so is he, I can only have the volume on odd numbers and can cause quite an upset when he is watching with me, it actually makes me feel a freak but oh well we are all made differently for a reason :)
    Any coloured foods have to be eaten in order, like M&Ms or smarties etc. I will group them by colour and eat only one colour at a time, saving blue for last usually. I prefer eating with small cutlery as well, like I'll opt for a teaspoon to eat soup or pudding where a bigger spoon ought to be used. I think this is just because it makes me feel like I'm having a larger serving! I like to eat even numbers of things/servings. (10 or 12 almonds are fine - 11 would bother me immensely and I LOATHE the number 9 so always avoid it if possible.)

Oh my goodness I'm mad.. :o

I always use a teaspoon too, but not for the same reasons. It's because I have a small mouth. (I'm not exaggerating here, The dentist had to remove some of my permanent teeth when I was a kid because there wasn't room for all of my teeth in my mouth.) If I try to use a larger spoon, especially when I eat soup, I usually end up with soup running down my chin as I try to fit the spoon in my mouth. It just doesn't work for me.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    WhenI still ate potato chips and ice cream, I preferred the chips that were folded in half. I also agree on the half-melted ice cream. Way better :P Now that I'm Paleo, I don't think I have too many weird food things going on. I've gotten boring haha.

Oh my gosh at the folded over chips. I would buy kettle cooked potato chips and dig through the bag trying to find these first.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Chips/fries in gravy!

LOVE chips & gravy!!
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ice cream must be Just out of the freezer. And it has to be an icy taste - not creamy. Otherwise - not worthy
    My protein bars (Zone) which i am addicted to - must be very cold - preferably right out of the freezer. Warm - i won't eat.
    I have had cooked Oatmeal with protein powder, flax seeds, blueberries, stevia and a little almond milk for the past 7 months for breakfast - Everyday. Now i often have the same thing for either lunch or dinner.
    Salad dressing - must be - on the side
    Water - at a restaurant - must have a slice of lemon with it - otherwise i bug the waiter/waitress until they remember
    french fries are not worthy unless they are perfect - in my mind - crispy on the outside - soft on the inside
    Any chocolate - must be cold - otherwise it goes in the fridge or freezer - until later
    apples - cored and sliced
  • MorganBody
    Options
    If I'm prepping food for myself I have to take a bite of it before I eat it.
    Ie:before buttering toast must taste bread ...etc
    Lol
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    The food-can't-touch thing seems to be more common than I thought so I don't feel so alone.

-FACT: All cheese tastes better melted.
    -I hate when butter isn't evenly distributed on toast and overcompensate by covering the edges in twice as much.
    -The texture of apple pie is what I think eating fetuses would be like (horrible, slimy and gross).
    -I always hated mushrooms until about a year ago and now I LOVE them on everything (I'm 30 years old!)
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I put salsa on my salad instead of dressing